Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #16
rszdtrvl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereyago View Post
And had charlie given her that pepper spray earlier she could have used it on them .
She didn't get the pepper spray until after Edward rescued here. Charlie gave it to her after Leland was killed by the "animal" to give her extra protection in case something happens to her. The potential attack Edward rescued her from happened before the pepper spray was given to her. It all happened the same night though.
rszdtrvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #17
Lollipop's Mom
Special trip with your little one ~~ PRICELESS!

My daughter is Dakota's double in the twilight movies and we didn't know about the twist! It shocked us when we saw it! LOL.
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 11:33 PM   #18
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

Just saw it tonight with DD23 and her friend

I have to say that I did enjoy it, though it was a little hokey. There were so many teenage girls in the theatre that you could hear collective gasps when main characters were killed, except for when Jane (Dakota Fanning) was running away. Then there were cheers. There so much monetary incentive for them to either make a sequel or a something. Any chance for the author to branch off with one of the characters?
Old 11-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #19
hereyago
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rszdtrvl View Post
She didn't get the pepper spray until after Edward rescued here. Charlie gave it to her after Leland was killed by the "animal" to give her extra protection in case something happens to her. The potential attack Edward rescued her from happened before the pepper spray was given to her. It all happened the same night though.
Exactly,hence I wrote had Charlie given her the spray earlier previous to the rescue scene she could have saved herself lol
hereyago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:04 AM   #20
Ceila
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney4us2002 View Post
I really cannot put my finger on why exactly but I do know that every woman wants to be loved the way Edward so completely loved Bella.
Um, no. Many of us see his behavior and controlling and stalker-ish and would want no part of that.
Ceila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:36 AM   #21
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

I think there will be a spinoff of Jacob and Renesme's life together.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:39 AM   #22
teller80
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollipop's Mom View Post
My daughter is Dakota's double in the twilight movies and we didn't know about the twist! It shocked us when we saw it! LOL.
For real? Thats so cool!
teller80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #23
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
I think there will be a spinoff of Jacob and Renesme's life together.
Its kind of creepy that she will be full grown at age 7. I was teasing DD and telling her Renesme will look like a grown woman and her and Jacob will be dating but every now and then she will want to color or ride bikes or play with dolls and Jacob will remember how old she actually is...lol. I would still watch it if they made a movie though.
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #24
luvsJack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake

I'm honestly glad you enjoy it and all but that's just .... so not true. Most women I know are pretty horrified by that relationship. To each her own, just saying.
Most that I know are more bothered by Bella's dependence on him not so much with his devotion to her.

Just got back from seeing it and loved it!!!! So much better than the book. I always thought there had to be a better way to end it. I cried our when Carlisle was killed and dd did with Jasper. We both cried for Seth.

Best movie of the series. And kristen was beautiful.

10 pounds closer to Skinny Island!
luvsJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #25
luvsJack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMJ441724
An old man kneeling all alone
plants his flowers in a garden of stone
For seven years now she's been gone
and his devotion is still going strong.

I wanna be loved like that, I wanna be loved like that, a promise you can't take back, if you're gonna love me, I wanna be loved like that.

Can't remember who sings that song, boy, it's old.

I wanna be loved like Edward loves Bella, like Rhett loves Scarlett.
Ahhhh like rhett loves scarlett. I so agree!!

I would love to see a spin-off telling the stories of the cullens that the author didn't tell.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #26
teacherforhi
Pit Stop!
My cats allow me to sleep in the bed with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsJack View Post
Most that I know are more bothered by Bella's dependence on him not so much with his devotion to her.

Just got back from seeing it and loved it!!!! So much better than the book. I always thought there had to be a better way to end it. I cried our when Carlisle was killed and dd did with Jasper. We both cried for Seth.

Best movie of the series. And kristen was beautiful.
He broke into her house and stared at her while she slept. Also, he threatened to commit suicide because he believed Bella to be dead. When she went to the reservation to see Jacob against his wishes, he had Alice basically hold Bella hostage when he had to leave town to hunt. Sure, perfectly normal guy.

"If there's one thing you should know about bunnies...it's that they play to win."
teacherforhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #27
luvsJack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherforhi

He broke into her house and stared at her while she slept. Also, he threatened to commit suicide because he believed Bella to be dead. When she went to the reservation to see Jacob against his wishes, he had Alice basically hold Bella hostage when he had to leave town to hunt. Sure, perfectly normal guy.
Lol. He is a vampire. Nothing is supposed to be normal.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #28
teacherforhi
Pit Stop!
My cats allow me to sleep in the bed with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsJack View Post
Lol. He is a vampire. Nothing is supposed to be normal.
I don't expect normal. However, it concerns me when teenagers start confusing possessive boyfriend behavior with devotion. Someone who tells you where to go and who you may associate with doesn't love you, he views you as a possession.

And yes, for the record, I know it's fiction. However, there are a great many people (teen girls in particular) who seem to believe that Bella and Edward have the perfect relationship and wouldn't hesitate to let a boyfriend treat them that way because it means he loves her.

"If there's one thing you should know about bunnies...it's that they play to win."
teacherforhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #29
MrsJackSparrow4Life
DIS Veteran

I was shocked by the ending (and really pissed off until I figured out it was just a vision) but I understand completely why it was added. The end of the book was very boring and way too easy IMO. I remember thinking "WTH? That's it?" when I read it the first time so I can imagine people who had not read it would be thinking the same thing if they saw it in a movie.

Overall I really liked the movie. The only thing I didn't like was the CGI effects with Renesmee. I would have thought they could have done a much better job with that considering the budget these movies had.
MrsJackSparrow4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #30
luvsJack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherforhi

I don't expect normal. However, it concerns me when teenagers start confusing possessive boyfriend behavior with devotion. Someone who tells you where to go and who you may associate with doesn't love you, he views you as a possession.

And yes, for the record, I know it's fiction. However, there are a great many people (teen girls in particular) who seem to believe that Bella and Edward have the perfect relationship and wouldn't hesitate to let a boyfriend treat them that way because it means he loves her.
This discussion comes up everytime a twilight movie comes out. At first I had the same issues with bella's dependence. But think of all the movies, songs and books that are about love and devotion that aren't realistic and no ones really expects it to be. I think most teen girls are smarter than that.

Look at it this way, if you were trying to visit a werewolf wouldn't your husband or so want to stop you? I mean it wasn't like he was trying to keep her from shopping with her bff. Lol. Or wouldn't it make you feel better to have a vampire or werewolf in your room if there was a crazed vampire out to kill you. Personally I think its just all good fun and a fun fantasy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: