Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #16
MMrules
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravemouse View Post
I was thinking of going there, my mother loves anything that has to do with Africa! What is rent points?
You can go to the Disney Vacation Club part of these forums and go through Dave's rentals to rent the points. They also sometimes have points available through the timeshare store which can also be found under DVC on this site. basically you are renting timeshare points that a member isn't using. They will have to book the room for you so it will be out of your control at that point, but you can work with them to plan your days and rental. The villas at Animal Kingdom lodge and Wilderness lodge are my favorite b/c they are very comfortable, cozy and relaxing at night for some wonderful downtime. Depending on the time of year, the fireplaces are heavenly. A 2 BR suite would be a lot of points, but 2 studios would be much cheaper. Studios have a queen sized bed and a pull out sofa which I have slept on and are comfortable. Also nice to close for the extra space. The studios have a mini fridge and microwave so some small meals could be cooked in the room to save money. If you know the exact date you want to go and can book 11 months out in advance you may be able to get a value studio which is even less points and therefore will cost you less money. Your sister will love whereever she gets to stay because she is at Disney. Just tell her the AoA was booked and you couldn't get in. She will never know.
I highly recommend one of the lodges....I own at AKV and fell in love my first visit there

97-CBR, 98-CBR, 03-BC,04-DCL, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, 09-CBR, 11-WL (solo trip) BCV (1st DVC member trip) AKV, 12-WL, BCV, BWV 13-BWV 14-VWL

MMrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:10 AM   #17
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

Do you know where in the forum you can find renting points? I could only find buying into DVC which isn't what I want to do right now. Never mind, I found it. I don't know how I missed this the first time I looked.

chemnerd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 08:36 AM   #18
MMrules
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemnerd09 View Post
Do you know where in the forum you can find renting points? I could only find buying into DVC which isn't what I want to do right now. Never mind, I found it. I don't know how I missed this the first time I looked.
Looks like you will be at the Boardwalk right after I leave! I have DVC so never rented points but have heard that Dave's rentals are very trustworthy. DO not rent them off of Ebay, Craig's list or privately...most of the time they are scams! I have read about folks renting them and then not having any vacation at all .

97-CBR, 98-CBR, 03-BC,04-DCL, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, 09-CBR, 11-WL (solo trip) BCV (1st DVC member trip) AKV, 12-WL, BCV, BWV 13-BWV 14-VWL

MMrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #19
butsy113
AKV Owner

I would check with renting through David's DVC Rentals. AKV looks like it would fit what your mom would like and Kidani Village's pool is rated 2nd on property behind SAB at the BC. If you get a dedicated 2 bedroom you will have a master bedroom (king bed), master bath, living/dining area (full and single pull outs), kitchen (can have food delivered to save money by cooking and snacking in villa), washer and dryer, 2nd bedroom (2 queens), and 2 more bedrooms.

If your mom needs to be able to get away this set up would be perfect. You're all together but she would have a private bedroom and bathroom. The kitchen could be a big help in saving money for your family. Also for the 4 siblings having the 2 bathrooms to split would be very convenient.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #20
butsy113
AKV Owner

BTW, you can go on you tube and search for the resorts. There are videos of resort tours. You can even see the rooms.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #21
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Going thru David's DVC rentals is a good suggestion, they are trustworthy. I agree with staying away from private rentals. Too risky.

Or getting 2 rooms at a value or moderate resort. You can request a king room for the folks.

I like looking at the resort pics on all ears.net.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #22
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMrules View Post
Looks like you will be at the Boardwalk right after I leave! I have DVC so never rented points but have heard that Dave's rentals are very trustworthy. DO not rent them off of Ebay, Craig's list or privately...most of the time they are scams! I have read about folks renting them and then not having any vacation at all .
I've also heard good things about Dave's rentals. My mom has a friend from work who we've been using for the last few trips. Its been great because he lets us pay in installments which makes things easier.

chemnerd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #23
Singinglizzie
DIS Veteran

Why don't you all consider two rooms at POR - in the Royal rooms. This would make your sister happy plus give your parents a room of their own. I would def compare rates, before going through Davids. Best of luck with whatever you decide!
Old 11-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #24
JeanfromBNA
"Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!"

Honestly, I don't find the beds at WDW all that comfortable. They're not terrible, but they're not comfy, either. I always thought that was deliberate so that you get out of bed and get to the parks where you ought to be (spending money).

The Swan and Dolphin feature the Westin Heavenly Beds. I've never stayed at either one, but I have slept in a heavenly bed and it was, well, heavenly.

1995 Disney Institute Treehouses 2005 Wilderness Lodge 2007 Yacht Club 2008 Coronado Springs 2008 Beach Club 2009 Grand Floridian 2009 Disney Wonder
2009 Disney Wonder 2009 Polynesian Resort 2011 Coronado Springs 2011 Portofino Bay Hotel UO 2012 Old Key West October, 2012, Proud new DVC AKL Kidani owners!May, 2013 Disney DreamSeptember, 2013 AulaniMarch, 2014 BWV October, 2014 AKV
JeanfromBNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #25
Eeyore's Wife
DIS Veteran

The least expensive on-site option is to get two rooms at an All Star Resort. The King rooms are not more expensive, nor are they guaranteed, just a request.

The All Star Music suites offer a guarentee of everyone being in one room, being close to the main hall, food, and transportation. You would have two bathrooms, kitchenette, and a private bedroom with a queen bed.

Port Orleans French Quarter is our favorite Moderate. King rooms are a room category so you can reserve them, not just request them.

Port Orleans is a quick walk to Riverside and these sister resorts allow pool hopping and use of their amenities.

Swan and Dolphin offer very comfortable beds and have much better pricing than Disney owned deluxe resorts.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:54 PM   #26
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanfromBNA View Post
Honestly, I don't find the beds at WDW all that comfortable. They're not terrible, but they're not comfy, either. I always thought that was deliberate so that you get out of bed and get to the parks where you ought to be (spending money).

The Swan and Dolphin feature the Westin Heavenly Beds. I've never stayed at either one, but I have slept in a heavenly bed and it was, well, heavenly.
I've never had an uncomfortable bed at wdw.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: