Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 01:42 AM   #76
Dimplenose
Stranger from the outside
I do tend to go over the top in Disneyness

Wow! Michael and Richard looked genuinely shocked rather than relieved they weren't in the dance off.

I am so glad that the dance off was reinstated for this series as last year became more of a popularity show than a dancing competition.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #77
queendisney
DIS Veteran

yes I agree with you..we may have lost Kimberly if it had been votes only and no dance off. A bit of voter apathy came into play this week. She'll be fine next week. Looking forward to Girls Aloud performing on Saturdays show.

I also think that Blackpool was good but they are only doing it from Wembly this year. I think Wembly is just far too big an areana for the viewers at home. The audience seemed to love it last year but everybody else thought it was dreadful. The camera work was awful last year they were either too far away of on their faces and you hardly saw them dance at all. Bring back Blackpool and dump Wembly I say

Right.....back to the kitchen to finish off making a KeyLime Pie! Not keen on it myself but DH loves it..(I know, a bit random!!)

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #78
queendisney
DIS Veteran

I did not enjoy the Wembly one again this year. Thought I'd have an open mind on it but yet again the camera work was dreadful. Its like they have to prove that its at Wembly by bringing the camera's way above the dance floor so the dancers look like ants then zooming in so close that you see just the top half of their bodies and once in a while you see their feet. Why can't they just show us the whole of the dancers instead of bits of them! Also not keen on props, I want to see them dance not get lowered onto the stage by a bike..Hey ho..whinge over

Back to the studio thankfully next week, hopefully without Richard or Victoria.

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:33 AM   #79
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney View Post
I did not enjoy the Wembly one again this year. Thought I'd have an open mind on it but yet again the camera work was dreadful. Its like they have to prove that its at Wembly by bringing the camera's way above the dance floor so the dancers look like ants then zooming in so close that you see just the top half of their bodies and once in a while you see their feet. Why can't they just show us the whole of the dancers instead of bits of them! Also not keen on props, I want to see them dance not get lowered onto the stage by a bike..Hey ho..whinge over

Back to the studio thankfully next week, hopefully without Richard or Victoria.
I totally agree, I find Wembley far too big a venue for this kind of show. I only got to see half the show as I don't finish work till 7pm but I've quickly gone through my recording of it and I hope that either Richard or Victoria go

Loved Louis doing a bit of breakdancing, and well done to Denise for getting 3 tens, even though I still haven't warmed to her

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:05 AM   #80
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandymouse View Post
I totally agree, I find Wembley far too big a venue for this kind of show. I only got to see half the show as I don't finish work till 7pm but I've quickly gone through my recording of it and I hope that either Richard or Victoria go

Loved Louis doing a bit of breakdancing, and well done to Denise for getting 3 tens, even though I still haven't warmed to her
On another note I have found out who leaves this week!!!!!!!

Old 11-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #81
Dimplenose
Stranger from the outside
I do tend to go over the top in Disneyness

Perhaps it was the venue but I really didn't like Denise's dance and was surprised that it got such praise. I was also surprised that Darcy didn't realise that the professionals get help choreographing the Charleston.

Didn't like Richard's dance but loved the turtles swimming around the floor

Quite a lot of the dances were destinctly underwhelming last night. Most weeks I'd be excited to discover who the leaver is a bit early - but this week I'm really not bothered.

As for the Children in Need special - well
Old 11-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #82
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimplenose View Post
Perhaps it was the venue but I really didn't like Denise's dance and was surprised that it got such praise. I was also surprised that Darcy didn't realise that the professionals get help choreographing the Charleston.

Didn't like Richard's dance but loved the turtles swimming around the floor

Quite a lot of the dances were destinctly underwhelming last night. Most weeks I'd be excited to discover who the leaver is a bit early - but this week I'm really not bothered.

As for the Children in Need special - well

Thats exactly what we said about Richards dance..loved the turtles, highlight of it really. I didn't get all the 10's for James and Denise either but I think if it had been in the normal studio it would have looked a whole load better. Didn't watch any of the children in need stuff, its makes my toes curl!!

Old 11-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #83
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wasn't impressed with Denise & James's Charleston, I didn't get it either, it certainly wasn't as entertaining as Chris Hollin's and Ola's dance a few years ago

Old 11-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #84
katiec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney

On another note I have found out who leaves this week!!!!!!!
Ooohhh - how did u find this out? I was only wondering today if the news had ever leaked out early ;-)

I must admit that none of us - me, DH, DS 23 - liked Denise & James Charleston either - underwhelmed!!

Katie

katiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #85
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiec View Post
Ooohhh - how did u find this out? I was only wondering today if the news had ever leaked out early ;-)

I must admit that none of us - me, DH, DS 23 - liked Denise & James Charleston either - underwhelmed!!

Katie
I just found the forum for Strictly and had a look..only because I didn't know if I could be bothered to watch the results prog tonight as found Wembly awful and not keen on watching Kylie perform either (lordy I am sounding like a grumpy ol'women), when its back in the studio I won't look.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #86
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiec View Post

Katie
I guess it was Richard's time to leave, such a shame, what he lacked in technique he made up in enthusiasm, he was fun to watch

I used to find out on the forums of Digital Spy who had left, but I haven't bothered over the last year or two

Old 11-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #87
katiec
DIS Veteran

I am still amazed that the results stay relatively secret!!

I'm hoping for a Michael or Lisa win :-)

Katie

katiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #88
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

I was sorry to see Richard go! He really was funny to watch with all those faces he pulls lol!
Also I was another one who was underwhelmed by the Denise and James Charleston. I didn't understand all those 10s!! They're good but not worthy of a 10 IMO!!
My fave couple are Dani and Vincent! Absolutely a joy to watch, always deliver and you can see the progression throughout the series! Love love love them!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #89
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I bet Denise will win the judges are seriously in love with her personally I find her dances boring.

And my Nicky in the bottom two least they kept him in for another week though
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:53 AM   #90
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals
I bet Denise will win the judges are seriously in love with her personally I find her dances boring.

And my Nicky in the bottom two least they kept him in for another week though
I think you're right about Denise which is a pity cause I really can't seem to warm to her at all
Didn't like seeing Nicky in the dance off!! It should have been Victoria - she just looks awkward on the dancefloor! Not a fan of Michael either - where did those 9s come from?! He didn't deserve that IMO! Its really coming down to the nitty gritty now.

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: