Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 12:46 AM   #256
jtiggerb
Mouseketeer

Sorry I jinxed us

Sorry that I jinxed all of us with comment... I will try to post a few more times to break the jinx. I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving planned.... and maybe a few of you are heading out for Black Friday.

Also Mama- did my message go thru to you... otherwise

you can just email me at justin.bronn@comcast.net

justin
Old 11-19-2012, 12:47 AM   #257
jtiggerb
Mouseketeer

ooh yeah

we made it to page 18... yeah us.
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 08:19 AM   #258
ravensilverlight
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamprfct View Post
Also for the FE veterans--what happens if someone upgrades at port, or like me doesnt have a room assignment until after? I can see how meeting up the first day would be beneficial here-
If anyone upgrades at the port, or gets a last-minute change/assignment for any other reason, you can just let me know - either call my stateroom or drop by and leave a note on the board - "FE room 7626 --> 8030" ( I WISH!!!). Then I will take care of letting everyone else know. I will note it on the board (just as above, so that no one besides those who know what FE is will understand it) and also call each room participating - or, now that we have the wave phones, texting if that would be more convenient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenna D View Post
SO excited....finished most of my FE and only have a few more things to get done.....we are under the 2 week mark!!!! The excitement is building!! we are already talking about going on our next Disney cruise and haven't even started this one yet. Cant wait to meet everyone...I feel like I know you all already cause I have been reading your names for a month on my gift list!! Have a great evening...sweat Disney dreams!!!
I am so sorry, in advance, Brenna, but I just came off shift at work and read this. I notice strange things when I'm tired..."SWEAT Disney dreams"... I couldn't help but laugh at "sweat" instead of "sweet", particularly because we now leave in 9 days (all 9 of which I work) and I have gifts to finish and all my packing to do...so I really AM sweating it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtiggerb View Post
I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving planned.... and maybe a few of you are heading out for Black Friday.
I hope everyone does too! Be safe and enjoy your families on Thanksgiving, and be even safer if you're venturing out for the madness. You DON'T want to see someone like me on your travels!!!

Disney Wonder, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 * Disney Magic, 2011 * Disney Dream, 2013
ravensilverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #259
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamprfct View Post
Ok so 14 days out and no room assignment yet-
I was told two week before, but there was always the possibility of not getting one up until the day of checking in (I hope that doesnt happen)---
I will let everyone know as soon as I get it.

Also for the FE veterans--what happens if someone upgrades at port, or like me doesnt have a room assignment until after? I can see how meeting up the first day would be beneficial here-

On the upside Im super excited to give out all of our gifts!!!
This answer will help me too, especially if you don't get it by Friday. After that I will be down to my iPad and have fun. You guys might not hear from me for awhile or never . Perhaps we can have a updated list by then that I can print out with blanks so at least i can fill in what is missing since I will not have a printer, plus the meeting info if you could spare a moment Jenn that would be so helpful for me ::Jenn::

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenna D View Post
SO excited....finished most of my FE and only have a few more things to get done.....we are under the 2 week mark!!!! The excitement is building!! we are already talking about going on our next Disney cruise and haven't even started this one yet. Cant wait to meet everyone...I feel like I know you all already cause I have been reading your names for a month on my gift list!! Have a great evening...sweat Disney dreams!!!

I know how you feel. Finished all my gifts yesterday and packed. Thank Mickey I packed early it took me ALL DAY! First I laid out all my stuff, then went shopping for missing items, then came home to pack. I got done at 8PM... I started at 10AM I did stop for dinner, but still. I think I packed more for this trip then I did for my 6-week trip to Asia last year. I don't even have room for all my return souvenirs

I can't wait to meet everyone too! It will be nice to have a face with the name/screen name
DISNEYaddict4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #260
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensilverlight View Post
If anyone upgrades at the port, or gets a last-minute change/assignment for any other reason, you can just let me know - either call my stateroom or drop by and leave a note on the board - "FE room 7626 --> 8030" ( I WISH!!!). Then I will take care of letting everyone else know. I will note it on the board (just as above, so that no one besides those who know what FE is will understand it) and also call each room participating - or, now that we have the wave phones, texting if that would be more convenient!

I am so sorry, in advance, Brenna, but I just came off shift at work and read this. I notice strange things when I'm tired..."SWEAT Disney dreams"... I couldn't help but laugh at "sweat" instead of "sweet", particularly because we now leave in 9 days (all 9 of which I work) and I have gifts to finish and all my packing to do...so I really AM sweating it!

I hope everyone does too! Be safe and enjoy your families on Thanksgiving, and be even safer if you're venturing out for the madness. You DON'T want to see someone like me on your travels!!!
again guess I should have waited... but the answer works great for me LOL all I have to do it go out my door and check the message board

Sdaly did not notice the word "sweat" how funny, that is something I would have typed. I only got an A in school because my friend proofed all of my papers We are in this together Brenna
Old 11-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #261
DISNEYaddict4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensilverlight View Post
You DON'T want to see someone like me on your travels!!!
wait a minute... are you a fire-women?? or were you just referencing the icon for fun
Old 11-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #262
DISNEYaddict4evr

Quote:
we made it to page 18... yeah us.
I wonder if I keep posting I can get us to page 19 before I have to get ready for work
Old 11-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #263
DISNEYaddict4evr

nope
Old 11-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #264
ptkreuser
Earning My Ears

I was hoping we could get an updated list at our first gathering on the 3rd. I didn't plan on giving out our FE's until we were in Cabo. Izzat OK?? I'm not breaking any rules? This is our first go at an FE, and I'm not all that sure of what's expected of us.

But, I've got all the necessities; Minnie bag, Minnie glove, and a song in my heart!! LOL

Vada
ptkreuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #265
jtiggerb
Mouseketeer

it continues

well we are well on our way to page 19... I couldn't believe there had been so much since I left for work this morning. So proud of you guys being done with your FE's... kinda of envious of that position... but oh well... some are still coming in the mail and then I have several things I still have to do on our computer before we leave. But I hope you enjoy them all.

Was "wonder"ing if we were going to put out an updated final list including our new members so I could print it off and have everything in one place... If not I'm sure I can put something together for myself.

Well I'm excited to see Wreck it Ralph in the on board theater... any body seen it in the theater or have you just been waiting to see it on the boat like myself. I may also have to slip out to see Lincoln as well.

Side note for myself... only ten more sleeps until we leave for the "land" Tigger and friends here I come.

Justin
Old 11-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #266
jtiggerb
Mouseketeer

FE gifts

I think everyone is different... I have a large gift plus several smaller gifts to give out through the trip. Including one that is really for once you get home... I'm sure you will all figure that one out when you get it.

But as far as I know there isn't really any set number or amount.

I just know its the time of giving and I'm going to be around two of my favorite things... my family and disney.

And can't forget footbal... football games on the boat

Last edited by jtiggerb; 11-19-2012 at 12:34 PM. Reason: for got a line
jtiggerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #267
dreamprfct
Earning My Ears

Yes!!

Got our room assignment!!

now im really excited--I sent it away via PM!
dreamprfct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #268
jtiggerb
Mouseketeer

Yeah

Sorry you had to wait so long... So did they mention if the boat is really full and that was the reason you had to wait so long?

Justin
Old 11-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #269
dreamprfct
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Sorry you had to wait so long... So did they mention if the boat is really full and that was the reason you had to wait so long?

Justin
no reason--I was told two weeks out--today is 13 days, so I suppose that is close!
dreamprfct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #270
MamaNeedsCoffee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Sorry that I jinxed all of us with comment... I will try to post a few more times to break the jinx. I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving planned.... and maybe a few of you are heading out for Black Friday.

Also Mama- did my message go thru to you... otherwise

justin
I didn't get your message but someone else was nice enough to forward it to me.
I haven't even started our FEs yet
I have two online classes I'm taking right now and trying to work ahead so I can turn in the stuff that's due while we're on the cruise plus I have classroom observation hours I have to finish, AND I'm hosting Thanksgiving for the first time ever and our only guests are vegan.
I'm running on coffee and pure determination. Oh and we're going to Vegas this weekend (bad planning on my part) I may miss the meetup because I plan on finding a lounge chair and possibly not waking up until dinner
MamaNeedsCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: