Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #16
scootch
DIS Veteran

On the 3 night/4 night cruises I people dressed much more casual... we just got off the 7 night Fantasy though, and I would have felt out of place without dressing. Dang, people really got fancy!! One thing, they are only going to have them on for a hour or so at dinner... so you can rewear a couple nights too. heck, I wore two different skirts both twice... just added new tops.
~~Nov 2005 Contemporary
~~November 2006 Contemporary Making memories with my 21 year old niece with cancer
Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007
~~November 2007 WL
~~Nov 08 VWL
~~Nov 09 WDW BLT DiscoveryCove SeaWorld and DCL Wonder
~~April 2011 B2B Disney Dream
~~Nov 2011 WDW/BLT
~~Nov 2012 VWL/ Eastern Fantasy
~~ June 2013 DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
~~Feb 2014 Contemporary/ Disney Eastern Fantasy
~~Nov 2014 Disney Grand Floridian Villas
scootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #17
tajz90
Mama D

When my kids hit early teens, I would bring only 2 pair of jeans for regular nights on 7+ night cruises. They wore them over and over because they would only wear them to dinner and the show and then put shorts back on for fun at night. We try to pack light. If an accident occurs, we just wash.

Dress how you feel comfortable. Dress your children how they will feel comfortable. The ones that would be bothered by it, will be bothered by anything.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #18
Mastiff
Mouseketeer

I would bet that your kids will look just lovely no matter if they are wearing shorts or a pair of khakis. And by that I mean that you are even concerned says a lot. Let them wear what they will be comfortable in and enjoy themselves.

To me, what is of greater concern is manners. I would much rather have a child at my table in a pair of shorts with polite manners and behavior than a child dressed to the nines who is obnoxious and rude.

Enjoy your cruise!
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #19
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

We have all gone wearing shorts before. I think the only cruise I brought pants was Alaska. And I definitely don't wear a dress every night. My husband wears shorts and t-shirts every night except formal/semi-formal.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #20
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

We did Alaska, but my DS was in either nice jeans, khakis, cords, etc.. And a polo, sweater, or the like. I dressed him how I would if we were going to a family restaurant at home, at 3 years old.

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #21
Golden Rose
Princess by Choice

We are just off the Magic in the Caribbean on a 7 night cruise, and from where we were sitting, ALL the boys we could see were in shorts on the casual nights. Some wore tshirts and some wore polos.

I probably shouldn't confess this, but my DH even wore long shorts one night because he was literally just in from a shore excursion and didn't have time to change (or we'd have been even later than we were.) No one said anything, and honestly, we were in such a hurry that we didn't even think about it until later.

(me) (DH) (DS 8) (DD 3) (4 cats) (52 fish) (and a frog)
Golden Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #22
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Rose View Post

I probably shouldn't confess this, but my DH even wore long shorts one night because he was literally just in from a shore excursion and didn't have time to change (or we'd have been even later than we were.) No one said anything, and honestly, we were in such a hurry that we didn't even think about it until later.
I really don't see what is wrong with anyone whingeing shorts on a non formal/ semi formal night. On My last cruise I wore shorts to the dinning room several times as I was either to lazy to change into pints or I wasn't paying attention to the time and rather then be late for dinner I just put on a polo shirt.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: