Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #121
havaneselover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
thanks for posting this site. i to went to it today and got really good deals. ordered a birthstone for my dgd, i put a gift in a box every year for her to open on her 21'st bday. got her the chamilla bracelet from the ship for this years bday so we are one bday ahead, which is always good. i got several stoppers for me as well as a fairly charm, also for me. i received the free bracelet which will go to my d-in-law for xmas, a free cleaning cloth and a chamilla catalogue free as well. there was no tax as i am canadian so don't pay the ny tax. free shipping which surprised me as, again, i live in canada. usually we pay double. really really good deal if your looking for any of that BUT it is over june 30. i also had to phone my order in as their system will not take canadian orders over the internet as yet.
oh, and the prices were a bit less than i would pay in my local stores.
thanks again!
how long did it take to get your order? they said mine mailed today as well and wondering how long i should expect for it.
You're welcome.

I think my order came in 2 days (I live in VA). I was very pleased with this company and would order from them again. Can't wait for my daughter's birthday.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #122
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimkreis View Post
I am a Tervis addict and was So excited to get a DCL one. No such luck. I talked to a CM who said they cleared them out to make room for all of the NYC / Canada cups they added for these cruise.

Boo Hoo.

If anyone travelling soon feels like being kind and picking up a plain DCL one (haven't been lucky enough to cruise on Dream or Fantasy yet so don't want the Aquaduck one).

I would compensate you!
We didn't find one on our Canada cruise either. And on the next cruise which went to the Bahamas, we didn't find the Castaway Cay one, but on the last night of our Bahamas cruise, they had the Tervis cups out so we scored them!! Wooohooo!
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #123
johnlatte
Mouseketeer

Wink

Okay wait......I've ordered 4 of these for my little adorables..I am going to put their cute little pictures from the academy on one side and then a scan of each door magnet that I am making for our doors on the other. The background is going to be the same color of the matching t-shirts that I am going to craft up for picture night and I've got these wonderful little charms to tie on each handle that matches the FE hook on our door (as soon as I finish the 100 FE gifts that I am making and organizing our meet and greet). I'll post everything on Pintrest when I'm done!

Whew...lots to do, but this will be the most perfect vacation EVER
2011 - DCL Magic - Mediterranean
2010 - DCL Magic - N. Europe Repo
2008 - NCL Pride of America - Hawaii
2007 - DCL Wonder - Caribbean

"Sounds like it is a floating Toon Town with nothing but screaming kids and characters. " - Anonymous
johnlatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #124
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

We got one of the cruise ship but never did find the CC one. I'm pretty bummed.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #125
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

bought a tervis cup while in myrtle beach last week. i'm not getting why they are so hot. i don't see any difference between the tervis and a cup i bought very similar that cost $6.99. they both seem to work the same and i can't say one works better than the other.
what am i missing?
also i received an email from silver breeze showing some new camila disney charms that are coming out august 1st i believe. there very cute.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #126
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
bought a tervis cup while in myrtle beach last week. i'm not getting why they are so hot. i don't see any difference between the tervis and a cup i bought very similar that cost $6.99. they both seem to work the same and i can't say one works better than the other.
what am i missing?
also i received an email from silver breeze showing some new camila disney charms that are coming out august 1st i believe. there very cute.
For me the draw to the Tervis cups are they are made in the US (near Sarasota, FL) and have a lifetime guarantee.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #127
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

our family LOVES Tervis Tumblers! We have one that is Nascar, a special Father's day, one about living on a lake, and several that match my Fiestaware dishes. Waiting on a good sale to get more of those. They are the only cups I like to drink from anymore. I will say if you put milk in them, I really think the milk gets colder as you drink!

Was just in Hilton Head last week and was thrilled to pick up one from there as well. It's the patch style and has a picture of Mickey and HHI's Mascot dog Shadow. Now I'm so happy to hear we can get 2 or 3 on the cruise.

Question: What was the cost of the ship charm for the bracelet?

Thanks!
love280mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #128
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
For me the draw to the Tervis cups are they are made in the US (near Sarasota, FL) and have a lifetime guarantee.
now that makes sense. it certainly seems less scary to drink from a plastic cup made in the us than it does to drink from one made in china. i've heard horror stores of what they put in there plastics and its better not to chance it. the life time guarantee is a plus other than i am canadian and to get it back to them it would cost me more than the price of the cup. but again, i do get that benefit.
i had just thought from reading about them that they were supposed to work better and i just don't see that. doesn't keep anything colder. cold yes, colder no.
thanks for clarifying jill jill. that does explain a lot to me. i will probably pick one up when i'm at wdw in the fall just to have a mickey cup but i will not be buying tons of them just because there tervis. way to expensive when i can get ones for half the cost.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #129
ge0rgette2
DIS Veteran

I LOVEEEEEEE my cup(s)...

Have a flipflop one, Black lab, palm tree and a flower, that's my daughters..

I think I saw Mickey, etc at Bed Bath and Beyond, I try and use a coupon, but they don't have the type of Mickey and family like the main website has!

I'm definitely ordering!

NYC to Bermuda ~ Norwegian Breakaway ~ May 2013

NYC Inaugural Disney Cruise to Bahamas ~ May 2012 ~ Disney Magic

NYC to Bermuda ~ May 2011 on NCL Gem

ge0rgette2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #130
brookepi
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if they ever have sales on the Tervis cups? I am hoping to pick up 5+ for a pre-cruise gift and I would love to get them personalized.

Totally addicted to these cups
brookepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #131
tinkerbellmom31
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookepi
Does anyone know if they ever have sales on the Tervis cups? I am hoping to pick up 5+ for a pre-cruise gift and I would love to get them personalized.

You can frequently find 20% off codes and free shipping. You just missed the best deal I have seen yet. It was buy 3 get one free on the customized cups. Like their Facebook page and get on their email list, you will be kept up to date on sales that way. Also I usually google "tervis code" if I'm looking to order and haven't had any recent emails.

Disney Magic to Key West, Nassau and Castaway Cay May 4,2012
Disneyland Feb 2011
Disney World last trip December 2010 plus many more
tinkerbellmom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #132
klass3
Mouseketeer

Decided I have to get some Tervis cups while on the Fantasy next year. Are they sold in all the onboard giftshops? If not, which ones do? TIA
Old 11-18-2012, 07:07 AM   #133
DisnyMik
Mouseketeer

Went to Tervis.com as PP suggested but they don't sell the Disney Cruise or CC cups on the website

I guess I will wait til Oct '13 to get mine! I keep telling DH I need a Pre-Cruise to the cruise...I can't wait that long!

DisnyMik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:33 AM   #134
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

For the ones you design yourself, can you change it out?

We have an Alladin cup (the brand, not the character, lol) that's really neat. The bottom unscrews and you can pull out the paper and put a new design in it. My son uses it for water at school and I frequently change the design in it.

Last edited by Bonniec; 11-18-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Bonniec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #135
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookepi View Post

Joann's often has them on sale, and if they don't you can use one of their 40% off coupons for them (or 50% if you get lucky with one of those!). Of course, the % off coupons can be used on only one item. Would need to make multiple trips with multiple coupons...

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: