Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
Pat329
Mouseketeer

Review of our first time at Boardwalk Inn

I was very impressed with this resort. Everything is so beautiful from the grounds to the rooms. I was suprised at the number of weddings we saw while we were there too. We booked a water view room with king bed. We got a water view room on the 3rd floor very near the ESPN club. We were next to the last room on that floor. We didn't get the king bed but the view from our balcony made up for that. I loved the decor of the room and absolutely loved the little Minnie lamp on our Mickey/Minnie engraved desk. We were never bothered by any noise from the club or the boardwalk once the patio door was closed which surprised me. It was so nice to just sit on the balcony with our morning coffee and relax watching all of the activities below. We did the online checkin and never had to go to the desk for anything because it came with auto checkout too. Now for a few negatives. Housekeeping never showed up the last 2 days we were there. I reported it after the first day but that didn't seem to help. Be prepared to walk! They only have elevators off of the lobby which means if you are at one end or the other, like we were, you had a huge walk to and from your room. We asked an employee where our room was as we got off of the 3rd floor elevator and she 'jokingly' said "about 2 miles down that way". She wasn't joking, it really seemed like 2 miles that first time. Mornings weren't bad but after a long day at the park, it was rough. Another problem I had was that the only quick service options were the sandwiches at the Boardwalk Bakery or pizza unless you wanted to walk over the the Beach Club. All in all I would probably stay there again but ask for a room closer to the elevator. And as nice as the waterview room was, we found ourselves sitting down on the boardwalk a lot in the evenings so if I needed to save some money somewhere, I could book a non-waterview room and be satisfied.

Pat329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
Cee
DIS Veteran

That was a very good review. Thank you. I've only stayed at the BWV and they are at the other end.
Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat329 View Post
I was very impressed with this resort. Everything is so beautiful from the grounds to the rooms. I was suprised at the number of weddings we saw while we were there too. We booked a water view room with king bed. We got a water view room on the 3rd floor very near the ESPN club. We were next to the last room on that floor. We didn't get the king bed but the view from our balcony made up for that. I loved the decor of the room and absolutely loved the little Minnie lamp on our Mickey/Minnie engraved desk. We were never bothered by any noise from the club or the boardwalk once the patio door was closed which surprised me. It was so nice to just sit on the balcony with our morning coffee and relax watching all of the activities below. We did the online checkin and never had to go to the desk for anything because it came with auto checkout too. Now for a few negatives. Housekeeping never showed up the last 2 days we were there. I reported it after the first day but that didn't seem to help. Be prepared to walk! They only have elevators off of the lobby which means if you are at one end or the other, like we were, you had a huge walk to and from your room. We asked an employee where our room was as we got off of the 3rd floor elevator and she 'jokingly' said "about 2 miles down that way". She wasn't joking, it really seemed like 2 miles that first time. Mornings weren't bad but after a long day at the park, it was rough. Another problem I had was that the only quick service options were the sandwiches at the Boardwalk Bakery or pizza unless you wanted to walk over the the Beach Club. All in all I would probably stay there again but ask for a room closer to the elevator. And as nice as the waterview room was, we found ourselves sitting down on the boardwalk a lot in the evenings so if I needed to save some money somewhere, I could book a non-waterview room and be satisfied.
When I've stayed at the far end at Boardwalk Villas, we used the stairs rather than walk all the way to the lobby.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Glad you enjoyed your stay!!

That's weird about the housekeeping though...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #5
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Great report! We really liked walking around the BW while staying at the YC.

I feel your pain about walking along way to your room. Our room at the YC was very far from the lobby and pool. Our view of the lake and BW was lovely.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
bowbat
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your review! BWI is one of my favorite resorts...possibly even my favorite. I would love it if they put a little quick-service option inside the resort, though. I know Belle Vue lounge offers continental breakfast -- would be great if they could add lunch, too. To be able to grab soup, sandwich or salad without leaving the resort would be perfect.

Anyway, thanks again. Glad you had a great trip.
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
bowbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #7
mlittig
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a magical visit

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop 9/11 Pop 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 4/17/15 Old Key West
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #8
tarasdad
Earning My Ears

We stayed at a BWV in Sept. One of our favorite things was sitting on the boardwalk each morning having coffee and a breakfast item and watching the people walking by.

Bill
tarasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #9
ArielDreams
Mouseketeer

We stayed in that exact same room last August! Aside from the housekeeping (that stinks!) we had the same minor complaints about the mile long walk and the lack of counter service. We found a little stairway that cut a lot of time getting to the buses. Glad you liked it as much as we did!
July 2003 - Caribbean Beach * March 2005 - Pop Century * September 2005 - Coronado Springs
April 2006 - Newport Bay Club (Disneyland Paris) * November 2008 - All Star Movies * October 2010 - Disney Family Museum San Francisco
August 2011 - Boardwalk Inn* April 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (and engaged at MK!) * Up Next: April 2015????
ArielDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:17 AM   #10
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a nice time and liked BWI. BWI is one resort we haven't stayed at, but is one we do want to try. Thanks for your review .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #11
Pat329
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielDreams View Post
We stayed in that exact same room last August! Aside from the housekeeping (that stinks!) we had the same minor complaints about the mile long walk and the lack of counter service. We found a little stairway that cut a lot of time getting to the buses. Glad you liked it as much as we did!
We saw the stairs just outside of our door but weren't sure where they led to. Do they go to the lobby floor or all the way down to the boardwalk level? Wish I had known about it being a shortcut to the buses....maybe next time! Glad everyone liked the review. I'm still going through pictures and reliving the entire vacation. Wish I were still there!!!

Pat329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #12
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed reading your review....glad you liked BWI!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: