Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #16
triciari
DIS Veteran
 
triciari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homefixitguru
The kfo is such a great deal people will put holds on them. We tried for a week straight till we got it. We have 3 kiddos also. We did it when they offered the mexican riviera out of LA and now we are booked out of Galveston. It takes patience and trying all the time multiple timesp a day. If your serious and it comes available grab it. It won't be available for long. with a family of 5 you're looking at a Cat 4. If its available it will show. Keep trying and good luck!
Awesome info! I'd given up hope!
__________________
triciari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #17
Homefixitguru
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 15

The March 1st Bahamian 8 night just came up when I checked. Don't know if that would work for you or not.
Homefixitguru is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #18
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 3,825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homefixitguru View Post
The kfo is such a great deal people will put holds on them. We tried for a week straight till we got it. We have 3 kiddos also. We did it when they offered the mexican riviera out of LA and now we are booked out of Galveston. It takes patience and trying all the time multiple timesp a day. If your serious and it comes available grab it. It won't be available for long. with a family of 5 you're looking at a Cat 4. If its available it will show. Keep trying and good luck!
Absolutely! I took me HOURS to keep refreshing to get a verandah stateroom. I got one, called my mom for her information, my nephews (they were first time cruisers), the right credit card, it was gone. Took me HOURS again to get another! But I didn't give up, I kept clicking over and over and over.

So have all your information and credit card available

Our KSF was after the 90 day mark and we had to pay in full. No reserving.
__________________
Disney Wonder - 4/27/03 - 4 Day
Disney Magic - 5/8/04 - Western
Disney Magic - 6/24/05 - Mexican Riviera
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #19
Night Owl
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 57

Yes after a closer look at the rooms, we would be on top of each other. I didn't think about the life jacket ratio, thanks for pointing that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
There is no way to book 5 people in a room for 4. DCL will only also allow bookings for the number of spots in the lifeboat station. I would suggest getting a TA to keep on top of this for you.
Yes it would have, but no longer available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homefixitguru View Post
The March 1st Bahamian 8 night just came up when I checked. Don't know if that would work for you or not.
Yes I just learned this lesson the hard way! On a whim, I checked just now and there was an opening for Jan 26th, 6 day cruise, but by the time I registered with Disney and got to the final check out screen it was gone! A total of probably 5 minutes and it was gone. I was heart broken! I will keep trying. I am going to consult with a TA at this point, cause we don't have passports either. From what I am reading, we could do enhanced drivers license for DH and I and the kids we can do the passport cards. So maybe for our first cruise, I should let the pros do it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
Absolutely! I took me HOURS to keep refreshing to get a verandah stateroom. I got one, called my mom for her information, my nephews (they were first time cruisers), the right credit card, it was gone. Took me HOURS again to get another! But I didn't give up, I kept clicking over and over and over.

So have all your information and credit card available

Our KSF was after the 90 day mark and we had to pay in full. No reserving.
Night Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #20
Homefixitguru
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 15

The problem with a travel agent is unless they really care they will tell you it is sold out. As far as passports go I don't think you have to have them a birth certificate and photo ID are enough since you leave from a US port and return to a US port. I would keep trying we found late at night on Sun thru Mon were the most likely to have a spot open up.
The price is so good especially when sailing with 3 kids you don't want to give up.
Homefixitguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:11 AM   #21
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 3,825

Nightowl... your best bet is doing it yourself even if it means 3 hours of refreshing...remember to always have the KSF code. It took me hours after losing the first cabin. And I didn't give up. It was very late at night DCL was closed..but I did get it. Yes, I always yak about it to my family "it took me hours, but I got it" blah blah ... Boy was I determined and the hours I spent refreshing paid off. Keep trying~
__________________
Disney Wonder - 4/27/03 - 4 Day
Disney Magic - 5/8/04 - Western
Disney Magic - 6/24/05 - Mexican Riviera
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #22
Night Owl
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 57

Thanks for the pep talk I am determined - this would be such an awesome deal if I can get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homefixitguru View Post
The problem with a travel agent is unless they really care they will tell you it is sold out. As far as passports go I don't think you have to have them a birth certificate and photo ID are enough since you leave from a US port and return to a US port. I would keep trying we found late at night on Sun thru Mon were the most likely to have a spot open up.
The price is so good especially when sailing with 3 kids you don't want to give up.
Thank you I stay up late (hence my screen name Night Owl ) so I will have to try late at night

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
Nightowl... your best bet is doing it yourself even if it means 3 hours of refreshing...remember to always have the KSF code. It took me hours after losing the first cabin. And I didn't give up. It was very late at night DCL was closed..but I did get it. Yes, I always yak about it to my family "it took me hours, but I got it" blah blah ... Boy was I determined and the hours I spent refreshing paid off. Keep trying~
Night Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.