Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #1126
ItsNotMuchofaTail
but I'm sort of attached to it

5 days! 5 days! 5 days!

The secret is still intact, LOL.

I did my online checkin, but couldn't add my request that way. My TA was supposed to add it for me, so I will roll the dice and see what I get.

Previous trips:
Off Site: Visiting the grandparents in the 80s - June 2000 - Honeymoon (POFQ) - June 2007 - DD's 1st trip (ASM)June 2010 - We're getting divorced and going anyway (CBR)

November 2012 - Just DD and me (POR-Royal Room)
Old 11-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #1127
Melissabo
Mouseketeer

I'm trying to check in online, we arrive at POR in 9 days!!When I get to room requests it has a pack n play listed (we do not want one and I didn't request one when I booked but I did request bed rails) so I wanted to swap that out for rails and just request a room near the main building and parking lot as we will have a car with us. It will not let me add anything though, the only thing I can do is check or uncheck the pack n play box. Any thoughts on what is up with this?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #1128
nightsky
Earning My Ears

25 more days! I can't wait!! The kids have no idea we're going. I can't wait to pick them up from school and head straight to the airport!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #1129
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissabo View Post
I'm trying to check in online, we arrive at POR in 9 days!!When I get to room requests it has a pack n play listed (we do not want one and I didn't request one when I booked but I did request bed rails) so I wanted to swap that out for rails and just request a room near the main building and parking lot as we will have a car with us. It will not let me add anything though, the only thing I can do is check or uncheck the pack n play box. Any thoughts on what is up with this?
You place requests on your reservation, at the time of reservation until the reservations roll over to the resort.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #1130
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Yay! 6 mire days til we surprise the girls with the Royal Guest Rooms!!!!

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
Old 11-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #1131
1stTimeDisneyer
DIS Veteran

Sorry this is going to be a book!

Hi everyone, I just wanted to give a little update about our trip. We just got home yesterday, so this is a very up to date update. I must say POR is a very nice resort; the people and property are just wonderful. Upon arrival we were granted not only all our requests, but also had our rooms upgraded to Building 14, which is a great location! I want to thank Venomhatch again for his help in sending in my requests.

We had a lovely corner room on the second floor which really helped to cut down on the foot traffic. We also had the best mousekeeper all week. I have never seen so many cool towel animals and people. The towel person was kind of creepy, but also so very cool at the same time. I got to meet our Mousekeeper on Thursday and she was so sweet, she and I had a nice little chat and parted with a hug. She really was great. As for our neighbors, I cannot say they were so great. From 5am until 10am everyday they would block their doors open with the slide lock and open and let them slam at least every 30 seconds. It truly was annoying and it was enough to wake all of us up. They finally stopped when I walked around the corner and looked at them with a “are you really serious look.”

I know most people want to know about the buses. The buses really where fine, the longest we had to wait for a bus was just a couple of minutes except for our last day. At night the buses where packed, but during the day the buses were pretty empty. On our way to the park we were always the first stop except for our last day we were last, but there was still room to sit. And on the way home with the exception of one night we were always the first drop off. A few times we stopped at the French questers, but most days we did not. On our last day we headed to DTD and could not get a bus we waited over 30 minutes and saw over 11 buses before we got a single bus. We only received this bus because I asked another driver to please find out where our bus was. Other than that we did not have any problems with the buses.

Overall we really liked POR the resort is so nice, so pretty and the people are wonderful. However, both my Husband and I decided that our hearts truly belong to Coronado. Since there are only two of us and we do not have kids we just feel it is a better fit for us.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask!

Here we come May 2009! Me DH DMom DDad

Old 11-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #1132
Melissabo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
You place requests on your reservation, at the time of reservation until the reservations roll over to the resort.
Ok, when do they roll over to the resort? Why do they have this box for online check in if you are unable to do anything with it?
Old 11-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #1133
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

I just put in a request for Oak Manor for our Royal standard view room - hope I get it! Thanks, everyone.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #1134
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom
I just put in a request for Oak Manor for our Royal standard view room - hope I get it! Thanks, everyone.
I put in for oak manor too! Hope I get it!!! Is there a number i can call before i arrive to put in another request? All i did was add it to our reg reservation

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
Old 11-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #1135
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissabo View Post
Why do they have this box for online check in if you are unable to do anything with it?
Thats a very good question. I really wish they would fix that. That issue is the cause of soooo many posts on the DIS.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #1136
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimeDisneyer View Post
I want to thank Venomhatch again for his help in sending in my requests.
No problem at all. Glad that you had a wonderful time besides the next door neighbor!
Old 11-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #1137
Melissabo
Mouseketeer

So if I need the bed rails and it is not showing on my reservation should I not do online check in or just do it and request the rails once we are there?
Old 11-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #1138
vtownpatty
Mouseketeer

We will be there in 20 days! I made just a couple of requests with our reservation and plan on doing on line check in. At about 5 days out I plan to fax the resort asking again for our requests - hope that works. We were at CBR last year and while the resort was beautiful, the rooms did seems bit worn ( especially the bathroom). Since all of POR has been refurbished, do all the rooms still feel new and well kept?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 11-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #1139
skylilly
Mouseketeer

6 more days. Debating about on line check in. Any suggestions
Old 11-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #1140
mamamini
Mouseketeer

I too just did online check in and had the pack-n-play request option. Which we don't need. I'm hoping I can ask Venomhatch to shine a little light on this for me with the fax-in procedure. I understand that it's to happen 3-5 days before arrival, and that short and sweet is preferred. I totally understand that a request is just that, a request, just curious what would be suggested?

thanks for the help! 9 more days!!!

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: