DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
butsy113
AKV Owner

AKV or BCV???

I know only I can decide, but man I just don't know?!? Maybe I need the little orange bird by my name

We were very lucky people and got BCV at 7 months in a 2 bedroom with 2 queens in Ma for my son's birthdayy. I know VERY lucky! Now that I have all of our ADR's set and things in order, I keep thinking, I'm really gonna miss "home". We absolutely love AKV. There was no other choice for us when choosing a resort. Do I give up BCV (we've never stayed here) and move back home?
Old 11-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by butsy113 View Post
I know only I can decide, but man I just don't know?!? Maybe I need the little orange bird by my name

We were very lucky people and got BCV at 7 months in a 2 bedroom with 2 queens in Ma for my son's birthdayy. I know VERY lucky! Now that I have all of our ADR's set and things in order, I keep thinking, I'm really gonna miss "home". We absolutely love AKV. There was no other choice for us when choosing a resort. Do I give up BCV (we've never stayed here) and move back home?
Why did you reserve BCV in the first place? Is that still a reason to stay there? If not, change. You'll make someone on the wait list very happy.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
paults
HOME IS WHERE BWV IS

what do you mean there was no other resort to choose from?
Old 11-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #4
MEK
DIS Veteran

So you got BCV dedicated 2BR for spring during Flower and Garden Festival? Keep it. You will love the easy access to Epcot and if you have kids they will love SAB. You can always stay at your home next trip. Trying new DVC resorts is part of the fun, IMHO. I thought the customer service at the BC was awesome.

Good luck with your decision!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

I have to agree that trying new resorts is part of the fun of DVC. Hope you enjoy your trip.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #6
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

Quote:
...Maybe I need the little orange bird by my name ...
Or maybe a big walking, talking M-O-U-S-E!
Old 11-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #7
butsy113
AKV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by paults View Post
what do you mean there was no other resort to choose from?
Just meaning AKV is the perfect match for my family

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
So you got BCV dedicated 2BR for spring during Flower and Garden Festival? Keep it. You will love the easy access to Epcot and if you have kids they will love SAB. You can always stay at your home next trip. Trying new DVC resorts is part of the fun, IMHO. I thought the customer service at the BC was awesome.

Good luck with your decision!
You're definitely right! Just got back from you tube. I was watching BCV videos! The easy access to Epcot will be nice for my mom, who is going with us. When she's tired of us she can walk over to World Showcase to spend the day. And the more I think about it. The PAP may call for an extra trip or two next year. We can stay home one of those times

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_op_2000 View Post
Or maybe a big walking, talking M-O-U-S-E!
Old 11-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #8
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

I've done several split stays between those two resorts partially in an attempt to determine which I like better. My decision-I still can't decide. For me it's a toss-up. However if you've stayed at AKV and enjoyed it I'd be tempted to recommend there only because I'd hats to see you stay at a new resort and spend all those points, only to find you don't like it.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #9
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're definitely right! Just got back from you tube. I was watching BCV videos! The easy access to Epcot will be nice for my mom, who is going with us. When she's tired of us she can walk over to World Showcase to spend the day. And the more I think about it. The PAP may call for an extra trip or two next year. We can stay home one of those times
Already have my PAP vouchers in my hand! I like the way you think! If your mom is with you she will definitely thank you for the easy access. I stayed at BWV during F&W and and BCV during F&G. Having that easy access was so wonderful. I am already hoping I can get BCV or BWV for next October!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #10
Cee
DIS Veteran

I love AKV too. Having said that, if you are going for Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot, the BCV are RIGHT THERE. You can walk right through the International Gateway and you're there. Also, the BCV is the smallest DVC resort. Meaning, they have the fewest units of all the DVC resorts. Scoring a 2BR is HUGE during a very popular time.

Now, if not being at AKV is going to make you so sad that you can't enjoy all that the Epcot resort has to offer, you should absolutely switch. It comes down to what makes you happy so you can relax and enjoy your vacation.
Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:19 AM   #11
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place

If you are there for more than 7 days why not do a split.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:13 AM   #12
butsy113
AKV Owner

We are 3 at SSR and 7 BCV. Which is what it's going to stay. The videos of the resorts on you tube are great! They have me very excited about BCV When we go for NY we will stay at home and enjoy the Jambo House lobby decorated for the holidays!! Can't wait, only 168 days.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:17 AM   #13
DMKEDM
DIS Veteran

We stay at different resorts frequently--the only WDW DVC we haven't yet stayed at is VWL...and I find whichever resort we're at, I miss the ones we're not at!

But having said that, there's a LOT to love at all of them...and the one(s) you're not staying at are easily visited and enjoyed...I've spent many a morning or afternoon or evening at AKL when not staying there...true, you can't use the pools when you're not staying there, but you can go to all the animal watching stations, take part in the various activities, enjoy a meal or a drink in one of the restaurants or bars ...

And BCV is one of the THE best of the DVC resorts...the easy access to Epcot (and the Studios) is but one (albeit a big one) of its many delights...the whole area is a joy to explore and enjoy...

If it were me, I'd keep my BCV reservation (and celebrate that I got it--it's a hard-ish one to get, although May--despite Flower & Garden at Epcot--is easier than other times of the year)...I'll bet you a hot fudge sundae that you LOVE it--you'll likely be very happy next time you return to AKV, of course--but you'll really love your BCV experience, too...

Happy deciding, and happy vacation!
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: