Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
tadkisson
Earning My Ears

Just returned Disney Dream Stateroom 6630 Nov 18, 2012

We just returned from the Dream and wanted to share some information as I know how I looked to this board for information before our cruise!

We had a wonderful time on this our second Disney Cruise. I was hoping the ship would be decorated for Christmas but it was not! They were in the process of building the Gingerbread House and it was finished by last night which was nice. We had stateroom 6630 which was great. there were four of us but we actually had room for five with the pulldown bed. The location was good and the noise was minimal - no creaking or noise from other floors.

Castaway Cay had alot of brown vegetation and even into the palm trees which was a result of the recent hurricane. The water was of course beautiful and the water temperature was cool but many people were swimming. It was sunny and highs of 79 or so - very comfortable weather. We had the BBQ at Serenity Bay but wished we had gone to the Scutters one as they had much more to offer...baked beans, corn on the cob, etc. The Serenity one lacked in vegetables and were completely out of sweetener for the tea (only had real sugar) The gift ship had the Castaway Cay Tervis Tumblers as we had hoped.

One other point I would like to mention - when we were in Nassau, we decided to take a cab to a beach area - we paid $4.00 per person to ride to Cabbage Beach which was on Paradise Island right next to the Atlantis. It was definately worth the trip but the waves were strong and the beach drops off very quickly - not the best choice ofr families with small children. We would do it again in the future though!

All in all a wonderful time. Exhausted but we only live 2.5 hours from the port so we are home and relaxing now! Also would like to mention one other point - we chose to stay in Cocoa Beach the night before the cruise becasue my daughter was driving up form Key Largo and I did not want the worries of her getting there on the morning of the cruise. We stayed at the LaQuinta which offered a package with a 40 percent parking discount at the port. We paid $64. for a room for four people which included breakfast. It was only 4 miles from the port. The rooms were very clean and nice. We wouuld def do this again! They also offer a package for around $100. which includes parking at the motel with shuttle service to the port. If we were doing a 7 day, this would probably be beneficial - we just did not want to have to wait or fight for a shuttle this morning. Disney is first class even without small children. (:
tadkisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
FlyingBelle
Official Tag Fairy Underwear Designer
"MacGyver's" her bras with duct tape and toilet paper
Frutty Pebbles doesn't taste the same with ranch dressing!

We were on that cruise too!

Did you get the rib-eye steak at Serenity Bay? That was my very favorite thing I ate on the whole cruise - in fact I made DH go and get me another one

Working on my trip report... hopefully will be ready to start posting this weekend.
Many times as a child | Fort Wilderness Campground 1996 | Off-Property Mar 1999 | CS May 1999 | ASSp Aug 1999 | Dixie Landings Jan 2000 | Dixie Landings Feb 2001| WL Feb 2002 | Disney Wonder Cruise Jan 2003 | WL Sep 2004 | Swan Feb 2005 |WL Oct 2005 | POR - Aug 2006 | WLV - Jan/Feb 2007 | WL Family Trip - Sep 2008! Bella's first trip to Disney! | Buena Vista Suites - Dec 08 | Disneyland - Nov 2009 | Disneyland - June 2010 | POP - July 2010 Disneyland - October 2010 | ASMu & Disney Wonder December 2010 | ASMu Jan 2011| Disneyland Sept 2011 | ASMu Jan 2012 | No Kids Trip! Pirate room at CB - Mar 2012| Disneyland - April 2012| Disneyland - July 2012| Disneyland - August 2012 | ASSp - September 2012| Disney Dream 3 night cruise - Nov 2012 | Split-Stay: AKL - Feb 2014/ASMo - March 2014
FlyingBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
tadkisson
Earning My Ears

The last cruise we did but did not see anyone with it or none cooking and it wasnt offered. Very minimal offerings this time but I think it was the staffs fault...not new policies...
tadkisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
FlyingBelle
Official Tag Fairy Underwear Designer
"MacGyver's" her bras with duct tape and toilet paper
Frutty Pebbles doesn't taste the same with ranch dressing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkisson View Post
The last cruise we did but did not see anyone with it or none cooking and it wasnt offered. Very minimal offerings this time but I think it was the staffs fault...not new policies...
Bummer... We were there about 11:15am. I didn't realize they had it until the guy working the grill asked if I wanted one.

I agree though, very minimal offerings otherwise. I only had a salad with it, and it was basically lettuce and dressing.
Many times as a child | Fort Wilderness Campground 1996 | Off-Property Mar 1999 | CS May 1999 | ASSp Aug 1999 | Dixie Landings Jan 2000 | Dixie Landings Feb 2001| WL Feb 2002 | Disney Wonder Cruise Jan 2003 | WL Sep 2004 | Swan Feb 2005 |WL Oct 2005 | POR - Aug 2006 | WLV - Jan/Feb 2007 | WL Family Trip - Sep 2008! Bella's first trip to Disney! | Buena Vista Suites - Dec 08 | Disneyland - Nov 2009 | Disneyland - June 2010 | POP - July 2010 Disneyland - October 2010 | ASMu & Disney Wonder December 2010 | ASMu Jan 2011| Disneyland Sept 2011 | ASMu Jan 2012 | No Kids Trip! Pirate room at CB - Mar 2012| Disneyland - April 2012| Disneyland - July 2012| Disneyland - August 2012 | ASSp - September 2012| Disney Dream 3 night cruise - Nov 2012 | Split-Stay: AKL - Feb 2014/ASMo - March 2014
FlyingBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #5
ctalley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkisson View Post

All in all a wonderful time. Exhausted but we only live 2.5 hours from the port so we are home and relaxing now! Also would like to mention one other point - we chose to stay in Cocoa Beach the night before the cruise becasue my daughter was driving up form Key Largo and I did not want the worries of her getting there on the morning of the cruise. We stayed at the LaQuinta which offered a package with a 40 percent parking discount at the port. We paid $64. for a room for four people which included breakfast. It was only 4 miles from the port. The rooms were very clean and nice. We wouuld def do this again! They also offer a package for around $100. which includes parking at the motel with shuttle service to the port. If we were doing a 7 day, this would probably be beneficial - we just did not want to have to wait or fight for a shuttle this morning. Disney is first class even without small children. (:
Glad you enjoyed the LaQuinta. I will have to consider the LaQuinta for our pre cruise stay.
ctalley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6640, christmas decorations, parking, stateroom

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: