Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
theebeemommy
Earning My Ears

Pirate/mermaid makeover

New here . 5 year member of "other" board but after recommendations from friends and favorite podcasters I decided to take the leap and join . So here's my first question, traveling with experienced Disney children (my oldest daughters ages 7 and 10 at time of travel) and it will be first trip for my two year old son. My two daughters have been saving up for pirate or princess makeovers. My 7 year old is torn between mermaid and bibidi bobidi! My oldest loves potc (favorite movies) so I know it's the right choice for her but my 7 year old is a fan of both pirates and princesses. Does anyone have pictures of mermaid makeovers and/or advice after having experienced both bibidi and mermaid makeover. Also, what is length because debating about letting my 2 year old become a jack sparrow as well bt not sure about his age for makeover. Thanks in advance and I'm so glad to be here!
theebeemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

Not sure about age for pirate makeover, but if 2 is too young, check out Harmony Barber shop. They were so fabulous with my 18 month old, big brother requested a haircut. They also do colors & Mickeys if desired.
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

The youngest age for any of the makeovers at WDW is 3 due to the makeup they use. It has not been tested or recommended for children under the age of 3. Also, the Harmony Barbershop no longer does colored hair gel so that is not an option.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
theebeemommy
Earning My Ears

Anyone have mermaid makeover and thoughts on it?
Old 11-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
sss
Mouseketeer

BBB v. Pirate Empress

Hi,
We just came back 11/2. I have 3 daughters, twins age 10 and my youngest will be 8 very soon. All three got something done for the first time on this trip. One of my twins and my youngest did BBB and my youngest did the Pirate Empress but I did see little girls with the mermaid. Here's the thing with the mermaid, it looked like a lot of makeup and not a lot of accessories. This becomes important in a minute....
All my girls love accessories. The big two were able to keep their hair in for about three full days. They have their crowns and sashes and these drawsting bags with their extra stuff in it.. They LOVED it. My third daughter, the other twin marches to the beat of her own drum (which I LOVE) and wanted the Pirate Empress. At the BBB the hair is, as you know, very styled and they get makeup and nails. At the pirate place they really don't do their hair because they get a bandana over their hair but they DO get makeup and nails...and a sword. And a small drawstring bag to keep their stuff in (extra cosmetics and face stickers etc.) If your daughter is going to get upset over the lack of pirate pixie dust then go BBB. My daughter was very happy with her pirate empress look. AS for the the mermaid....here is the thing...like I said, my girls kept their hair for about 3 full park days and my pirate empress shlepped her sword in the sash on with the earring for several days too...the mermaid, it looked to me was mostly face paint/makeup so it limits the longevity of the look, kwim? I could be wrong, I don't know/remember if you get some kind of mermaid accessory but I don't remember seeing any. It was very pretty though.
HTH
sss
sss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #6
kam1011
Mouseketeer

Technically the minimum age is 3 for both the Pirate's League and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, however my 2yo went in last summer and I was honest about her age. She was 2 years, 9 months and they told me she was "close enough".

Personally, I think the Bibbidi is cooler.

2000s:
5 off-site trips
All Star Music Family Suites
Beach Club
Wilderness Lodge Villas (x2)
Old Key West (x2)
Saratoga Springs
AKL - Kidani Village
Bay Lake Tower

I may have missed some...

kam1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
theebeemommy
Earning My Ears

Wow! Great info. I keep wondering if she wants to do pirates to impress her older sister. I'll use your advice and talk to her about it. Thank you. Ill also ask about my two year old to see if they'll let him be included and if not he will be happy with a toy sword at one of my favorite shops (at exit of POTC ride)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: