Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
leighi123
Earning My Ears

What is the "embarkation dining session"?

I emailed DCL regarding my son's food allergies and got the following response:

"On your date of sailing, please visit the embarkation dining session,
which will take place during boarding hours. Dining representatives
will be on hand to assist with your dietary requests."

When/where/what is this? I want to make sure that his allergies will be handled and I was hoping to take care of it in advance, I don't want to get on the ship and then find out he has to live on fruit for 4 nights.

Also, they said "eat at the dine-in options" and not other places. I'm assuming that means the main restaurants? What about if he is hungry in-between (we have late seating for dinner, so I'm expecting him to want a late afternoon snack). Also, the first day lunch is all buffet and thats before we will be able to talk to the head server, so how do we feed him then?
leighi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
All Things Simba
Can't stop taking photographs!

Smile

I believe they mean that you need to go to your assigned restaurant on your 1st day on board. You can talk to your dining room servers about his dietary needs then. You should be able to do this if you board early enough - and avoid the buffet. (I think the dining rooms close by 1:30 - 2:00 pm)
I would also talk to them about eating while not in one of the main dining rooms. Your servers stay with you throughout your cruise, so they will know what is going on and can give you advice.
8/99-CSR, 1/02-CBR, 2/04-POP, 8/05-DCL Panama Canal Cruise!, 12/07-AKL & POLY for Christmas, 1/09-POFQ & DCL Eastern w/St. Croix!, 10/09 POFQ WDW for Halloween & DCL Halloween Cruise, 4/13-POP Girls trip to WDW for the Epcot F&G Festival!, 10/13-WDW for Halloween and DCL Eastern for niece's wedding on Castaway Cay! 2/14-1st trip to Disneyland!, 1/15-2nd trip to Disneyland.

All Things Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
dittymau
Earning My Ears

When you board there will be assigned area (Magic it was Rocking Bar D) where dining reps will look at your dining rotations make Palo reservations or address any specific dietary needs on the computer. Trust me, they will take care of everything for you, just off the Magic and service level was 5* for us.
dittymau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
All Things Simba
Can't stop taking photographs!

Taken from the Passporters page - Dining with Dietary Restrictions:

In reading the frequently asked questions on the Disney Cruise website, it mentions any special diet-restricted needs need to be requested at the time of booking, to ensure that those needs can be met. The travel agent relayed that information on to Disney when she made our reservation.

After boarding the ship, we proceeded to Rockin' Bar D, in order to check that all the appropriate arrangements regarding our special diets had been made. The crew member replied that when we arrived at dinner that night to inform our servers, and they would take care of us from that moment on. And take care of us they did!
8/99-CSR, 1/02-CBR, 2/04-POP, 8/05-DCL Panama Canal Cruise!, 12/07-AKL & POLY for Christmas, 1/09-POFQ & DCL Eastern w/St. Croix!, 10/09 POFQ WDW for Halloween & DCL Halloween Cruise, 4/13-POP Girls trip to WDW for the Epcot F&G Festival!, 10/13-WDW for Halloween and DCL Eastern for niece's wedding on Castaway Cay! 2/14-1st trip to Disneyland!, 1/15-2nd trip to Disneyland.

All Things Simba is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: