Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
vicb224
Mouseketeer

Cape may breakfast

Never eaten here before today.. All I have to say is- BEST CHARACTER BREAKFAST by far! Beats 'ohana, Tusker house, chef mickeys.. If you haven't been- go! Great food and such a pretty resort. The walk to Epcot afterwards is a plus as well
vicb224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicb224 View Post
Never eaten here before today.. All I have to say is- BEST CHARACTER BREAKFAST by far! Beats 'ohana, Tusker house, chef mickeys.. If you haven't been- go! Great food and such a pretty resort. The walk to Epcot afterwards is a plus as well
We have also never eaten here, Tusker House is our favorite so far. We are booked at CMC breakfast for our upcoming trip. Can you tell me if they have breakfast pizza and what kind of potatoes? So glad you posted this, makes me feel better about our booking. We love CMC for dinner by the way.

24 trips and plannin' the next 1
wdwmaw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicb224 View Post
I agree!! DS loved this character breakfast. Goofy even sat down at the table a played a game of tic tac toe with DS. It was awesome. Characters came around multiple times.

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
OThopeful35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
JKMJ441724
Um, I'm going to go with "NO."

It's been years since I've had breakfast there. I thought it was awesome.

Granted, the place was far from crowded and I had small kids....

the characters flocked to our table. So much so that I was thinking to myself that I wished they would back-off so my kids would eat.

My son (who was about 2 years old at the time) had gotten a Disney 18 wheeler truck at a gift shop somewhere and took it with him everywhere that trip. Chip and Dale kept pointing to their picture on the truck and then pointing to themselves.

It was my daughter's b-day and all the characters signed something for her. Got ton's of pictures. It was a very good breakfast. Totally worth it.

JKMJ441724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Cape May breakfast is a favorite of ours. We have 4 favorites.

Boma, Crystal Palace, Cape May, & Tusker House.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #6
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

We ate here in Dec '09. We loved it, although my son was bummed not to see Mickey. We went on our check out day before diving home. Loved the resort and the characters were very attentive, they came round to our table at least twice each. We were in a side room and the restaurant was fairly well booked.) Loved the swim outfits! I can't remember if there was breakfast pizza but I ate some home fries, as my husband calls them, and they were delish! And I was pregnant and super picky about food then.

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 12/2014 - ?
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:54 PM   #7
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Cape May is awesome! If you haven't been, go. Food is great! The place is gorgeous, and its the quietest character meal around.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #8
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

CMC breakfast is one of our must dos. The food is really good and the character interaction is one of the best. I am so glad that you had a wonderful time . I totally agree with how easy it is to walk over to Epcot afterwards, we even like the ferry that takes you from BC/YC area to DHS .

PoohsFan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:14 PM   #9
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

We agree 10000%

This breakfast has been one of Disney's best kept secrets. Great food, character interaction, and atmosphere. We book it even if we have to pay OOP.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #10
rmgreenesq
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

I was also impressed with the character breakfast at the Cape May. My wife and I had breakfast there last Saturday morning. It was just the two of us. Seeing that we didn't have kids at the table, Goofy and Daisy came by, waved (we waved back) and moved on to the table next to ours that had three kids at it. They know their target audience and two middle aged adults dining without kids isn't it.

Rick
rmgreenesq is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: