Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #61
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

There are separate directory numbers for all kinds of services at WW, and they definitely do not get you to a generic number off property! I've called security, room service, and mousekeeping, and have talked directly to that department from my room phone. Of course, if you can't get into your room...

Actually, one of those calls (security) was from the pool phone - idiot parents letting kids jump off the life guard tower into 2 feet of water, with a 2 foot pool deck span between the tower and the water Got a guard, who came right down to tell the idiots to stop!
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #62
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie View Post
Huh? There was a time not so long ago when the people who cleaned hotel rooms were called maids.

Is it not their job to CLEAN a room?

I'm honestly not trying to be snarky.

I probably wouldn't complain about a blob of toothpaste if the room is otherwise clean, but dirt from the previous guest is nasty.
I agree with you. of course the mousekeepers are maids. the whole reason their job exists is to clean guest rooms.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 12:06 AM   #63
MegSmethurst
Mouseketeer

I'm not trying to be snarky, but I think OP is right to have expectations. Yes, maybe the mouse keepers heart wasn't in their job, but does that matter? I seriously doubt that every CM shows up to work just grateful to be working there. To some, it's just a job with deadlines, monotonous duties, and sore feet (I can imagine). Sometimes people just don't realize that they have become complacent and they need someone to let them know in a reasonable way...

MegSmethurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:18 AM   #64
clemsongirl6490
Earning My Ears

I think some if this is just getting to be nit picky, I mean come on. When we go I never leave the room a mess, I make sure the clothes are in a bag or back in the suitcase and if my kid spilled something on the counter or floor I would clean it up the best I could. Not getting the towel animals aren't something to get mad about I mean I tip the mousekeeping but they usually just make the stuff animals my kid brings sit in different places. But the one about the puke blankets I would have never made themousekeeping clean them I would have taken 20 minutes or so after the kid fell asleep and walked over to the laundry place and washed them myself
clemsongirl6490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:19 AM   #65
momof3ds
Mouseketeer

You'd seriously waste your own money and time on vacation to wash sheets and blankets that the hotel could easily launder instead?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl6490 View Post
I think some if this is just getting to be nit picky, I mean come on. When we go I never leave the room a mess, I make sure the clothes are in a bag or back in the suitcase and if my kid spilled something on the counter or floor I would clean it up the best I could. Not getting the towel animals aren't something to get mad about I mean I tip the mousekeeping but they usually just make the stuff animals my kid brings sit in different places. But the one about the puke blankets I would have never made themousekeeping clean them I would have taken 20 minutes or so after the kid fell asleep and walked over to the laundry place and washed them myself
momof3ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #66
clemsongirl6490
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE="momof3ds"]You'd seriously waste your own money and time on vacation to wash sheets and blankets that the hotel could easily launder instead?!

If it was my own blankets and towels yes I would take my time to wash them because it is not there responsibility to wash your own stuff. The comment I'm talking about didn't say if it was their own stuff or thehotels, but they said it happened in the park I believe and if that is the case then it was most likely their own stuff so why can you not take 20 minutes after your kids go to bed to wash a load its not like your doing anything special at that time but getting ready to sleep
Old 11-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #67
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl6490 View Post
If it was my own blankets and towels yes I would take my time to wash them because it is not there responsibility to wash your own stuff. The comment I'm talking about didn't say if it was their own stuff or thehotels, but they said it happened in the park I believe and if that is the case then it was most likely their own stuff so why can you not take 20 minutes after your kids go to bed to wash a load its not like your doing anything special at that time but getting ready to sleep
By "my own blankets" do you mean your own from home? Of course people would wash their own things from home. Although it takes significantly longer than 20 minutes to wash a heavy load like towels and blankets. It would likely take more than an hour.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #68
Becca G
Earning My Ears

It's Fair To Expect Clean

I don't think expecting your room to be clean upon check-in is being picky. That is one of the reasons we like to stay on site because we feel we can trust Disney to do things right. Seeing hair and trash from previous guests is gross.

Having said that I always do my best to pick up before we leave and if I see a toothpaste smear I would wash it. I know in the rushed mornings you may have missed it and it certainly shouldn't have been there when you returned.

We tipped $5 for a family of five every day and never once had any cute towels or anything clever done with stuffed animals. Some Mousekeepers are veterans at this and some aren't. We did get a lot of extra soaps and shampoos so we called it even since my kids love to take these home for their bathrooms.

This was unfortunate but I hope you haven't let it ruin your trip.
Becca G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #69
starjazz
Mouseketeer

Some of the so-called Disney defenders, as a PP put it, just sound ridiculous, and I'm truly sorry if thats you, but what the ?!!

This individual may be more picky than you are, but its irrelevant. I could care less if you waste your time cleaning your own room. This holier-than-thou nonsense about "well, its your fault, because I always clean up after my own kids, and so should you" just sounds silly.

As other PP's have also said, if I'm paying a small fortune for the Disney experience, it better darn well not include any leftover dirt/dust/trash or other unsightly mess in my room that is overpriced and undersized save for the fact that it is on Disney property.

And I sure as schmidt wouldn't be tipping this slacker.
starjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #70
clemsongirl6490
Earning My Ears

I wasn't saying that they should clean up after they kids its their choice. I just know from my personal experience that if you make it a little easier on mousekeeping then they do little things for you in return. Dont understand leaving your room a disaster area and expecting the mousekeeping to clean up your stuff they aren't suppose to move your personal belonging around unless its on the bed that they are making up, buy in all honesty I dont know why ppl cant just when you go to bed put your dirty clothes in your bag and when you get up put you pjs in your bag that way its less to clean up on check out day..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: