Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #19
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
This is a common misconception about those buses - they're NOT a way to get around. At all.

They're just a way to sit in traffic and pay a lot of money to do so, honestly. If you're not up for walking, for sure take cabs or the train or buses, but try the regular City buses, not the tour buse. You'll just stand at stops forever waiting for them (and then I've heard people say they come by but are too crowded so they have to stand and wait and wait and wait for another) and then sit in traffic some more on them.

Get metrocards and hit the regular buses and trains, you'll get everyplace you want to go, and much faster.

Also, if you want to have like a 'tour', do something like take a bus to a farther destination, like take a bus to get the Ferry, or take the bus up to Ft. Tryon Park and go to the Cloisters (great, Medieval things museum up in a lovely park at the top tip of Manhattan). Or take a bus up one ave, go crosstown on another bus across the Park and then take another back down - transfers are free in general and those buses come often and have their own lanes and such. Still longer than it'd be on the train but faster than the tour things and way cheaper.
The metrocards will work on both buses and trains? I assume the maps will be at the stops, correct? I will make DH look into that tomorrow when we arrive. The things right around TS will not be an issue. We were just thinking about the things farther away.
Thank you! Your information has been extremely helpful!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: