Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #16
Robbi
DIS Veteran

My daughter and I decorated our sweets tree the other day:
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #17
willowsnn3
Tagless not by choice but by circumstance

I love my white tree!! Bought it about 5yrs ago at an after Christmas sale at Family Dollar for $10.00, lol.
I do white/clear on white. Clear lights (with the white cord), frosted white or clear ornaments in different sizes/shapes. Clear sparkly hanging gems & white/clear snowflakes. I have a white bead type garland and a clear garland. I use the white cotton snow like stuff for the tree skirt. It is so beautiful lit up in a dark room, it just glows. I keep saying every year that I am going to introduce a little color, but just can't bear too. This tree is for me, lol.
My dd has her giant tree in her part of the house & the grandkids have a couple little trees that they decorate in the dining room and basement play room.

Book Challenge Goal 80/72

willowsnn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #18
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
beautiful!
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #19
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Thank-you, Hrhpd
Old 11-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #20
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
Love it - you both did a great job decorating that tree. Thanks for sharing a pic!
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #21
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowsnn3 View Post
I love my white tree!! Bought it about 5yrs ago at an after Christmas sale at Family Dollar for $10.00, lol.
I do white/clear on white. Clear lights (with the white cord), frosted white or clear ornaments in different sizes/shapes. Clear sparkly hanging gems & white/clear snowflakes. I have a white bead type garland and a clear garland. I use the white cotton snow like stuff for the tree skirt. It is so beautiful lit up in a dark room, it just glows. I keep saying every year that I am going to introduce a little color, but just can't bear too. This tree is for me, lol.
My dd has her giant tree in her part of the house & the grandkids have a couple little trees that they decorate in the dining room and basement play room.
Sounds like a very elegant tree, would love to see it!
Old 11-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #22
Cannot_Wait_4Disney
Ok all you A cattle, get in the chute. Moooo. Moooo.
It has a kick. Otherwise, yummy yummy.
Onions rule!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
We have to have artificial tree's. I would love a real one but that isn't possible due to my sons allergies.

I was in Macy's the other day and they had a white tree all decorated in sweets - candy, cupcakes, things like that. I loved the contrast with the white tree. I have been collecting sweets ornaments for years.

I want to get one and wondered if anyone can recommend a brand or tell me where you got one recently. Also considering a snow flocked one. Pre-lit would be great. Thanks
Many stores have white ones. Walmart has em. Target has em. K-Mart has em. Sears has em. The white ones sometimes last until the after Christmas sales, sometimes not. We had one. and we put it right in the window. Big Mistake. The sun turned it brown. On our green tree, we put white lights and white and gold ornaments. All the other color ornaments we have go on the white tree. Well that is when we get another one.
Cannot_Wait_4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #23
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannot_Wait_4Disney View Post
Many stores have white ones. Walmart has em. Target has em. K-Mart has em. Sears has em. The white ones sometimes last until the after Christmas sales, sometimes not. We had one. and we put it right in the window. Big Mistake. The sun turned it brown. On our green tree, we put white lights and white and gold ornaments. All the other color ornaments we have go on the white tree. Well that is when we get another one.
Spent a good part of the day yesterday looking at Walmart, Target, Sears and Loews. After finding the white tree I want on Balsam Hill - nothing else compares. I just have to suck it up and spend the $. I'm hoping they may have a black Friday sale.

Good tip about not putting it in the window!
Old 11-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #24
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Thank-you for the compliment, Jessica.

We got our artificial flocked tree at the local nursery. During the year they of course sell plants but sometime during September it turns into the most gorgeously decorated Christmas shop. If you have a nursery like that in your area, you might want to see if they carry artificial trees.

I wondered if we might need a new tree this year. The one in the picture is probably 6 years old but it was fine. The tree below is the one I was going to order, it's full and the branches would be great for holding heavier or larger ornaments:

http://1000bulbs.com/product/60749/CMSG-A806376.html

Last edited by Robbi; 11-18-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:03 PM   #25
minkydog
DIS Cast Member
hey! I've got two college degrees and a steady job. if I wanna watch mindless TV, so what?
DIS Official Rum Taster
I used to be in the all-natural camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
We have to have artificial tree's. I would love a real one but that isn't possible due to my sons allergies.

I was in Macy's the other day and they had a white tree all decorated in sweets - candy, cupcakes, things like that. I loved the contrast with the white tree. I have been collecting sweets ornaments for years.

I want to get one and wondered if anyone can recommend a brand or tell me where you got one recently. Also considering a snow flocked one. Pre-lit would be great. Thanks
I don't know where to tell you to get one, but we really like ours. I bought mine at Garden Ridge about 7 years ago. It's not one of the prelighted trees, so it has lasted a long time. We just replace a few strings of lights every Christmas.

I have had a couple of different themes with mine. I love to decorate it with white lights, big red cardinals, red shiny beads, red and gold glass balls, candy canes, and red & gold bows (plus some of my vast collection of angel ornaments.)

DD started decorating it herself a few years ago. She used multicolored lights, which kinda makes the tree glow pink. DD put small stuffed toys on the tree, plus our various ornaments. Last year nobody wanted to help me decorate, so rather than drag out all the stuff, I just went to Target and bought some glass balls in bright pink, turquoise, green, orang, and purple. Set on the tree with the multicolored lights, it looked like the Big Rock Candy Mountain.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #26
Shmily1
DIS Veteran

I have a white one with beautiful Mickey ornaments in the bright colors. I bought the tree at Walmart and the ornaments at DTD to mimick the tree they had in there that was huge and white with the same ornaments on it.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #27
ToTLaugher
Just call me sentimental!
I sip and surf

Jessica -
Have you checked Balsam Hill today? They have a Thanksgiving sale going on right now.
ToTLaugher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #28
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTLaugher View Post
Jessica -
Have you checked Balsam Hill today? They have a Thanksgiving sale going on right now.
I just bought this one. So excited - free shipping and no tax!

http://www.balsamhill.com/Mount-Wash...re-p/was-t.htm

You all have been so helpful I really appreciate it.

I will post the tree decorated when it's here and done! Would love to see more from everyone else too!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #29
ToTLaugher
Just call me sentimental!
I sip and surf

Happy to help. Enjoy!
ToTLaugher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #30
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

We had a white Christmas tree for three years and opened it this year -- it had turned tan. Ugh. So disappointing. I'm hesitant to buy another one now because it wasn't cheap and I have to throw it out.

Maybe I'll go with a silver tree. Has anyone ever had a silver tree?
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: