Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #346
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Morning guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Good Morning All!

You guys were busy posting this weekend. Off to read the pages for a while. Sorry to all those from Indiana. Pats put up 59! and sailed to the victory. Looks like we may have a good chance to meet again is the playoffs though.
Great game, were you there? Not too happy about Gronk breaking his forearm though...
Old 11-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #347
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
I am only about an hour or so away from playing epic Mickey 2 on the wii u, sorry that's not major news I'm just excited that the day I've been waiting for for 3 years is finally here, good morning fellow dads , I hope everyone is doing good, saw something about rifles and wives, never a good combo lol
Picked up the regular Wii Epic Mickey 2 for DD as a Christmas present. I'll either have to wait, find a way to "test" the game or come to your house to play.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #348
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
OK folks… I had a little bit of time to put together the stats from the last thread.
There have been a few interesting changes.
My nemesis is #1, that just makes my Monday

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 7/12/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 11-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #349
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
Got up early and waited on line outside Target to make sure I got one. Our Wii stopped reading discs and couple of months ago so the kids (and Dad) were forced to get by only on digital downloads. Thank goodness the kids were patient and knew that Santa would get them the new Wii U. The least I could do to reward their patience was to wait on line to make sure I got one.

Well, what a zoo that turned out to be. Really brought out the worst in the people yelling at the store personnel and each other. I was on line with a few moms I know from the kids' school. We were absolutely disgusted with the behavior of some people. While most everyone marched relatively orderly when the store opened, one guy in the back ran ahead of everyone to get online first. He then ordered six units. Everyone thought other people in front of them were going to order multiples and they would be shut out. There was no store manager to keep order and chaos ensued.

I nicely took a worker aside and asked him if there were more in the back - I had a feeling there were. I was right. They had dozens of units. So while everyone was complaining, a few workers went in the back and brought out cases of them. Everyone who waited outside got everything they wanted and there was much rejoicing.

So I will have some happy children come Christmas morning. Oh, and Dad got Assassin's Creed 3 and Madden. Hey - it's Christmas for me too!!
We are getting PS3 instead of the new Wii, will use the old one. Got Assassin's Creed for me as well while shopping. DD still loves the old Wii, DS wanted to get the PS3 as there are exclusive games for that he wants to play. Have fun!

Old 11-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #350
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
Exactly. Ours would have to run off a large propane tank, because we have no natural gas connection. I've lost power for a week three times in the last year.

I may wait also. These guys have been jacking up the prices because they are in such demand around me. Friends have been getting quotes over $20,000.

I just bought a small portable that runs on gasoline. That should get me by until the spring when the prices will come down to a more reasonable level.
$20K. I'd wait as well. That sounds like someone is taking advantage of the situation. A smaller portable one is probable the best way go to save money. Only negative is you have to have the gas on hand and keep going out to fill it.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #351
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousey View Post
post and counting, I know small compared to most but I will take it.
I recently passed the 700 mark and will happily send along congratulations! i had to make the run at the end of the last thread to get there.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #352
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Good morning fellow dads 20 hour work week this week, don't think I have ever had one of those, well never mind I had a 16 hour work week last month to go to WDW looking forward to Thursday, not looking forward to tomorrow, DD has her first major dental work in the morning, she can't eat or drink anything till after midnight so the mornings going to be fun

Hope everyone is doing well
Good luck with DD and the dentist. Our Dentist put some sealer on the kids teeth and they redo every 3 years until age 16. At that point I guess they figure they are old enough to make good choices all around. We had one small cavity so far that took only a few minutes with no pain med to fix. Whatever the stuff is it works really well because the kids don't brush all that well or consistently. Always have to remind them.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #353
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Hey Andy (afwdwfan) and Ben (BenA81)!

Sorry I'm late.
Happy Birthday Guys and Amelia!

Last edited by mm1971; 11-19-2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Add
Old 11-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #354
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Morning Gentlemen. Happy Birthday Andy and Ben.

Yesterday when I got home from work the wife had a honey do list waiting for me. At the bottom she said if I got it done and felt like it to go play 18. I tore through that list and got out to the course just in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL View Post
Hey now. They are more than nine words.
That was 8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Anyone here done away with a PC and gone strictly tablet?
Not yet. I need a PC to play Civilization V.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL View Post
No I said I don't know how to do it.
And hey, if had a post count like norm, then I'd be post padding. Not that norm is. Or Brian.
Norm doesn't post pad. He lives here.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 11-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #355
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Pretty dumb move leaving Gronk in the game only to get hurt on an extra point. I hear he is out for a few weeks.
They said 4-6 weeks for it to fully heal. I heard on the sports shows this weekend that because you only have around 20-22 offensive guys dressed, most times the starters end up having to play even in lopsided games. I do agree with you that he probably should not have been in there. It is a freak thing though.

The good news is that Hernandez should be back for Thursday's game against the Jets so at least we have the receiving boost to help out.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #356
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Morning guys.

Great game, were you there? Not too happy about Gronk breaking his forearm though...
Yes, it was good to see the defense finally get some breaks. They still scare me. I was not there yesterday due to having way too much to do with the holidays coming up. I actually traded the game a few weeks ago with a friend that has Celts season tickets. I got 2 tickets to 2 games from him so I can take DS as he loves hoops. Works out in my favor in the end. Also missing the turkey day game on Thursday as my DM would have me drawn and quartered if i blew of dinner to be at a game.

Not happy about Gronk either. At least he'll be back for the playoffs.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #357
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Happy Birthday Andy & Ben!!
Quote:
Happy Birthday Guys and Amelia!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Morning Gentlemen. Happy Birthday Andy and Ben.
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Yesterday when I got home from work the wife had a honey do list waiting for me. At the bottom she said if I got it done and felt like it to go play 18. I tore through that list and got out to the course just in time.
You should have decided to make this the time that you switch things up and start from the bottom of the list and work your way up.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #358
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
My nemesis is #1, that just makes my Monday
I think someone would have to set up a computer program to send a post every 2.6 minutes automatically to catch him.

There's aways this new thread to start the chase!

Old 11-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #359
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Pretty dumb move leaving Gronk in the game only to get hurt on an extra point. I hear he is out for a few weeks.
Quote:
They said 4-6 weeks for it to fully heal. I heard on the sports shows this weekend that because you only have around 20-22 offensive guys dressed, most times the starters end up having to play even in lopsided games. I do agree with you that he probably should not have been in there. It is a freak thing though.

The good news is that Hernandez should be back for Thursday's game against the Jets so at least we have the receiving boost to help out.
Yeah, you can't really call it dumb when it's a special team formation. Aside from Brady they can't really focus on pulling guys to protect them, especially a 23 year old TE. Stuff happens.

Quote:
Yes, it was good to see the defense finally get some breaks. They still scare me. I was not there yesterday due to having way too much to do with the holidays coming up. I actually traded the game a few weeks ago with a friend that has Celts season tickets. I got 2 tickets to 2 games from him so I can take DS as he loves hoops. Works out in my favor in the end. Also missing the turkey day game on Thursday as my DM would have me drawn and quartered if i blew of dinner to be at a game.

Not happy about Gronk either. At least he'll be back for the playoffs.
Nice trade for the Celts tix. I went last Weds and watched them against the Jazz. They need some more time to get comfortable with all the new players, especially since Doc seems dead-set on resting Pierce and KG a ton...

Thurs. night's game is in NY... You'd have to blow off the whole day to get there for that one!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #360
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971

I think someone would have to set up a computer program to send a post every 2.6 minutes automatically to catch him.

There's aways this new thread to start the chase!
There is hope that he hurts his texting finger, lol

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 7/12/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, cake, ddcc, dole whips, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: