Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
dazzling
Mouseketeer

Any "Unmissable 5*" attractions/rides that make you go "meh"?

Not a very good title to a thread I know, so apologies. I'll try and explain.

What I'm talking about isn't any of the WDW attractions that are generally considered to just be "OK", but the ones that are rated as "Unmissable" and "Must Do" by everyone else, every guidebook, website, friend, etc,that you have experienced but didn't get the appeal.

As an example, and the reason for my post, mine is one that I seem to be completely alone in my opinion. It's Fantasmic. (Please don't hate me!) It seems that every person I've spoken to who has seen it raves about it. I read a lot of WDW guidebooks and they all without exception say it is one of WDW's best attractions. Same here on the Dis. But I've now seen it three times and I just don't get the appeal. Each time I saw it I was, for want of a better word (and aware I'm risking the wrath of many!) a bit bored. The show just didn't engage me at all.

I'm not sure why Fantasmic leaves me cold. I absolutely love both Wishes & Illuminations. They are the highlights of my trips & I always try to see both of them a couple of times each trip. Wishes never fails to leave me with a lump in my throat & a pretending-I've-got-something-in-my-eye moment. But Fantasmic? Nope.

Anyway, as I said, I'm aware I'm in a minority with this, but I suppose not every attraction can appeal to everyone. Fantasmic is my one.

So, are there any attractions/shows/rides at WDW that the whole world seems to adore but that leave you just going "Meh"? Interested to hear if I'm the only one in this club!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: