Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #361
mm1971
DIS Veteran
 
mm1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 7,183

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Yeah, you can't really call it dumb when it's a special team formation. Aside from Brady they can't really focus on pulling guys to protect them, especially a 23 year old TE. Stuff happens.



Nice trade for the Celts tix. I went last Weds and watched them against the Jazz. They need some more time to get comfortable with all the new players, especially since Doc seems dead-set on resting Pierce and KG a ton...

Thurs. night's game is in NY... You'd have to blow off the whole day to get there for that one!
Have done it in the past, just not on a holiday. A couple of years ago we went to Miami for a game (seems no on from Miami wants to watch the Fins, we go seats on the 40 for half the cost at Gillette....Sorry CJ). We went to the Buffalo game this season and if all the cards fall right could be planning another road trip before season end, who knows. It's a lot of fun to get a group of guys together and go on a short trip. I'll let you know when another is in the works if your interested.
__________________
(Jim) (W) (DS13) (DD11)
DD# 714



mm1971 is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #362
moose615
DIS Veteran
 
moose615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,227

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971

Picked up the regular Wii Epic Mickey 2 for DD as a Christmas present. I'll either have to wait, find a way to "test" the game or come to your house to play.
Come on over we will thin and paint the town!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971

Good luck with DD and the dentist. Our Dentist put some sealer on the kids teeth and they redo every 3 years until age 16. At that point I guess they figure they are old enough to make good choices all around. We had one small cavity so far that took only a few minutes with no pain med to fix. Whatever the stuff is it works really well because the kids don't brush all that well or consistently. Always have to remind them.
Thank you, I dislike the dentist anyways but I called the dentist and they reassured me the sedation is safe and she will only be groggy for the day unlike the old days when she might of been groggy for a few days
__________________
moose615 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #363
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly
 
RodBelding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mass.
Posts: 6,188

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Have done it in the past, just not on a holiday. A couple of years ago we went to Miami for a game (seems no on from Miami wants to watch the Fins, we go seats on the 40 for half the cost at Gillette....Sorry CJ). We went to the Buffalo game this season and if all the cards fall right could be planning another road trip before season end, who knows. It's a lot of fun to get a group of guys together and go on a short trip. I'll let you know when another is in the works if your interested.
Sounds like a blast, def. let me know!


I did take a trip down to Miami a few years back for a Pats/Fins game, and have to say that the fans there were much nicer to me than I expected (and experienced in NY many times! ) Must be that warm weather and all those beaches that have them so relaxed...
__________________
_______________________________________________
Me (Paul) DW DD DS
RodBelding is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #364
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly
 
RodBelding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mass.
Posts: 6,188

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Come on over we will thin and paint the town!!
Well played.
__________________
_______________________________________________
Me (Paul) DW DD DS
RodBelding is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #365
DisDadDoc
DDC #403
Galactic Hero & Proud Aspie Dad
 
DisDadDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 3,703

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
Well Goodmornig All.... Nemmy I know it is a good morning for you!!!!. So all can see I am here to congratulate my nemmy on his teams win.I would also like to mention as a result of his teams win he has won himself a fresh dole whip in Jan complements of me.Normally I might hope he chokes on that Dole Whip but not this time.I want him to enjoy it right down to the last mouthful..
You're going to be doing nothing but buying Dole Whips...
__________________
Chris DisDad#403
Me DW DS(15) DS(14) DD(12)

As Kid: 1978 & 1980 Polynesian - 1985 Off Property
As Dad: Apr 2006 Nick Hotel - Feb 2007 Nick Hotel -
Dec 2008 GF/Poly - Oct 2009 BLT - May 2010 GF -
June 2010 BWV - April 2011 BLT - Feb 2012 AKL -
Mar 2012 YCR - Jan 2013 OKW - Feb 2013 BLT -
Oct 2013 Contemporary - Mar 2015 GF VC
DisDadDoc is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #366
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,927

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
I have been mostly absent from the boards for a while now.

My office building was severely damaged by Sandy and we were forced to re-locate 75 of us to a temporary office designed to hold 25 people. We actually consider ourselves lucky under the circumstances as some offices will never re-open and so many people lost everything.

Anyway, we are one of the buildings on Water Street in downtown Manhattan that was on the news. There is a parking garage in our building off Water Street and a basement and sub-basement where most of the electrical and mechanical for the building are.

The building is completely dark right now and we won't be back until January, probably. They have temporary generators running one freight elevator for a 40+ story office building that normally holds several thousand workers.

We've been up to our office with flashlights moving the computers and files to the temporary office. We got an e-mail last week from building management saying they finally pumped the water out of the basement and sub-basement - 5 million gallons of the East River. The stench is horrible.

5 maintenance guys from the building were trapped in the basement when the water came in. They were telling us all about it. In 2 minutes, the water went to the ceiling and pushed them through layers of drywall and a steel door. Guys in the lobby lowered an emergency firehose to them and pulled them to safety. They just have some cuts and bruises and were lucky to escape with their lives.
That is terrible Chris. I am glad the maintenance workers got out in time. That sounds like a really scary situation to be in. I'm glad your family is safe.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
Got up early and waited on line outside Target to make sure I got one. Our Wii stopped reading discs and couple of months ago so the kids (and Dad) were forced to get by only on digital downloads. Thank goodness the kids were patient and knew that Santa would get them the new Wii U. The least I could do to reward their patience was to wait on line to make sure I got one.
I was trying to figure out if I should buy a few Wii U's for my business... I just need a way to tether the controllers so they don't 'walk away'. I'm not sure how I would pull that off though.
that's nice is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #367
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,927

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
OK folks… I had a little bit of time to put together the stats from the last thread.
There have been a few interesting changes.













Thanks for keeping the stats updated Rob.

And would you look at that... I passed Barry in the total post count. Kiss my dust Barry!!!!
that's nice is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #368
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,927

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDadDoc View Post
You're going to be doing nothing but buying Dole Whips...
And Yuengling!
that's nice is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #370
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind
 
ClearScreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chappaqua, NY
Posts: 1,251

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
That is terrible Chris. I am glad the maintenance workers got out in time. That sounds like a really scary situation to be in. I'm glad your family is safe.




I was trying to figure out if I should buy a few Wii U's for my business... I just need a way to tether the controllers so they don't 'walk away'. I'm not sure how I would pull that off though.
Thanks Tim. How did you guys make out??

Those controllers are big $$. You can't even buy them separately right now without buying a whole new system.
__________________
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
ClearScreen is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #371
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,927

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
Thanks Tim. How did you guys make out??
In a 15-20 mile radius around my town faired really well. We had some flickering lights on Monday night, but we never lost power. I knew we wouldn't lose it though, I bought a generator a few days before the storm.

Quote:
Those controllers are big $$. You can't even buy them separately right now without buying a whole new system.
OUCH! I wouldn't need them till May but I'm not sure if I will be able to. I can't leave those controllers laying around.
that's nice is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #372
mm1971
DIS Veteran
 
mm1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 7,183

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
In a 15-20 mile radius around my town faired really well. We had some flickering lights on Monday night, but we never lost power. I knew we wouldn't lose it though, I bought a generator a few days before the storm.


OUCH! I wouldn't need them till May but I'm not sure if I will be able to. I can't leave those controllers laying around.
They had the controllers attached with a screw at Gamestop. May want to wander in and see if they did something similar in your area. They had it attached to the display/wall with a thin metal wire. You could always put an inscription or lettering somewhere that reads "property of". I know it would deter some, but as Jack always says, "you can count on dishonest people to be dishonest".
__________________
(Jim) (W) (DS13) (DD11)
DD# 714



mm1971 is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #373
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,927

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
They had the controllers attached with a screw at Gamestop. May want to wander in and see if they did something similar in your area. They had it attached to the display/wall with a thin metal wire. You could always put an inscription or lettering somewhere that reads "property of". I know it would deter some, but as Jack always says, "you can count on dishonest people to be dishonest".
I tried to get the plastic covers they have at gamestop for the PS3 controllers. After spending 4 hours calling Sony, distributors, & the game reps who make the displays, I got nowhere. I gave up and just bought wired aftermarket PS3 controllers.

The problem with putting 'property of' on the controllers is that we have 10 gaming setups at an outing resort from about May 10th-June 20th. Each day there is 1800-2400 high school and middle school kids there. We do have someone there watching the games though out the day but they have to be tethered down.

I will goto gamestop and check out how they have them tethered though.
that's nice is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #374
mm1971
DIS Veteran
 
mm1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 7,183

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Sounds like a blast, def. let me know!


I did take a trip down to Miami a few years back for a Pats/Fins game, and have to say that the fans there were much nicer to me than I expected (and experienced in NY many times! ) Must be that warm weather and all those beaches that have them so relaxed...
The only place better may be a baseball game at Camden Yards in Baltimore. There are usually more Boston fans than Baltimore fans. I think they are just happy someone is showing up and spending $$.

However, if the Red Sox keep playing the way they did last year that may change and no one will be at the games in either stadium.
__________________
(Jim) (W) (DS13) (DD11)
DD# 714



mm1971 is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #375
mm1971
DIS Veteran
 
mm1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 7,183

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I tried to get the plastic covers they have at gamestop for the PS3 controllers. After spending 4 hours calling Sony, distributors, & the game reps who make the displays, I got nowhere. I gave up and just bought wired aftermarket PS3 controllers.

The problem with putting 'property of' on the controllers is that we have 10 gaming setups at an outing resort from about May 10th-June 20th. Each day there is 1800-2400 high school and middle school kids there. We do have someone there watching the games though out the day but they have to be tethered down.

I will goto gamestop and check out how they have them tethered though.
Good luck. I would think after having that many kids they may not make it through. That's a lot of game play and abuse I'm sure.
__________________
(Jim) (W) (DS13) (DD11)
DD# 714



mm1971 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, cake, ddcc, dole whips, men



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.