Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #16
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reimero View Post
I also use Small World. I'm pretty happy with them.
I have used them too....no complaints!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #17
cblack
Mousketeer

Positive experience here, too. We have booked 2 cruises with Leigh at SWV and have been very pleased!

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #18
acwsmom
Mouseketeer

We've worked with Angela from Small World for the past few WDW visits and all of our experiences have been wonderful! We love her! This is our first DCL cruise and she has been able to answer the hundreds of questions I've thrown her way so far. She's used to me knowing almost as much as her regarding WDW, but I'm a newbie when it comes to cruising so she's been very helpful. Plus, since DH and both I work full-time, she's been a life-saver pulling together all the arrangements for us.

Adult's Only Anniversary Celebration Sept 2013
Pop Century, May 2012 -- Pop Century, Nov 2010 --
Pop Century, Oct 2009 -- Offsite & Kids First Trip 2008 -- My First WDW Trip 1989
acwsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #19
mom2aredhead
DIS Veteran

We used them too, for our cruise last year. No complaints.

"Nobody on his deathbed ever said, "I wish I had spent more time at the office." - Paul Tsongas
mom2aredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #20
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

We've used Small World for our cruises, great experiences with them.

This last cruise, we had a small snafu since we booked a military rate when only a military dependent would be sailing (before they changed the rule), and when we found out about it even though we were long past the PIF date, my agent offered to make it right by absorbing the cost if we decided to cancel the cruise altogether. It turned out we just had the military service person join us, and had a great time, but I really appreciated the way she stepped up and was able to offer several solutions to our problem!
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #21
kihart
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedvc
I just received this months mouse savers email and it mentions small world vacations. They are offering up to $1000 OBC for DCL 2013. I was just wondering if anyone has ever used their services and if you were pleased.
Amanda with Small World has been amazing with booking our cruise. And about 3 months later we decided to add 2 days in the park. It's been a great experience!
kihart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #22
MadaNickDis
Earning My Ears

We have used Jo twice. She's okay. Great OBC and got an in room gift on the second cruise. Using her for the third one this August, too.

Disney Wonder April 2014
Disney Magic and Art of Animation January 2014
Disney Dream and Port Orleans/Caribbean Beach August 2013
All Star Music April 2013
Disney Magic August 2012
Disney Dream January 2012
Off Site 2012
Pop Century 2011
All Star Movies 2010:
Old Key West 2009
All Star Movies 2008
Off Site 2007
MadaNickDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #23
Dis_Grk Grl
Earning My Ears

I tend to get larger OBC using Mouse Family Vacations, she is very friendly and helpful as well.
Dis_Grk Grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #24
*Flower*
Needs to Win the Lottery!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
We've used Small World for our cruises, great experiences with them.

This last cruise, we had a small snafu since we booked a military rate when only a military dependent would be sailing (before they changed the rule), and when we found out about it even though we were long past the PIF date, my agent offered to make it right by absorbing the cost if we decided to cancel the cruise altogether. It turned out we just had the military service person join us, and had a great time, but I really appreciated the way she stepped up and was able to offer several solutions to our problem!
What is the rule for this now? Just in case DH can't go for some reason- would I not be able to book the military rate?

TIA.....
Old 11-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #25
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Flower*

What is the rule for this now? Just in case DH can't go for some reason- would I not be able to book the military rate?

TIA.....
They changed the rule earlier this month so now military dependents are eligible for the discount w out the service person having to sail.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #26
*Flower*
Needs to Win the Lottery!!

Thanks so much! You've made us both really happy- DH always says that I qualify for it even more than he does because he thinks that I worked harder for it....

Last edited by *Flower*; 11-18-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: excitement
*Flower* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #27
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

I only had one dealing with them back in 05. We were planning our 1st DCL cruise for 2007. In those days with only 2 ships, prices would climb by the end of the 1st day of date release, some sailings would sell out by the end of the 1st day.
Anyway, I knew my kids would have several days off in early Nov but the few previous years it varied which week it would be. So being a naive newbie, I asked if I could book both weeks then cancel one once we got the school schedule.
You would have thought I asked her to fry up newborns for dinner. She yelled at me that no way could they ever do that & how I'd be hogging up a spot I had no intention of sailing, (even though I'd still be cancelling 15 mos prior to the cruise and DCL would still be holding onto my $$ all that time too.)
Now I laugh when I think back to that time. I could've easily booked the way I needed online without being scolded like a child. My current TA would have no problem doing whatever I ask her, as long as it doesn't break any DCL rules.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #28
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up

I booked my upcoming cruise thru Small World Vacations, and I am pleased with my agent. She looked out for my budget constraints (since I am a single mamma trying to make something outta nothing) . She was able to get me a good amount of OBC, as well as a price adjustment when she saw it would help me. Will definitely use Mary in the future!
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #29
virgilatmit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDream2B View Post
Agree! We have taken 5 (soon to be 7) cruises through Tanya, and she is great.
We booked with Tanya as well, have been pleased so far. I was under the impression I would receive $100 OBC, while my in-laws had $50 OBC. I just checked with DCL (we leave next week), and they said our OBC was $150, while my in-laws had $125!
virgilatmit is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: