Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #166
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

Time to change your ticker.....I recommend the generic ticker if you are prone to changes...
LOL! Going to delete it now!

So glad that there are so many other people just as prone to changing!
Old 11-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #167
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Internet is back!

DetTigsGal, what a great text to get while you are on I-4! You must be there by now, so exciting!

Jenny, hope you survived your "wilderness/crafty" weekend. You are a good mom

gwynne, welcome back!

mousemommy, should I change your resort on the RC list or wait a few days?

Lot's to catch up on, to quote our leader pas, "I'll be back"!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #168
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Internet is back!

DetTigsGal, what a great text to get while you are on I-4! You must be there by now, so exciting!

gwynne, welcome back!

Yay for having Internet back!!!

It's about darned time!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 11-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #169
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

An update.....

A month ago I commented that I needed help choosing a resort for next August & was torn between my "much loved" BC, WL and a moderate. Here we are a month later....the good news? I did get a pin code (the much talked about R/O 35% off deluxes). The not so great news? Our budget hasn't really changed, we are definitely NOT booking CL for next year & the regular STD VW along with GV @ the BC wasn't available with the pin and the next category (water VW) really does put me way over budget so I can't justify (well I could, but I won't ). Both teen DD's couldn't agree on a mod so I got tired of hearing the bickering & went ahead & booked AKL, pool vw two days ago. I then convinced myself that we'd be better off w/ a dlxe resort anyways to minimize the extra walking outdoors in Aug . Today, DH recommended we try something new & had to put that in my head....well, i just called & switched to WL, woods vw! Part of me feels bad thgh b/c I know a mod would save me an add'l $600... DH told me to stop over thinking & leave it as is, WWYD? I honestly am starting to believe it when someone said "once you go deluxe it's hard to go back" LORD, help me!

Old 11-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #170
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Internet is back!

gwynne, welcome back!

Just wait a few...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
A month ago I commented that I needed help choosing a resort for next August & was torn between my "much loved" BC, WL and a moderate. Here we are a month later....the good news? I did get a pin code (the much talked about R/O 35% off deluxes). The not so great news? Our budget hasn't really changed, we are definitely NOT booking CL for next year & the regular STD VW along with GV @ the BC wasn't available with the pin and the next category (water VW) really does put me way over budget so I can't justify (well I could, but I won't ). Both teen DD's couldn't agree on a mod so I got tired of hearing the bickering & went ahead & booked AKL, pool vw two days ago. I then convinced myself that we'd be better off w/ a dlxe resort anyways to minimize the extra walking outdoors in Aug . Today, DH recommended we try something new & had to put that in my head....well, i just called & switched to WL, woods vw! Part of me feels bad thgh b/c I know a mod would save me an add'l $600... DH told me to stop over thinking & leave it as is, WWYD? I honestly am starting to believe it when someone said "once you go deluxe it's hard to go back" LORD, help me!
I hear you! We just changed our reservation from BC GV to POR and saved $1300!!! Yay, right?!?!

And then DD8 was just talking about how she doesn't want to know where we are staying and how she wants it to be a surprise and that she'll be happy no matter where we stay....when she left the room, DH JOKINGLY said to me "until she sees the ghetto hotel you booked us at"....he was joking, I promise, and knows that POR is not "ghetto" but he was teasing me....and now I'm pricing out a standard room at WL and AKL....it's still going to be $800 more...so stupid!!!

I'm going to keep POR for now, because that's what financially makes sense...but let's remember, I didn't decide on WL CL until 45 days before my last trip....I'm only 151 days out right now...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 11-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #171
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1;46739416

I hear you! We just changed our reservation from BC GV to POR and saved $1300!!! Yay, right?!?! :yay:

And then DD8 was just talking about how she doesn't want to know where we are staying and how she wants it to be a surprise and that she'll be happy no matter where we stay....when she left the room, DH [B
JOKINGLY[/B] said to me "until she sees the ghetto hotel you booked us at"....he was joking, I promise, and knows that POR is not "ghetto" but he was teasing me....and now I'm pricing out a standard room at WL and AKL....it's still going to be $800 more...so stupid!!!

I'm going to keep POR for now, because that's what financially makes sense...but let's remember, I didn't decide on WL CL until 45 days before my last trip....I'm only 151 days out right now...
Be grateful your DD at least says she doesn't care. My 14 yr old wants POR but says it would have to be a RGR. My 18 yr old doesn't like the look of POR and says she wants CSR b/c she thinks it has more of a deluxe feel (wonder who she takes after ) I swear they purposely disagree just to make me nuts!

Old 11-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #172
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Internet is back!
gwynne, welcome back!

Hi JC, Thanks for the welcome home! Three cheers for you getting internet back!!!
I hope things continue to gradually get better.

TY Kook!
Old 11-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #173
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I think I am losing my mind!!!!

All DH had to do is say ONE wrong thing and now I am considering an RC again...

What should I do??????

If you're wondering, I'm contemplating WL CL (a mere $2k more)

PAST TRIPS:

Last edited by Mousemommy1; 11-18-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #174
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think I am losing my mind!!!!

All DH had to do is say ONE wrong thing and now I am considering an RC again...

What should I do??????

If you're wondering, I'm contemplating WL CL (a mere $2k more)
Like I'm qualified to give any suggesions on ressies right now For what it's worth....What about losing the CL but keeping WL in another category? Clearly that will narrow the gap!

Old 11-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #175
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I know I need to catchup with everyone else but I just quickly wanted to post to say.....

Candace....you just said this will be a park intensive trip....YOU DONT NEED CL!!!!!!! You won't use it enough to make it worth it!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-18-2012, 06:44 PM   #176
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I know I need to catchup with everyone else but I just quickly wanted to post to say.....

Candace....you just said this will be a park intensive trip....YOU DONT NEED CL!!!!!!! You won't use it enough to make it worth it!!!!!!

Old 11-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #177
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Like I'm qualified to give any suggesions on ressies right now For what it's worth....What about losing the CL but keeping WL in another category? Clearly that will narrow the gap!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I know this sounds COMPLETELY unreasonable, but I can't imagine staying at WL and not being able to go up to the lounge...

PAST TRIPS:
Old 11-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #178
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

I know this sounds COMPLETELY unreasonable, but I can't imagine staying at WL and not being able to go up to the lounge...
So don't, book AKL instead

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #179
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So don't, book AKL instead

Thought about that too. But to appreciate a good savings, I'd have to book pool view....worth it?!?!

I've always said I wouldn't stay at AKL without a savannah view...

PAST TRIPS:
Old 11-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #180
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Internet is back!

gwynne, welcome back!

Yay for internet! Great to have you back

Quote:
I haven't been able to go back. Heck, I haven't even been able to shed CL which I know we don't need.

Quote:
Unreasonable? Maybe. But I get it

Quote:
Thought about that too. But to appreciate a good savings, I'd have to book pool view....worth it?!?!

I've always said I wouldn't stay at AKL without a savannah view...
What about the balloon issue? Has that been resolved? I would do non-savannah at AKL I think. We aren't balcony people so I think that upgraded views are usually lost on us (except for those stinking fireworks views ) The whole resort looks absolutely beautiful and you can view the animals from so many places!

Forgot to post before. Welcome back gwynne! I'm glad the wedding and trip went well! Can't wait to hear more!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: