Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #16
cherfoga
Earning My Ears

Christmas 2012 in Orlando

Our extended family of 7 will be making our way to sunny Florida for Christmas this year. Our 7 include myself, DH, DD aged 13, DS aged 10, my parents and favorite cousin. We will be arriving on December 23rd from Alberta and will be there until January 5th, 2013

We are renting a home in Lake Berkley in Kissimmee with a heated pool. We will also be renting 2 vehicles making it easier to get around and go in different directions when the grandparents aren't up for a day at Disney.

I have been doing a lot of research and know that it is going to be super busy at Christmas but are very excited to see the decorations and experience a snow free Christmas for the first time ever!! We have decided to only do 2 days at Disney (Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios) as we are also spending 2 days at Universal/Islands of Adventure, 1 day at Kennedy Space Center and New Year's Eve @ Sea World.

We have 13 days and DH wants this to be a relaxing vacation so I had to compromise and add 6 "no theme park" days to our schedule to make sure he is on board

Looking forward to spending Christmas in Florida and am keeping my fingers crossed for great weather.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #17
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherfoga View Post
I have been doing a lot of research and know that it is going to be super busy at Christmas but are very excited to see the decorations and experience a snow free Christmas for the first time ever!! We have decided to only do 2 days at Disney (Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios) as we are also spending 2 days at Universal/Islands of Adventure, 1 day at Kennedy Space Center and New Year's Eve @ Sea World.
We were there during a similar period last year (December 31 - January 7) and the crowds were very heavy, particularly at US and IOA. I know its an extra expense, but if you can squeeze it into the vacation budget, Express Passes at the Universal parks and Quick Queue at SeaWorld will make your trip so much more enjoyable. On January 4, when we were at IOA, wait times for Spiderman were 2 hours.....with Express Pass, the boys were on within 15 minutes.

Just a thought, in case you didn't know that this perk was available for purchase. Hope you have a wonderful trip......sounds like lots of fun!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #18
candielips
DIS Veteran

We are there from dec 28 to jan 12. First 4 nights at AoA and then the rest of the time at AKV-kidani.
Super excited!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #19
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by candielips View Post
We are there from dec 28 to jan 12. First 4 nights at AoA and then the rest of the time at AKV-kidani.
Super excited!!!!!!
Did you get your tickets yet for the Pirates Dinner Adventure?

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #20
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Merry Christmas everyone!
Our vacation is a bit after Christmas .

We will be there Jan 1-Jan 7 AKV.Jambo House

This year we have booked two studios as my grand-daughter (surprise christmas gift) is coming along and my future daughter inlaw.
My youngest son is (shhhh..it a secret) is asking her to marry him at Disney.
We plan to go to MK one day and DHS another but the rest of the time we are going to wear our Santa Mickey hats and chill around the pool. I would like to visit DTD for a little ME after Christmas shopping.
Happy planning everyone.

Hugs Mel
bababear_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #21
ABCanada
Mouseketeer

Another short notice trip. We were not as fortunate as Canadian Disney Mom with our bookings. The marathon weekend seemed to be the toughest to get a room. We have never been there during the marathon weekend so I do not know how disruptive it will be.

Dates Jan 2-14th
AKV to VWL to BCV to THV

We enjoy different resorts and being able to walk or take a boat to the different parks but this is a bit too many moves.
ABCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #22
candielips
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Did you get your tickets yet for the Pirates Dinner Adventure?
Not yet. Still waiting for some sort of deal. I refuse to pay more than $40.

I see there a few of us at AKV around the same time.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #23
mickey65
Canadian Snow Girl

We are arriving at Fort Wilderness on December 23rd and check out on the 29th.
It is our first time at the Fort and frist time at Christmas. so excited

mickey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #24
b-1
Mouseketeer

we are going to be at BWV from dec 26- jan 7 and then AKV jambo jan 7-11. fingers crossed for some nice weather!

Past trips
Mar 13' AKV, Dec '12 BWV, Mar '12 AKV. Jan '12 OKW,AKV. May '11 AKV. Mar '11 GC. Nov '10 FQ. Mar '10 SSR. Dec '09 CSR. Oct '08 POR. Apr '08 CBR. Jan '08 POR. Sep '07 FQ. May'07 BC. Dec '06 FQ. Aug '06 FQ. Jan '06 FQ. Dec '05 FQ. Oct '05 FQ. Feb '05 FQ. Dec '03 POR. Dec '91 (!) CBR.

our family
b-1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: