Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #211
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

We just got off the Magic yesterday and according to the Welcome Home letter, the first bus was scheduled to leave for Hobby at 9:00 and the second at 9:45.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #212
Candy Apple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
We just got off the Magic yesterday and according to the Welcome Home letter, the first bus was scheduled to leave for Hobby at 9:00 and the second at 9:45.

Corinna
Where there only two buses going to Hobby? Did the rest go to IAH?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #213
kristinfly2
Mouseketeer

The letter only gave two times for each airport. I think there were more than 4 busses out there but not sure. Most of the people we talked to on our cruise had driven in.
kristinfly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #214
usafvet
Earning My Ears

Awesome thread. Thanks for the information!
usafvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #215
dolphingirl47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Apple

Where there only two buses going to Hobby? Did the rest go to IAH?
There were two departure times listed for Hobby and two for IAH.

Corinna
Old 11-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #216
ShelleyLynn
Mouseketeer

Return Flight time

I am looking at options for my return flight from Hobby after our March cruise. I can have 11:35am or 5:40 pm. I have read the first bus to Hobby seems to leave the terminal at 8:45. Some people have commented there are plenty of minivan cabs available. Does anyone have an experience with the cabs to Hobby? If we did a cab or a private transfer what is the earliest time we can get off the boat and get through customs? I really don't want to sit around the Hobby airport until 5:40. Can I make the 11:35 work if I use private transfer? TIA for any advice
ShelleyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #217
ljknecht570
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
I am afraid that you may not make the ship. Depending on WHERE in Houston you are meeting, it may take 2 or more hours just to get to Galveston. Houston is huge, the freeways are crowded and it is not uncommon for one of them to be closed due to an accident.
Just to let everyone know that we made it in plenty of time. We left Houston at 1:00 pm and we were in Galveston by 2:00 and on the ship by 2:30 pm!
ljknecht570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #218
Sparrow78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljknecht570

Just to let everyone know that we made it in plenty of time. We left Houston at 1:00 pm and we were in Galveston by 2:00 and on the ship by 2:30 pm!
That is awesome!

Sailing on the Magic again! Nov 29, 2015!

------
8 night Magic Cruise - Jan 18, 2013

Paradise Pier Hotel May 20-26, 2012
WDW August 7-14 2010
2nd DL trip! May 18-25, 2004
1st DL visit... 1 day rushed trip May 2001
Sparrow78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #219
ShelleyLynn
Mouseketeer

about to book airfare, need advice from recent experience

I have posted earlier on this but wanted to get clear advice from anyone who has recently cruised from Galveston. It has been posted the first bus for Hobby leaves at 9am, it is about an hours drive so I can safely assume I can get to Hobby around 10am, correct? If I book a private transfer what is the earliest time people have been able to get off the boat and thru customs? I want to book a return flight out of Hobby at 11:35, it would be close with the Disney transport but I am assuming I could get a private transfer and have more time. Someone with recent experience, could you please tell me what time I can reasonably be at the curb for private pick up if my family is standing at the lobby door waiting for disembarkation to start? Thanks so much for any advice.
ShelleyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #220
dolphingirl47

We were on the November 10th sailing and the people who were taking off their own luggage were allowed to leave at about 7:45.

Corinna
Old 11-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #221
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelleyLynn View Post
I have posted earlier on this but wanted to get clear advice from anyone who has recently cruised from Galveston. It has been posted the first bus for Hobby leaves at 9am, it is about an hours drive so I can safely assume I can get to Hobby around 10am, correct? If I book a private transfer what is the earliest time people have been able to get off the boat and thru customs? I want to book a return flight out of Hobby at 11:35, it would be close with the Disney transport but I am assuming I could get a private transfer and have more time. Someone with recent experience, could you please tell me what time I can reasonably be at the curb for private pick up if my family is standing at the lobby door waiting for disembarkation to start? Thanks so much for any advice.
We were on the 10/13 sailing and I think you can safely say you could be off at about 8:30 am at the latest. I think you can make an 11:35 am flight out of Hobby. We had breakfast at 8:15 am in Parrot Cay, got off the ship about 9 am and could have easily been to Hobby by about 10:30 am and that's with picking up our car from the parking lot and circling back around to pick up the rest of our group.

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #222
chrissybean
Earning My Ears

galveston or houston downtown across from galleria

So I have booked the galvez for the day before the cruise when I arrive but is it a mistake to stay for the two days after the disney cruise in downtown houston should I just stay at the galvez again. I was afraid that it might be cold anyways since it is january. Any advice would be appreciated--Thanks
chrissybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:53 AM   #223
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

EZ Cruise was super easy for parking the Nov 17 cruise.
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #224
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Keep an eye out for these transfers!

Hmmm. Thinking this might be the way to go, whenever they start offering this.

Or for those who can't see the picture:
"The new Disney Cruise Line Motorcoach Transfer Program offers a convenient and comfortable way for you to travel to and from the Galveston cruise terminal. This service operates by picking you up from a number of regional locations.
West Houston: Katy Rosenberg, Sugarland, Pearland, West side of Houston
North Houston: Conroe, Woodlands, Magnolia, Tomball, North side of Houston
Austin: Round Rock, Cedar Park and various Austin locations
Dallas/Fort Worth: Various locations in both cities
San Antonio: Various locations in San Antonio"

Have these started yet? Because I was totally unaware of them and would have loved to use them.

Anybody have experience or reviews?
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #225
Chee Chick
DIS Veteran

I wanted to report back on the hotel we stayed at 11/16 before our cruise. We stayed at the Holiday Inn on the Beach. We didn't have a great experience at the hotel. The room was dirty and run down IMO. I saw another poster last week complain about the band being loud in the hotel bar. The hotel bar is obviously a local hangout. There was no where to park when we arrived late in the evening. My biggest complaint was the shuttle back from the cruise terminal. We waited way over an hour on the curb. They serviced the Carnival ship first that was also in port. Then when a bus finally arrived, there was no more room for luggage. The shuttle was shared with the Hilton and the San Luis hotels. Just a warning for those staying at these three hotels.

I did see at least two shuttles from the Hotel Galvez and Tremont House while waiting. They shared a shuttle bus and obviously had better service.

We will stay elsewhere next time and park near the port

Last edited by Chee Chick; 11-27-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Chee Chick is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: