Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #16
kamik86
DIS Veteran

I also loved the whole konami code thing... most people won't get this but to any geeks that do its just really cool that they used this.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #17
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundergod View Post
Jane Lynch's character had the most kick butt hair too.
I LOVED her hair too!!

Such an incredible movie and short. Vanellope quickly became my favorite Disney girl.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #18
POB14
Colleen and Mary's BaBa
Feet are, without doubt, the best argument AGAINST intelligent design I can imagine!

Quote:
I guess I missed the paperboy references in the movie.
I think people are talking about Paperman, the silent/B&W short that ran before the movie. I know I was, anyway.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #19
Thundergod
Mouseketeer

okay good. I know paperboy was a video game and could have very well been referenced in the movie. lol

The short at the beginning was very cool.
Thundergod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #20
Queenofspoons
Dreaming of Disney World

Quote:
Originally Posted by POB14
So they're cool with people getting repeatedly knocked unconscious with a cast-iron frying pan (Tangled) or having the main character, a young girl who was stolen from her room at night, get shot with arrows, nearly drowned, and bound by pirates and made to walk the plank (Pan), and they think Ralph is too intense?

(I'm probably older than your parents!)
They are in their 50s if your wondering, I tried to find a classic example of a regular Disney movie, but failed to realize that theirs always those elements in Disney films, just not in bigger quantities like "Ralph".

Theirs a number of reasons why they didn't like it other than content, they have very young grand children and they are always worried about what movies they are exposed to, in fact my niece was terrified by The villains in PatF and Tangled, the villain in this one would be no different. Also they aren't into dark kids films, it took them 3 screenings to get into UP, maybe this film will work the same for them.

Again great movie,I really want to see it again.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #21
DisneyAllyC
Princess Ally

Just saw it last night. 3 21 year old girls watching this movie together. We all loved it so much! I loved the storyline and the animation, especially the parts inside the video game was flawless! It was so much better than I thought it would be! One of the best of the newer Disney movies definitely

1998:First trip to Disney-Polynesian
2004: Pop Century
2005: All Star Music
2007: Saratoga Springs
2009: High School Senior Trip-All Star Sports

4 days until my next trip to Disney World!
DisneyAllyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #22
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

I'm obsessed! Ive already seen it twice. I feel like this is my new favorite Disney/Pixar movie. Ive been on a hunt this week to collect items - I have a few of the toys already. I wasnt going to collect them, but I saw them going fast and selling out so I jumped on it.

I collect other Disney stuff including Vinyls so it just adds to the collection. LOL

I thought every character was just amazing. Sugar Rush was built for me to live in. If I could create my ideal world to live in, that would be eat. Everything made of candy!

Theres rumours of a sequel coming in possibly the next year or so. I hope they show more of the Sugar Rush Racers in it.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #23
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
okay good. I know paperboy was a video game and could have very well been referenced in the movie. lol

The short at the beginning was very cool.
omg....I remeber playing Paperboy on my Nintendo! :P
Old 12-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #24
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

We just bought the game for WiiU and its really fun to play.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #25
Kies99
I Can has Cheezburger???

I like the "oreo" cookie bit. Right out of Wizard of Oz!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, bacon in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

Some people are like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!

Kies99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:16 AM   #26
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

We just saw this today and absolutely loved it! Very funny and will definitely buy it on DVD

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #27
pixiedust1129
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83
We just saw this today and absolutely loved it! Very funny and will definitely buy it on DVD
I wanna see it
pixiedust1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #28
IndigoFaith
I love Vanellope and Cinderella!

I saw it three times. Great movie. I am obsessed with Vanellope and she is the first serious rival for Cinderella.
Feel the rain on your skin No one else can feel it for you Only you can let it in No one else, no one else Can speak the words on your lips Drench yourself in words unspoken Live your life with arms wide open Today is where your book begins the rest is still unwritten
C.S. Lewis — 'Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again
Love is putting someone else's needs before yours-Olaf
I wanna love, serve and give every chance I get, I wanna do life BIG
"Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds ever be in your favor."
I keep wishing I could think of a way to...to show the Capitol that they don't own me. That I'm more than just a piece in their Games."
―Peeta Mellark[src]

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen Hebrews 11:1
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Proverbs 3:5-6
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:35,37-39

[/COLOR]
IndigoFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:26 PM   #29
PrincessGina92
Earning My Ears

I love that movie, me and my bf watch it all the time. Next to beauty and the beast.
PrincessGina92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #30
kathyk2
DIS Veteran

I watched Wreck it Ralph and I loved it. It reminded me of the Incredibles a movie that adults and kids could enjoy at the same time. I loved the animation and the voices. I thought the Nicelanders were jerks to Ralph.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: