Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #3496
abby
Abby's Mom

Two weeks from today we are off. I can't wait and all of these great picutes are getting me really excited. So all I have to do is, have house guests for 4 days this week, cook turkey dinner for 12, work the next two weeks, pack, and not kill my DH and DD 12 who are aren't showing any excitment for this trip at all....
Note to self, when feeling stressed, look at the christmas superthread and feel better.....

DH and Abby 12,

December 2008, PP Concierge December 2007
HOJO October 2006, DLH January 2006, DLH April 2005
Old 11-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #3497
tanyaewa
Just can't get enough!

Two weeks from today it will be over! Planning for 8 months.... And arriving in 10 days.
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #3498
disneymom0104
DIS Veteran

12 days until we leave

3 weeks and we will be back home
Sept. 2008- Pop Century 11 days
Sept. 2010- Carribean Beach 12 days
Oct. 2011- Free Dining at Paradise Pier at DL! 6 days
Dec. 2012- DL- Hojo Kids Suite 7 days
Old 11-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #3499
papamouse1
Papa Moo Moo Boo Boo

It was a little chilly today, but never really needed a jacket. Looks like next few days get better.

1999-2005 yearly DLC trips - various non-Disney hotels 2006 - DLC - Paradise Pier Hotel *Joined DVC! 2007 - Disney Cruise & WDW for our 20th wedding anniversary 2008 - DLC - Grand Californian 2009 - WDW- Old Key West & Animal Kingdom-Kidani 2010 - WDW- Beach Club & Animal Kingdom 2011 - Disney Cruise - the new Disney Dream & Holidays @ WDW! BCV & AKV Concierge April 2012 - MR Anniversary Cruise Nov 2012 - DLC to see Holidays & "WoC" May 2013 - Aulani! Aug2013 WDW & Universal Studios March 2013 Travel Agent AEP DCL/WDW
Old 11-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #3500
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted

Talking

So I was looking through Sherry's wonderful page #1 and noticed she still had the number listed for the candy kitchen up there (714-781-0112 so you don't have to back looking for it ) and I thought I would call them up to see what is in store for us this next week. They get to November 23rd and guess what!?!?!?!?!

They are making CANDY CANES NOVEMBER 23rd!!!!! Sorry I couldn't help making you scroll down.
So those of you who are headed there for Thanksgiving weekend will be able to scout them out! Let's not tell anyone though, ok??? We are headed down the next weekend and would really like to not have too many people in line ahead of us, ok? Deal everyone?
Enjoy!!!
Sue
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
Old 11-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #3501
papamouse1
Papa Moo Moo Boo Boo

Sitting here waiting for fireworks to start!

1999-2005 yearly DLC trips - various non-Disney hotels 2006 - DLC - Paradise Pier Hotel *Joined DVC! 2007 - Disney Cruise & WDW for our 20th wedding anniversary 2008 - DLC - Grand Californian 2009 - WDW- Old Key West & Animal Kingdom-Kidani 2010 - WDW- Beach Club & Animal Kingdom 2011 - Disney Cruise - the new Disney Dream & Holidays @ WDW! BCV & AKV Concierge April 2012 - MR Anniversary Cruise Nov 2012 - DLC to see Holidays & "WoC" May 2013 - Aulani! Aug2013 WDW & Universal Studios March 2013 Travel Agent AEP DCL/WDW
Old 11-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #3502
Dobby
27 years is too long to wait for Disney

So excited about seeing Disneyland at Christmas!! We fly out in 6 more days! THanks for all the pictures to get me in the festive mood.
WDW Commando #139
Old 11-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #3503
Bex258
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post

Bex258 -

Welcome! I'm so glad you're enjoying the thread. We have a lot of great people here who contribute important information, breaking news items and wonderful photos!

From what I can tell, I think the plan looks realistic. It looks as if you are making the most of your time and trying to plan everything out in a logical way. Heading to Fantasyland during the MM hour is a good idea, and Toon Town does get crowded pretty fast - this is true!

It will be crowded, this is true - unless it rains, that is, in which case it won't be - but it sounds like you are expecting that, so it won't be a shock.
Thank you

I have thought of two more questions since I started my planning. I've decided to do the photo pass plus as I think its just me in Disney (not sure if my friend will be working on the days I plan to go) hopefully as I don't leave until 28th (Dec) that should get to me in time (shipping to the UK unless they email it?). As I plan to go to DCA first I'm going to Radiator Springs first. Where do I collect the photo pass plus stuff from? As I would like the photo from this ride, unless I can go on the ride, take down the number for the photo then go and get the pass and get the photo added later?

My second question, more of a Christmas-y one. I think I'll be adding a night at the DLH (I saw the photos of the referb and I have to go) which will make the magic morning the next day so much easier. Anyway, I'd probably be there the night of Jan 2nd. When do they take down the Christmas decorations in the hotels? It would be awesome if I got to see them too.
First visit to Disneyland Jan 2013

Last edited by Bex258; 11-19-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #3504
macleod1979
Mouseketeer

I am curious about when they take them down also.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #3505
sweettea
Earning My Ears

so excited! & questions

so after months of lurking I finally joined disboards... hi everyone!

30 Days until my boyfriend and I leave for our trip! We will be at DL/DCA from noon on the 19th til the night of the 23rd - 5 days! I've only done 3 day trips during the summer but with the craziness that is the holidays it looks like we will need the extra time! I am so excited!!

I have some questions specific to this time of year, but if there is a better place for me to post them please let me know! Sorry if I mess up !

- I can walk, but not for more than 15 minutes without a LOT of pain, so I will be in our wheelchair while there (darling boyfriend will be pushing me around). Has anyone had trouble navigating DCA/DL in a wheelchair with the crazy crowds? Is there wheelchair seating for all the shows (Parade, Fantasmic, Fireworks)?

-Are fast-passes worth getting if you are in a wheelchair? The time I went they usually made us go around through the exit where the line was shorter anyway. I'm still confused about how there are fast passes for the shows and how wheelchairs work there, lol

-Should/can we make restaurant reservations now ? For Napa Rose, Blue Bayou, and maybe Trader Sams and the Rainforest Cafe? Last time I was there we just walked in but I have NO idea how it works with all these crowds!

-Has anyone driven from the Bay Area to Anahiem? Boyfriend and I will be stopping often to switch drivers and I'm wondering if there is anything neat/delicious on the way there that we should see!

Really crossing my fingers for good weather and good vibes! I looove seasonal stuff, and I am so glad my boyfriend rekindled my love for disney! (As a sociology major I was pretty skeptical, lol). Stoked to eat everything with gingerbread or peppermint in it!

I've read all the pages of this thread and they are REALLY helpful, thank you everyone who is contributing! You rock
Old 11-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #3506
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Hello and Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettea View Post
Has anyone had trouble navigating DCA/DL in a wheelchair with the crazy crowds? Is there wheelchair seating for all the shows (Parade, Fantasmic, Fireworks)?
I haven't been in a wheel chair or pushed someone around DLR in one, but based on what I've seen, you'll need to be patient and cautious. When there are a lot of people, it's going to be slow moving.

Quote:
-Should/can we make restaurant reservations now ? For Napa Rose, Blue Bayou, and maybe Trader Sams and the Rainforest Cafe? Last time I was there we just walked in but I have NO idea how it works with all these crowds!
I would definitely try to make one for Blue Bayou if you want to eat there.

Quote:
-Has anyone driven from the Bay Area to Anahiem? Boyfriend and I will be stopping often to switch drivers and I'm wondering if there is anything neat/delicious on the way there that we should see!
I've stopped at Harris Ranch and that has a pretty good resturant and clean rest rooms.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #3507
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

So where is Santa making appearances this year? I saw in some pictures that it looks like he is in a shop on Buena Vista Street in DCA, where else is he going to be- at any hotels? Is he still dong the cabin in Big Thunder Ranch? Any opinions on which spots make the best photo op this year?

If anyone has gone recently and has some pictures with Santa I would love to see them!

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #3508
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bex258 View Post
Thank you

I have thought of two more questions since I started my planning. I've decided to do the photo pass plus as I think its just me in Disney (not sure if my friend will be working on the days I plan to go) hopefully as I don't leave until 28th (Dec) that should get to me in time (shipping to the UK unless they email it?). As I plan to go to DCA first I'm going to Radiator Springs first. Where do I collect the photo pass plus stuff from? As I would like the photo from this ride, unless I can go on the ride, take down the number for the photo then go and get the pass and get the photo added later?

My second question, more of a Christmas-y one. I think I'll be adding a night at the DLH (I saw the photos of the referb and I have to go) which will make the magic morning the next day so much easier. Anyway, I'd probably be there the night of Jan 2nd. When do they take down the Christmas decorations in the hotels? It would be awesome if I got to see them too.
From personal experience I know WDW ship photo pass CDs to the UK, so I don't imagine DCA will be any different.

I believe they start taking decorations down around the 6th January so you should be fine for seeing them.

Celestine

12 night Baltic July 2015
7 night repo Dover - Barcelona August 2015

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #3509
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY4ever View Post
So where is Santa making appearances this year? I saw in some pictures that it looks like he is in a shop on Buena Vista Street in DCA, where else is he going to be- at any hotels? Is he still dong the cabin in Big Thunder Ranch? Any opinions on which spots make the best photo op this year?

If anyone has gone recently and has some pictures with Santa I would love to see them!
Santa is at Elias & Co on Buena Vista Street and he also makes an appearance in Jingle Jangle Jamboree back by Big Thunder Ranch. I have yet to hear about him in the hotels, but I'll post pictures up when I'm able!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #3510
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

And now...the rest of the parade photos!

After the princesses, came Chip and Dale in their car! This was one of the floats that was kind of "hit or miss" depends on where you were located. They would drive some amount, they hop out of the car, play around, then hop back in and drive some more. So if you were located where they were stopped it was great...if they drove past you, not so much.

Then it was time for Woody!

He was followed by Geppetto and Pinocchio. They were making and wrapping toys.

Then came Buzz Lightyear and the Little Green Aliens.

And then the Seven Dwarves!

Next up was another tree!

Which was followed by dancing reindeer! They were very cute.

Finally, Santa came by on his float. Like Mrs. Claus he was "talking" to audience.

I really liked the little snow bunnies that were popping up from his float.

Well, that's it for my parade photos! Hope you all enjoyed them and Happy (early) Holidays!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: