DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #436
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerNashville View Post
Has it been confirmed that if you buy the vouchers in 2012, but are not able to activate in 2013, the voucher would still be a credit for, say, an AP that you would purchase in 2014? Or are you out $2000 for a family of 5?
Officially I have not heard anything about this.

However, if someone came to my window in 2014 or later with a set of unused vouchers I would accept them at their value of $399 (plus tax) each toward the purchase of any tickets with a higher cost without asking for permission. And I do not know of any ticket or Guest Relations Manager who would not allow such a transaction.

You would not be able to just exchange them for an AP, but you would not lose the amount that you paid for them.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #437
BrerNashville
DIS Veteran

Thanks, CF. Would one be better off with hard copy of the voucher, or will call? In other words, if the voucher was only will call, might the system cancel them out? I don't know enough about will call to know whether this would be an issue.
BrerNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #438
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

To the best of my knowledge and belief, any ticket reservation in the system will not be purged until some time after the ticket is issued. Actually, as storage is not expensive, I don't think they ever purge the reservations but will keep them on record showing what booth and terminal, and when, the tickets were actually picked up.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #439
nuzmom
a real Robinhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzmom View Post
We purchased DVC PAP vouchers earlier this year & have not yet used them. We are going to WDW in early December. I understand that Disney doesn't typically issue credits/refunds, but what do you think the odds are for getting these vouchers changed to the DVC PAP (at $399 each) & receiving a credit? For our four tickets, we're talking quite a bit of difference in cost (a pretty hefty credit).
If we had purchased AP vouchers, they would be upgraded. My complaint is that we spent the extra money to buy what is now costing $399 each (we spent $524 each!). Just seems like we got a bum deal by paying for these PAP vouchers ahead of time. Sigh.

If you think we have a chance, would you suggest calling or trying MS after we get there?
Cheshire - what do you think our odds are of getting a credit? Is it best to wait until we get to WDW? Our first day will be at HS - just go to guest services???
I've seen one post of a credit being issued (on a disney gift card - which would be great for us), but haven't found many asking this question.
Past: AKV, Dec '14, AKV - Aug/Sept '13, OKW - Dec '12, AKV - Sept '11, SSR/AKV - Dec '10, AKV/BLT - Sept 09, SSR - Oct 08, SSR - Dec 07, POR, DCL, BWV - Aug/Sept 06, SSR - Dec 05, BWV - Sept 05, OKW - Dec 04, FWCabins - Sept 04 (became DVC member), FWCabins - Sept 99, Contemporary - June 89, Offsite - May 84, Contemporary - Dec 82, DL - 78 [/COLOR]
nuzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #440
wehavesix
Yes, I really have 6 kids
Yes, I'm crazy but in a good way
One minute I was walking along and the next I was falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzmom View Post
Cheshire - what do you think our odds are of getting a credit? Is it best to wait until we get to WDW? Our first day will be at HS - just go to guest services???
I've seen one post of a credit being issued (on a disney gift card - which would be great for us), but haven't found many asking this question.
We upgraded our regular DVC APs to PAPs this morning. They were first activated in June so were actual tickets, not vouchers. We were given a refund in the form of a gift card. We were so happy to be allowed to upgrade at all that we never even considered asking for a refund! That was just icing on the cake!
Old 11-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #441
nuzmom
a real Robinhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehavesix View Post
We upgraded our regular DVC APs to PAPs this morning. They were first activated in June so were actual tickets, not vouchers. We were given a refund in the form of a gift card. We were so happy to be allowed to upgrade at all that we never even considered asking for a refund! That was just icing on the cake!
wehavesix - that's great to hear. However, my situation is that we have vouchers for PAP (not APs), so there's not really an "upgrade" just a "refund". Hopefully, since they are upgrading APs and issuing refunds, they will do the same for the PAP.
Past: AKV, Dec '14, AKV - Aug/Sept '13, OKW - Dec '12, AKV - Sept '11, SSR/AKV - Dec '10, AKV/BLT - Sept 09, SSR - Oct 08, SSR - Dec 07, POR, DCL, BWV - Aug/Sept 06, SSR - Dec 05, BWV - Sept 05, OKW - Dec 04, FWCabins - Sept 04 (became DVC member), FWCabins - Sept 99, Contemporary - June 89, Offsite - May 84, Contemporary - Dec 82, DL - 78 [/COLOR]
nuzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #442
kristenrice
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
To the best of my knowledge and belief, any ticket reservation in the system will not be purged until some time after the ticket is issued. Actually, as storage is not expensive, I don't think they ever purge the reservations but will keep them on record showing what booth and terminal, and when, the tickets were actually picked up.
Since our next trip isn't planned until November of 2013, if we bought the PAP's now, would they still "be there" if for some reason our 2013 trip got cancelled? I guess I am just afraid of shelling out the $400/person and then not being able to activate them in time and losing all of it. We are planning two trips, one in November 2013 and one in October 2014 so it would be a huge money-saver for us. With these passes having an "expiration", it adds a large amount of risk if that first trip gets cancelled.

2001 OKW 2002 WL for HONEYMOON!January 2008 POP/OKW October 2008 AKV GIRLS ONLY! June 2009 AKV October 2009 POP with my BFF for my Birthday April 2010 AKV April 2011 HHI Oct 2011 BLT/BWV with DSiL June 2012 GRAND GATHERING at OKW April 2013 HHI November 2013 AKV *1st Half-Marathon*Oct 2014 Surprising the Nieces at AKV May 2015 AKV Expedition Everest Challenge
kristenrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #443
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Again, an open reservation will not be purged. The problem is if you have the open reservation and do not go until 2014, when the offer is dead. My personal thought, based on my experiences in the ticketing system, is that you will still get the $399 (plus tax) value per ticket toward the purchase of a new, higher-priced ticket.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #444
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
Since our next trip isn't planned until November of 2013, if we bought the PAP's now, would they still "be there" if for some reason our 2013 trip got cancelled? I guess I am just afraid of shelling out the $400/person and then not being able to activate them in time and losing all of it. We are planning two trips, one in November 2013 and one in October 2014 so it would be a huge money-saver for us. With these passes having an "expiration", it adds a large amount of risk if that first trip gets cancelled.
I'm considering purchasing 4 vouchers as well and adding a 3 day weekend trip next December with hopes of a Friday night MVMCP, and then a 9-10 trip in the summer of 2014. That would be a big savings for us, and get into the waterparks with the kids for the first time. But not knowing when they will have the MVMCP makes it a risk for me as well. Last year they had a few Friday nights for the party. This year there is/was only the one on Nov. 9th. I could "possibly" make the weekend trip Sat/Sun/Mon and do a Sunday night xmas party if they have it. It just makes grabbing a Standard View studio difficult at 11 months when the MVMCP schedule won't be out yet. I guess I could reserve a few extra nights and change the reservation when the party schedule is released, but I hate to tie up rooms that others want (like walking a reservation).
Old 11-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #445
BnestFab4
Earning My Ears

Where to buy it?

Do you buy this annual pass at the box offices in front of the parks? Thanks.
BnestFab4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #446
Rob S.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
Another apology in advance if this has been answered in thread, did search to no avail.

When i called MS last year to purchase an AP voucher before the price jump (which i haven't redeemed yet and probably won't for yet another year) I was informed i could only use two forms of payment (1 disney gift card and then a credit card for remainder due).

Does anybody know if there is the same restriction now? Need to know if i have to hunt down the elusive $500 disney gift gards (difficult to find in local grocery store with fuel perk program tie-in) or if i can use multiple $100 ones.
The same restriction still applies. I called MS yesterday to try to purchase PAPs using mulitple gift cards. I was told I could only use one gift card and the balance would need to be paid via credit card.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #447
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnestFab4 View Post
Do you buy this annual pass at the box offices in front of the parks? Thanks.
You can purchase at any Guest Services window. This includes GS inside and outside each park's gates, and the two Downtown Disney GS locations.

You cannot do these AP transactions at resort ticket services.

Stupid Judy.
gmi3804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #448
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Anything related to Park tickets can be done at any of the following locations:

Any Park (including Water Parks) ticket booth. This includes the TTC and International Gateway.

Any Guest Relations Office (GRO) outside the parks. This includes the Water Parks, International Gateway, TTC and DTD.

Any GRO inside the Parks.

Guest Services/Concierge in the Resorts; however they cannot do anything related to Annual Passes or Armed Forces Salute tickets or YES tickets. Also if you are asking about remaining entitlements on old tickets they may not be able to give accurate information.

This includes "will-call", upgrading any tickets, replacing any tickets, converting an AP voucher to an AP, or selling an AP.

Anything that can be done related to tickets at a GRO can also be done at a regular ticket window. The ticket windows cannot do things such as make reservations, unscramble problems related to room keys, or handle Lost and Found or Guest Recovery.

At each Park there will always be at least one ticket window and one outside Guest Relations Office open at least 30 minutes prior to the first Guest being allowed into the Park. This takes into consideration both Morning EMH as well as any pre-opening restaurant reservations. Also, the Guest Relations Office will be open for at least 30 minutes after scheduled Park closing (and this takes into account both Evening EMH as well as any after-hours parties).

Old 11-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #449
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S. View Post
The same restriction still applies. I called MS yesterday to try to purchase PAPs using mulitple gift cards. I was told I could only use one gift card and the balance would need to be paid via credit card.
darn it!!! Purchase of new GCs are on my to-do list, will just hold onto the ones i have accumulated.

fyi, for those who shop at Giant Eagle in Pittsburgh/Ohio regions, double fuel perks on gift cards starts Thursday and runs thru 12/12.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #450
maburke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post

Anything that can be done related to tickets at a GRO can also be done at a regular ticket window. The ticket windows cannot do things such as make reservations, unscramble problems related to room keys, or handle Lost and Found or Guest Recovery.
Okay, I've gotta ask: What's Guest Recovery?

1972: Contemporary; 1991: Radisson; 1994: OKW; 2001: BC & Disney Wonder; 2002: BWI; 2003: BCV; 2004: OKW; 2005: BWV; 2006: HHI, GCH@DL; 2007: BWV, GCH@DL; 2008: BCV; 2009: AKV-Kidani/VB & THV; 2010: BLT/BCV; 2011: VGC; 2012:OKW; 2013: VGC; 2014: DLP
maburke is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: