Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 01:09 AM   #1111
plazajane
Earning My Ears

Hi. Does anyone have measurements of the Murphy bed mattress? Trying to decide if my 9 1/2 year old DD would be comfortable on it? I've seen pictures, but it is hard to tell true size. Or if anyone can compare it to the size of the day beds at CR or Poly? Thanks so much.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:07 AM   #1112
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by plazajane View Post
Hi. Does anyone have measurements of the Murphy bed mattress?
This is a double post, but as I said in the other thread, they are about 63" x 30". My 12 year old DD (5' 2.5" at the time) slept very comfortably on one for two weeks in August.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 03:09 AM   #1113
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

This sounds like a million requests to me, but... can anyone recommend a king-bed room, near the main building/food court, either on the first floor or in a building with an elevator? I don't care if it's Magnolia Bend or Alligator Bayou. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-18-2012, 03:34 AM   #1114
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
We booked a King room, too. I was wondering if there was a chart/map of King rooms out there somewhere. I think I would prefer Magnolia Bend section, but really as long as we're close to the main building, I'll be happy
They are scattered all around the resort, in both the Alligator Bayou and mansion building sections. Given that there are twice as many AB rooms than mansion building rooms, you would be more likely to get AB by random chance. I'd suggest putting in a request for a room in Magnolia Bend if that's what you prefer, however if proximity to the main building is more important you could also request Alligator Bayou 14, 15 or 18 as they are the closest (the King Bed category does include rooms within the Preferred buildings).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hello! We just changed our April reservation to a standard view in a Royal Guest Room.

Wondering what I should request to be close to bridge to main lobby area???

Should I ask for "close to lobby"? Or "Oak Manor?"

Thanks!
I'd suggest asking for "close to lobby" as there are some good rooms in Parterre Place too, which might be closer for you. However the 'Standard' room category would normally place you at the back of the building, facing the parking lots, so not really very close I'm afraid. However it's worth asking anyway - you never know, you might get pixie dusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
This sounds like a million requests to me, but... can anyone recommend a king-bed room, near the main building/food court, either on the first floor or in a building with an elevator? I don't care if it's Magnolia Bend or Alligator Bayou. Thanks in advance!
Don't ask for specific room numbers, ask for what features you want. King Bed is already a paid booking category so no need to request that, so I'd just ask for "ground floor close to main building". Keep requests as simple as possible, you're more likely to get them fulfilled that way. If there's a specific or medical reason for your request, might be worth mentioning that too.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 11-18-2012 at 03:49 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:38 AM   #1115
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
They are scattered all around the resort, in both the Alligator Bayou and mansion building sections. Given that there are twice as many AB rooms than mansion building rooms, you would be more likely to get AB by random chance. I'd suggest putting in a request for a room in Magnolia Bend if that's what you prefer, however if proximity to the main building is more important you could also request Alligator Bayou 14, 15 or 18 as they are the closest (the King Bed category does include rooms within the Preferred buildings).

I'd suggest asking for "close to lobby" as there are some good rooms in Parterre Place too, which might be closer for you. However the 'Standard' room category would normally place you at the back of the building, facing the parking lots, so not really very close I'm afraid. However it's worth asking anyway - you never know, you might get pixie dusted.

Don't ask for specific room numbers, ask for what features you want. King Bed is already a paid booking category so no need to request that, so I'd just ask for "ground floor close to main building". Keep requests as simple as possible, you're more likely to get them fulfilled that way. If there's a specific or medical reason for your request, might be worth mentioning that too.

Andre
Thanks Andre!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #1116
tanialesser
Earning My Ears

Mansion Questions

This may sound silly, but I have read where people talking about traffic outside their door...

Is there an inner hallway like most hotels, or is it motel style where you get to your room from outside? I ask because I am hoping to get a room facing the inlaws (not adjoining or connected), but after reading through this tread its starting to sound like its more motel style than hotel style?!

We leave in 8 days and I was hoping to send the request via fax soon.

thanks!
tania
Old 11-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #1117
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
This is a double post, but as I said in the other thread, they are about 63" x 30". My 12 year old DD (5' 2.5" at the time) slept very comfortably on one for two weeks in August.

Andre
This is great to know! I had done a search but couldn't find the info when I was looking last week.
My ds is 8 and 54inches currently, so he should have ample room.
There's only four of us, but it will work much better if he has his own bed. Hopefully we are able to get a room on the AB side
Old 11-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #1118
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanialesser View Post
This may sound silly, but I have read where people talking about traffic outside their door...

Is there an inner hallway like most hotels, or is it motel style where you get to your room from outside? I ask because I am hoping to get a room facing the inlaws (not adjoining or connected), but after reading through this tread its starting to sound like its more motel style than hotel style?!

We leave in 8 days and I was hoping to send the request via fax soon.

thanks!
tania
Yes, POR has outdoor corridors....or more "motel style" if you will.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #1119
ganandem
Mouseketeer

My family is leaving for POR in 24 days and I have not placed any requests yet for our room. We are currently booked in a Royal Garden Room. We would like to be as close to the bridge as possible. Should I call and add it to my reservation, send a fax in the next few weeks or just wait to note this request on the online check in form? We are so excited for this trip since I will be celebrating my 40th birthday while we are there. On my birthday we will be attending our very first MVMCP and eating at one of our favorites, 'Ohana for an early dinner. My 10 year old daughter even told me as a birthday present that morning she would go on Tower of Terror with me. Usually she sits that ride out and we have never rode as a family. Great gift as long as she doesn't melt down after! I told my hubby that if I must turn 40 I wanted to do it in my favorite place in the world. What a great guy to agree!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:04 AM   #1120
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganandem View Post
My family is leaving for POR in 24 days and I have not placed any requests yet for our room. We are currently booked in a Royal Garden Room. We would like to be as close to the bridge as possible. Should I call and add it to my reservation, send a fax in the next few weeks or just wait to note this request on the online check in form?
I would suggest getting your request added to your main booking now (just ask for "near to bridge to main building") and then maybe send a fax about 3-5 days before you arrive if it's especially important to you. You can't add free-form text requests using the online checkin system by the way.

Andre

Last edited by andrewilley; 11-19-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:35 AM   #1121
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

I will be booking a Royal Guest room next week for our trip in December. I do have a question: how close to transportation are these rooms? Would I need to make a request to be near the transportation? These rooms are the mansion rooms right?
Old 11-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #1122
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoticsweetness View Post
I will be booking a Royal Guest room next week for our trip in December. I do have a question: how close to transportation are these rooms? Would I need to make a request to be near the transportation? These rooms are the mansion rooms right?
Royal rooms are in Parterre Place and Oak Manor.

You can see their location on the map on the first page and where the depots are located.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #1123
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoticsweetness View Post
As MissyTara has helped with the location. The rooms are no more than 1-5 minute walk depending on what bus stop you go to at POR. There is the East Depot, which is slightly Northeast of the Oak Building. But some prefer to go to the South Depot which is in front of the main building and near food court and gift shops. That one is no more than 3 maybe 4 minutes walk from Oak/Parterre Mansions.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #1124
annej

Mouseketeer

Can someone tell me where the smoking areas are at POR?

Thank you!!!
1972 - Day trip with mom and dad! 1983 - EPCOT was new! 1988 - 2 day trip 1989 - Day trip on Honeymoon! October 2000 - Off Site January 2003 - WL Nov/Dec 2005 - POR/Poly January 2007 - POLY March 2008 - CR Tower - MK View! September 2008 - offsite/GF!! Feb 2009 - WL !April 2009 - GF - MK View! Nov 2009 - Adult only trip - Poly MK View Jan 2010 - Poly CL - MK View: March 2011 - CR TPV! Jan 2012 - Poly CL! Nov 2012 - POR/BLT Lakeview March 2013 - BWI with DH! October 2013 - BWI with DD and DMom! January 2014 - WL with the Hubby! October 2014 - CR Tower TPV!
Me DH DD22 DS18DSinLaw:29

Old 11-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #1125
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by annej View Post
Can someone tell me where the smoking areas are at POR?

Thank you!!!
Yeah well they are scattered usually one spot between every other pair of mansions it will be clearly labeled with depository bin and bench near it. I know there is one near Oak Manor Mansions but that is the only one I know of. There is also one near Building 14 in the AB area.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: