DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #1621
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!
 
Donald_Quackers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie1973 View Post
Hi all! We just bought into BLT on our last trip. We just came ack from a 3 day cruise (where they sold us the points) and a week long stay at Saratoga Springs. We have about 100 points for BLT and I'm excited about learning more about it.
Congratulations and welcome home!
__________________

Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7 Nights
Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/4 nights @ POFQ
Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
Sleep Apnea diagnosed June 2012
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!
Donald_Quackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #1622
lunaemica
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: braintree, na
Posts: 16

We own 200 pts at blt. Our only trip so far was in Nov/Dec 2010 and it was everything we hoped for. Can't wait to have the plane fair money to go back.
lunaemica is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #1623
DopeyFan1966
Disney World Aficionado
 
DopeyFan1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Currently in California
Posts: 467

We bought 160 points in June 2011, while on a cruise in the Mediterranean. I've been wanting to buy for a LOOOONNNGGGG time and finally convinced my husband to buy.

We have a use year of December and they gave us the points for 2010 as well. We haven't stayed at BLT yet, but have used our points at DLR California and will be using them to stay at OKW for Christmas in a 1 Bedroom. We have never spent Christmas at WDW, or even been during the Christmas season, can't wait to see all the decorations.

We really can't wait to spend some time at BLT, hopefully it will be next year.

We are going on an Alaskan cruise next year in July and I'm hoping for another great deal so we can buy more points. Still going to buy more points, just haven't found the right deal yet. I want about another 100 points and I think we will be set.
__________________






WDW – Jun 94; Jul 97; 13-19 Sep 2006 POP; 7-18 Sep 07 ASM; 11-19 Sep 08 POP; 9-19 Sep 09 POR; 31 Aug-12 Sep 10 CSR; 20-27 Dec 12 OKW; DLPR – May 99; May 09; Jun 10 DLR – Dec 08; Jan, Feb, Jun, Jul, Oct 12; DCL - 15-26 May 10 Med (Magic); 28 May-8 June 11 Med (Magic); 8-15 Jul 13 Alaska (Wonder); 11-18 Oct 14 Western Caribbean (Fantasy)
DopeyFan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:36 AM   #1624
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran
 
gonecrusin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: MD
Posts: 617

Happy Birthday!

Mickey Mouse
__________________
Susan

I love to do laundry

DVC since 1994 (OKW & AKL & BLT & VGC)
1994-2010 too many to list
2011 AKV/DCL(Alaska)/AKV/OKW
2012 VGC Disneyland/DCL Fantasy
2013 DCL Magic EBTA (DCL #13) and London
2014 Aulani
2015 Magic EBTA (Northern route)
gonecrusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:33 AM   #1625
Bolebrothers
Earning My Ears
 
Bolebrothers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Norway, Gressvik
Posts: 66

I cant' understand how I have missed this tread earlier. Good thing I found you.
We bought 600 points in June 11, and are going back for our 3rd visit already in Feb. 13.
Coming such a long way to vacation, we try to stay for 2-3 weeks, and we love BLT to bits. We have tried other DVC resorts before buying in, but no resort hit us all as hard as BLT. We fell in love at first look, and have no great desire to stay elsewhere really.
Although that may change in the coming years.
Now, to go back and read about 100 pages worth of BLT stuff
__________________
Bolebrothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #1626
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,975

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaemica View Post
We own 200 pts at blt. Our only trip so far was in Nov/Dec 2010 and it was everything we hoped for. Can't wait to have the plane fair money to go back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeyFan1966 View Post
We bought 160 points in June 2011, while on a cruise in the Mediterranean. I've been wanting to buy for a LOOOONNNGGGG time and finally convinced my husband to buy.

We have a use year of December and they gave us the points for 2010 as well. We haven't stayed at BLT yet, but have used our points at DLR California and will be using them to stay at OKW for Christmas in a 1 Bedroom. We have never spent Christmas at WDW, or even been during the Christmas season, can't wait to see all the decorations.

We really can't wait to spend some time at BLT, hopefully it will be next year.

We are going on an Alaskan cruise next year in July and I'm hoping for another great deal so we can buy more points. Still going to buy more points, just haven't found the right deal yet. I want about another 100 points and I think we will be set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolebrothers View Post
I cant' understand how I have missed this tread earlier. Good thing I found you.
We bought 600 points in June 11, and are going back for our 3rd visit already in Feb. 13.
Coming such a long way to vacation, we try to stay for 2-3 weeks, and we love BLT to bits. We have tried other DVC resorts before buying in, but no resort hit us all as hard as BLT. We fell in love at first look, and have no great desire to stay elsewhere really.
Although that may change in the coming years.
Now, to go back and read about 100 pages worth of BLT stuff
Welcome all and Happy Thanksgiving.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #1627
Discomom703
Earning My Ears
 
Discomom703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 69

DVC Premium Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Premium Membership

After only been exposed to DVC since 2008.. after 4 years.. i finally made it!! I bought in 200 pt SSR just last October. 2012 and now just added a smaller contract for BLT!!! I'm so excited.. We're from So. California so I'm excited to finally venture out to the east coast.. (although we are originally from Virginia.. ) I"m glad i found this thread!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Discomom703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #1628
DVC Owner in MA
We love DVC!!
 
DVC Owner in MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 73

Just 45 days to go...

Looking forward to just our 2nd stay at BLT since buyin there in 2009. Last time was in a GV with another family. This time, there's a group of family members in a number of different villas. Looking forward to a great time!
__________________


DVC Owner in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #1629
BirdsOfPreyDave


DIS Veteran
 
BirdsOfPreyDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 5,133

Wow, BLT has a 6% maintenance fee jump for 2013. Let's hope that trend doesn't continue. My other two home resorts went up 2% and 3%.
__________________
Help! I'm addicted to profile badges! Check out my SSR FAQ here.
BirdsOfPreyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #1630
KingRichard
DIS Veteran
 
KingRichard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,106

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
Wow, BLT has a 6% maintenance fee jump for 2013. Let's hope that trend doesn't continue. My other two home resorts went up 2% and 3%.
So is 6% just a guess as DVC has not released any info and have not even had the meeting yet?
__________________


GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder, Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #1631
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 8,802

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRichard View Post
So is 6% just a guess as DVC has not released any info and have not even had the meeting yet?
They have released info. Here's the thread discussing it.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3025864

I've never heard of the proposed budgets not being approved at the meeting so it's extremely doubtful anything would change.
__________________
Kathy

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #1632
WeLoveAriel0505
Yearning to be @ WDW with my family............
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chicagoland area
Posts: 376

We have 500 Points and our visits are numerous and listed in the signature below. We absolutely love BLT and the location. Decor and fixtures will need to be updated soon, but can't be the location!
__________________
WDW Trips - 11/06 - Offsite, 11/07 Offsite, 11/08 Offsite, 2/09 SSR, 11/09 BLT, 5/10 BLT, 11/10 BLT, 5/11 HHI, 11/11 BLT and Dreaming, 1/13 BLT and SSR, 7/13 SSR, 12/13 SSR/BLT, 3/14 OKW, 5/14 SSR


Last edited by WeLoveAriel0505; 11-28-2012 at 04:05 PM. Reason: spelling error :)
WeLoveAriel0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #1633
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,975

Haven't received our email confirmation yet, but just finalized our October trip. We have bookend a cruise on the Dream with a stay at SSR before and BLT at the end. I am excited.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #1634
Terapin
DIS Veteran
 
Terapin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,598

We own 150 points at BLT in addition to 220 VGC points. We started with 100 BLT points but like it so much that we added on. We will likely add on again, but not for awhile.

We have stayed there in a 2 bdrm, a 1 bdrm and a studio so far. The 1 and 2 bedrooms are so large and airy - love it. Love the short walk to the Contemporary, but away from the hustle, bustle and noise. Love the marina views. I really don't mind the condo feel.
__________________
My WISH Journal: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2761938


2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #1635
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!
 
rescuetink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sicklerville, NJ
Posts: 994

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
Wow, BLT has a 6% maintenance fee jump for 2013. Let's hope that trend doesn't continue. My other two home resorts went up 2% and 3%.
WOW!! Is this confirmed??? Will they let us know, or just increase it??
__________________
DH DW DS (10) DD (6)

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.