Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #46
SurpriseDW4Her BD
Earning My Ears

Good Monday morning guys!

Made it through the weekend without being confronted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindsoul73 View Post
Do you have any brothers just like you?
Nope... I'm an only child... sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcam51 View Post
You're wife is one lucky gal!
I think I'm the lucky one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
We also know that he has a DIS account and his wife knows about it and her birthday is Between now and February
We share our DIS account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Congrats on such a great surprise!

PS- could you, maybe, send this to my husband????
If it all plays out I will get it on video....

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv that cruise View Post
More hints! Do you live in the houston area (galveston to katy, woodlands, kingwood, sugarland, baytown) or are you driving in from father? Perhaps you are flying in?
Nope.. sorry... Midwest... not Texas...

Quote:
Clue number 5, he probably sent this from a regular computer rather than the app, unless he DIS'es a lot as all the smileys are typed in from the app.
Spelling or typing errors, so either he was in a hurry because he was at work, has dyslexia/dysgraphia or just can't be bothered.
Love the smiley's... Post college educated... and still can't spell worth a crap. Thank goodness I'm not an english teacher...

Quote:
If he's smart, he bought Disney gift cards at target or Sam's club or whatever to pay for it. Then it's invisible on statements.

Depends how sneaky he's being.
That is how we kinda normally do it... but not how I am doing it this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo71 View Post
That's our cruise! When are you telling her?
Before 2013...

Quote:
Originally Posted by samily View Post
We are booked on this cruise too, so it's not my DH! Our kids have Presidents week off from school, so it's possible they're from the northeast...

What a fun surprise, can't wait to hear how your surprise goes and we will see you on board!
We don't have the entire week... just a a few days... So I'm hoping it will work out. Yep both kids are school age.

And I'm not Ben or Chris...
SurpriseDW4Her BD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #47
SurpriseDW4Her BD
Earning My Ears

Made another payment this AM. Only one more payment to go.

Thank goodness for busy schedules! This means very little together time for me to look like a guilty man! I can't keep a secret for nothing. So thanks to everyone for letting me "spill the beans" on DIS.

I asked the kids what I should get mom for her birthday... I got a unanimous jewelry from both... So we might work that into mix some how...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #48
TinksMomma
Mouseketeer

How about something DCL? They make a pandora DCL charm
Old 11-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #49
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

How fun! I know it's not me because we are already booked on the same cruise but unfortunately my DH can't come with us because he can't get time off so the boys and I are sailing with my parents. Otherwise, I would have been praying it was me since my birthday is in Jan and this cruise is when my son has some time off school. Can't wait to hear more!

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #50
wannagoback
Broke them in before the trip
We were with Goofy and Donald on the Teacups ride

I canceled my cruise but have still been checking this board to follow your post. Can't wait for updates!!
wannagoback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #51
DesertGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannagoback
I canceled my cruise but have still been checking this board to follow your post. Can't wait for updates!!
Saddest words ever (canceled my cruise). I'm thinking that may be us for our thanksgiving 2014 BTB

Our dreams come true:
DS Alec 7
DD Olivia 5
DesertGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #52
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Any updates or more hints?

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #53
usafvet
Earning My Ears

This is awesome! Youtube "Christmas disney surprise" to get some ideas on how to surprise your wife. Very heart warming stuff there.
usafvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #54
SurpriseDW4Her BD
Earning My Ears

Hello DIS board..

Things are going along just fine... I have one more payment and the cruise is paid for...

I am telling her Dec 1,,, That is not DW birthday... but I have a plan.

Dear DW...

I am pretty sure you have not found this thread yet. If you have your sure are being very tight lipped about it.

After the weekend we just had I can only wish that this vacation was this Friday instead of Feb 15. Being sick flat out sucks..

Love you always..

Your DH
Old 11-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #55
loucks96
Earning My Ears

<3 this how sweet!! Lucky girl! (Not that I'm not a lucky girl!!) Nice to kind of get to be part of your surprise in a way!!
loucks96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #56
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Very cool! I just read your posts to my DH!! Hoping he surprises me either with WDW or a DCL.......
Ccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #57
luv that cruise
Someone give me instructions as if i were a first grader!

I am on the cruise now if you want to go with the pandora ideas proposed by someone else on this thread. But I only have 3 more days and hate to anti-dcl but internet not so great here. I think there are a few exclusive DCL beads so let me know if you'd like me to get one or more for you. I'll check my PM account later tonight and if the internet gods are cooperating perhaps I can help you out if you are interested.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #58
SurpriseDW4Her BD
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksMomma View Post
How about something DCL? They make a pandora DCL charm
We found a necklace... DS thinks he is being super secret and finding out about a necklace that she saw at a party thrown by a friend. You would think he is 007 by the way he is trying to draw information out of DW.

Thx for the idea though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannagoback View Post
Sorry to hear you canceled.. We had to cancel an Easter cruise many years ago due to DS getting pnemonea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post
Any updates or more hints?
I'm really starting to sprinkle in the hints today. Feeling a little bold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafvet View Post
This is awesome! Youtube "Christmas disney surprise" to get some ideas on how to surprise your wife. Very heart warming stuff there.
Gonna try my hardest to get a video of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loucks96 View Post
<3 this how sweet!! Lucky girl! (Not that I'm not a lucky girl!!) Nice to kind of get to be part of your surprise in a way!!
Glad to share with you guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccann View Post
Very cool! I just read your posts to my DH!! Hoping he surprises me either with WDW or a DCL.......
I hope he does too!!

Quote:
I am on the cruise now if you want to go with the pandora ideas proposed by someone else on this thread. But I only have 3 more days and hate to anti-dcl but internet not so great here. I think there are a few exclusive DCL beads so let me know if you'd like me to get one or more for you. I'll check my PM account later tonight and if the internet gods are cooperating perhaps I can help you out if you are interested.
Thank you! But I think I have it...

With DS on a mission to supposedly get this necklace order form from DW.. It is all working out pretty well, I think. I am pretty sure DW thinks she is getting this necklace.. even though my DS thinks he is being super sneaky... he ain't. So DW will give DS the order info for me to supposedly get the necklace she wants.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #59
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

You know if she is reading this, with all the necklace details, you are blowing the whole thing!!!!!!!
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #60
All Things Simba
Can't stop taking photographs!

Quote:
I love a good mystery! Feb 15th out of Galveston is an 8 night cruise. OP said their "kids" were going with them so I'm guessing they are preschool aged or lower elementary since texas kids aren't out of school that week. hmmm. I think this lucky lady has a very thoughtful husband to not only plan the cruise but to also give enough thought to post about it.

I too have a secret cruise planned for a friend who has never cruised before and for years has heard about all my wonderful vacations. I have gotten the blessing of her husband, kids and her boss. Now I just can't decide how to tell her. It will be fun for me to watch this play out for you!
Here's a way to surprise her... hide a treasure box with clues in it and have her go on a treasure hunt to find it. We surprised my DH this way for our Jan. 2009 cruise. I made up a traditional treasure hunt throughout the house that eventually lead to the trunk of a car. The treasure box (one from a theme store) held chocolate gold doubloons in it along with cardboard coins that had sayings on them with hints... like... "flip flops" "tropical breezes" "St. Thomas" "Konk Koolers" "7 nights" etc. When the lid was lifted a letter popped up to say "Surprise! You are going on a fabulous 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise!" Our entire family was in on it and so was his boss so that I could get him off work. I do the finances so that part wasn't hard. Plus I'm a saver when it comes to vacations!

Have fun with however you surprise her!
8/99-CSR, 1/02-CBR, 2/04-POP, 8/05-DCL Panama Canal Cruise!, 12/07-AKL & POLY for Christmas, 1/09-POFQ & DCL Eastern w/St. Croix!, 10/09 POFQ WDW for Halloween & DCL Halloween Cruise, 4/13-POP Girls trip to WDW for the Epcot F&G Festival!, 10/13-WDW for Halloween and DCL Eastern for niece's wedding on Castaway Cay!

All Things Simba is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: