Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #106
GoofyTwinDad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc

Hello! Sorry it took me so long to come back to the trip report. Shawn was very excited that they won . PM your email and I will send the pictures. I also have some video from the show that I can send you.
Ill pm you tomorrow. My DW will look through our pics to recipricate.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #107
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I want to do that Towel Folding Class! I meant to do it on the Galveston sailing too, but nope! I guess I'll have to sail again...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #108
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post

I am back! Sorry it has taken so long.

After 3 long port days we woke up to a beautiful day at sea.

We started our day out having our breakfast out on the verandah - I miss that.

Me too!

You guys did a great job taking advantage of some of the activities, my boys were bummed they missed towel folding last time. Yum, strudel!

Quote:
Tonight was semi-formal and I wanted to get a few more pictures so we went back to get dressed. By this time in the cruise the boys were not very happy with me to be standing in line for pictures.

One of my favorites of the cruise.

Cute pictures. We tried one with that backdrop and it turned out awful! Yours is so much better.

Quote:
After the show we headed back to the room to find Matt banging on the door. Thanks to the people in room 6040 who attempted to help him out. When he went to the pool party he did not take his room key or wave phone - so he could not get in and could not call us. We felt so bad. He was only waiting for a few minutes but still - we felt bad.

All was well after a busy day at sea. Off to sleep for tomorrow would be our last full day.
Poor guy, that is no fun.
eandesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #109
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Ok - I am back for the final day. If anyone is still around - sorry that it has taken me so long to finish this report.

We woke up and it was our final day - NOT FUN!. Had our last breakfast on the veranda.

There were many activities that we wanted to do this day. Some of them overlapped. We found that this happened a lot this cruise.

After breakfast I went to Shutters to make my final picture purchases. We had purchased the package that gives you 10 pics and had been collecting all of the pictures all week, so there were many to go through. I know I wanted to get it done this morning, because later in the evening it would be a zoo.

After Shutters, I met Steve for our final game of Bingo. We had no luck. I think the boys were off to their clubs.

We then went to Lumiere's for a very nice relaxing lunch.

It was off to do some shopping - though I do not think I bought much other than a few ornaments. I had been looking at a jacket all week, but in the end, I just didn't want to spend the $75.

Friendship Rocks! was next. This is such a cute show that they do with the Club/Lab kids. I have read that they do not do it on the new ships, because there are just too many kids.

After the show, Steve and I headed to Palo for Tea. We had never done the tea before, and I am glad that we got to experience it before they stopped offering it. We were very happy to see that our waiter was Sasha. Sasha had been our waiter on our last cruise for both dinner and brunch at Palo and he is great. It was great chatting with him. He told us that he was putting in a request to be transferred to the Wonder so he could see Hawaii. From reports I have read, it does seem that he got his request. I do not know if he is still on the Wonder now though.

Tea was nice. It was not brunch or dinner but we enjoyed it.

After we tea, we headed back to the room to pack. Even though this is the worst part of any vacation, it was nice that we had a sea day as our last day, not Castaway Cay as in most DCL cruises. This gave us much more time and I did not need to rush.

By the time I finished packing it was time to head to the final show. I did not see this on our last cruise, so I wanted to see it this time - even though I knew it would make me sad. This family behind us was bawling by the end of the show.

Matt had skipped the show to play dodge ball so we went back to the room before dinner to grab him.

We had someone take our picture before dinner.

Our last cruise sunset.

Dinner was in Animator's tonight. Matt left early to make it to the Edge for a slideshow presentation of the week.

Head Server Levant.

Assistant server Sant.

Server Laura.

After dinner, Shawn headed to the Lab and Steve and I went to see the Pub Night show. This was very funny and a great way to spend the last evening.

It was back to the room after this. The boys were back at midnight after the clubs closed and we ordered Mickey Bars from room service.

The next morning was pretty uneventful. We went to the late breakfast and got pics with Matt and our servers since he had left dinner early.

When we were done, we pretty much walked right off the ship. The traffic was pretty light and before we knew it we were in NJ and caught our last sight of the Magic.

Thanks for reading!

Old 02-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #110
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Thanks for finishing up your TR, it was great!
Old 02-24-2013, 11:54 AM   #111
Kels Sem
Mouseketeer

Thanks for finishing off your report, I really enjoyed reading
Kels Sem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #112
TopRowSeat
Married to a DIS Veteran

Quote:

Server Laura.

Not much for me to add other than... Ahhh.. Laura <3

Tea at Palo was good, but it doesn't compare to Brunch (my favorite) or dinner (still great). Glad we got to do it since it no longer exists but those of you who didn't get to haven't missed out on anything fabulous.

Somewhere between tea and the show we finally made our way up to see Nur and get a martini. He made me a martini for sure... Holy cow! He stood there with the gin bottle upside down chatting with me about life and how this wasn't the right bar for him since there aren't any chairs there to hang out.

When he handed me the glass he said take a drink of that.... I did.. it was good.. he said no.. I mean a big drink... I did.. he refilled it from the shaker... then said uhhh.... one more.. then I took another BIG drink.. and he refilled it from the shaker again.. Oh my.. this was quite a martini!

Later we discovered that all the silliness at the bar with Nur somehow lead to Disney accidentally charging us an additional $23.56 for someone else's round of Grey Goose on top of the martini and DoD... A quick stop at the service desk that evening and all was resolved.

It doesn't hurt to look over your charges on occasion. Mistakes do happen. Disney has always been happy to correct them but only if you discover the issue first.

So then... sadness, leaving, long drive... home.. post-cruise depression... You all know the drill from here...

Thanks for reading!

'00 Dixie Landings + DCL (Wonder) / '06 WL / '08 POFQ / '10 BLT / '11 DCL (Magic) / '12 DCL (Magic) / '13 AKV / '13 DCL (Fantasy) / '14 HHI / '14 DCL (Dream) / '15 DCL (Wonder)
TopRowSeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #113
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

That family behind you on the last show must have been us. Kidding! But I'm sure I did cry! (and Joe and Henry laughed at me...)

Wonderful report! I hope we get to cruise together again sometime!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: