Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #1696
CT Disney
Mouseketeer
 
CT Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Feeling buyers remorse about our reservation at BC...basically because of all the money we are spending on Christmas, coupled with the fact that both DH and I need new tires for our cars....sooooooo....we changed our 10 night reservation to POR Royal Rooms!!!

And the kicker....now we are PAID IN FULL!!!!!
We've stayed at both YC and POR Royal Rooms and have had lovely, magical vacations at both. In fact, we absolutely adored the royal rooms! They were so cozy. And, nothing beats staying in a freshly clean and refurbished room. It's hard to enjoy vacation if you are stressed and preoccupied with money so I think you made the right decision!

This time we are heading back to YC mainly so our kids can try SAB, but I wouldn't hesitate to take them back to POR!
__________________
1993 Hotel Royal Plaza, 1994 DXL, 1996 OKW, 1998 Dolphin, 1999 OKW, 2002 HHI, 2005 POFQ, 2005 Vero Beach, 2006 WL, 2008 POR,
2010 YC CL, 2012 POR, 2013 YC CL, 2013 Poly CL

CT Disney is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #1697
Duzzygirl
Mouseketeer
 
Duzzygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Southwestern PA
Posts: 261

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
...It's hard to enjoy vacation if you are stressed and preoccupied with money so I think you made the right decision!
...
I definitely agree!
Duzzygirl is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #1698
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,686

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
We've stayed at both YC and POR Royal Rooms and have had lovely, magical vacations at both. In fact, we absolutely adored the royal rooms! They were so cozy. And, nothing beats staying in a freshly clean and refurbished room. It's hard to enjoy vacation if you are stressed and preoccupied with money so I think you made the right decision!

This time we are heading back to YC mainly so our kids can try SAB, but I wouldn't hesitate to take them back to POR!
That's good to hear!! . My wallet definitely appreciates our move to POR. I think that we will probably reserve deluxe resort stays for shorter trips or special occasions. But, where this is another 11 day trip...the deluxe price tag just becomes a little oppressive...

I'm just glad that we can sit back and wait till April now, and Disney awaits all paid for!!!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #1699
Jen12573
DIS Veteran
 
Jen12573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wayne, PA
Posts: 873

We are getting closer to having the family completely booked with flights departing on Easter Sunday.

Found my parents flights on SW out of Islip, Long Island for $140 each way. Found DH and me flights TO Orlando on AT for $128 each (holding out on our return flight depending on what day we decide to come back). Now we just have to check on flights around DC for my brother. Yahoo!!
__________________
Jen12573 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #1700
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,059

I've been looking around the Dis hoping to see news of some April discounts. Looks like nothing is out there yet except maybe an AP rate, which would not work for us. The waiting continues.

Last edited by pwdebbie; 11-19-2012 at 09:02 AM.
pwdebbie is online now  
Old 11-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #1701
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran
 
TJDisneymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 1,624

Probably not til the current offer expires on 12/31.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DISBoards
__________________
**please forgive typos, typing from Kindle
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
*1986: CR/Poly *1987-1999: numerous offsite stays *2001: DLR offsite (honeymoon!) *2/2011: 1st family trip ~ ASMU Family Suite
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
TJDisneymama is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #1702
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran
 
momtwoboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,086

we are paid in full too its a great feeling!
__________________
: me (42)
DH (43)
DS (16)
DS (14)
Lily
momtwoboys is online now  
Old 11-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #1703
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran
 
TJDisneymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 1,624

i haven't even begun to pay the WDW portion of my trip. I'm working on paying the cruise off right now since it has an earlier PIF date. Next month I will start working on WDW.
__________________
**please forgive typos, typing from Kindle
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
*1986: CR/Poly *1987-1999: numerous offsite stays *2001: DLR offsite (honeymoon!) *2/2011: 1st family trip ~ ASMU Family Suite
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
TJDisneymama is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #1704
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,059

We booked room-only so the payment isn't due until we check in. Not to say that the money isn't already in the bank, but it doesn't have to go on the card until check-in.
pwdebbie is online now  
Old 11-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #1705
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,059

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
That's good to hear!! . My wallet definitely appreciates our move to POR. I think that we will probably reserve deluxe resort stays for shorter trips or special occasions. But, where this is another 11 day trip...the deluxe price tag just becomes a little oppressive...

I'm just glad that we can sit back and wait till April now, and Disney awaits all paid for!!!
Mousemommy1 -- I am waiting for you to come here and make a confession. For anyone that can't wait to hear from her, go check out the first post. Let me just say that POR did not last long.
pwdebbie is online now  
Old 11-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #1706
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,686

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Mousemommy1 -- I am waiting for you to come here and make a confession. For anyone that can't wait to hear from her, go check out the first post. Let me just say that POR did not last long.
LOL!!!!! ~ Yeah I am no longer PIF!!!

We have a room only too, but I just like to get it paid off way ahead of time and not think about it again.

POR did not last long, and AKL it is!!! (still saving a good chunk of change though)!

While I'm at it, my ADR's have evolved as well:

4/19/12 -- Le Cellier 5:35 pm
4/21/12 -- Boma 4:35 pm
4/24/12 -- Jiko 5:45 pm (Date Night!!!)
4/27/12 -- CRT 8:15 am
-- BOG 6:00 pm
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #1707
samgminov
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I've been looking around the Dis hoping to see news of some April discounts. Looks like nothing is out there yet except maybe an AP rate, which would not work for us. The waiting continues.
I have a quick question about the discount codes. If a discount code comes out for, say, April 22 and your vacation is April 20-28, can you get the discount for days 22-28? Or does it have to be for the exact start date of the promotion?
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS-5) (DD-3)

samgminov is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #1708
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,059

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgminov View Post
I have a quick question about the discount codes. If a discount code comes out for, say, April 22 and your vacation is April 20-28, can you get the discount for days 22-28? Or does it have to be for the exact start date of the promotion?
As I understand it, you would actually make two reservations, one for the 20 & 21 and then start a new reservation on the 28. However, I've never had to do this, so I can't say I'm 100% confident that this is correct. But I am pretty sure that this is what I've read on the DIS.
pwdebbie is online now  
Old 11-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #1709
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,059

The calendar was updated again. I check it just about every day, but it says the update was made on 11/15/2012. I'm not sure what has changed at this point. Maybe someone else can spot the difference. The link is in the first post but I'll post it here too:

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/St...lendar_apr.pdf
pwdebbie is online now  
Old 11-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #1710
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran
 
wdw4rfam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 1,780

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
As I understand it, you would actually make two reservations, one for the 20 & 21 and then start a new reservation on the 28. However, I've never had to do this, so I can't say I'm 100% confident that this is correct. But I am pretty sure that this is what I've read on the DIS.
I have done this- you are correct. You would need 2 reservations. I got lucky and didn't have to change rooms, but sometimes you have to, because you are actually checking out and checking back in under a new reservation.
__________________


2014 CBR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days

wdw4rfam is online now  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.