DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 07:05 AM   #1786
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSD View Post
I had 3522 in 2011. I'll get some pics up. This year I had 4518 - that room, well, sucks as far as the view. Was so disappointed when I checked in.
My son and his family just had 4516..decent view of the GRR bear and nice greenery I thought. I had 4510 which is fine except the building juts out right at Mickey's Wheel of Death so not much view of WOC.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #1787
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Well I got my dates set (6/6-6/14) and staying in a Studio....I know, I know I had mentioned earlier we were interested in only a 1-bedroom, however DH and I discussed it and we decided that we would go down to a studio because we wanted to save points, plus we wanted to go for a longer time to check out other parts of Southern California.

Now with that all said, I know we would love to have a view of Paradise Pier (possibly WOC, but if not that is o.k.) and would like to know what your suggestions would be (and if anyone has any pictures of their studio views, I would love to see those as well). Also, how far away are the villas (with the theme park views) from the entrance to the parks?...either the entrance in GCH or the main entrances. I have read on the DLR threads that if our main concern is to ride RSR one morning, to go through the main park entrance rather than the hotel's entrance. Therefore, I was just curious how far away it is from the villas. Thank you to anyone who can help.
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #1788
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 View Post
...I know we would love to have a view of Paradise Pier (possibly WOC, but if not that is o.k.) and would like to know what your suggestions would be (and if anyone has any pictures of their studio views, I would love to see those as well).
The only studios with WOC view are: 6504, 5504, 4504, 3504
These studios have a partial view of Paradise Pier: 5510, 4510, 3510

This quote sums up the view from x510
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
...I had 4510 which is fine except the building juts out right at Mickey's Wheel of Death so not much view of WOC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 View Post
...how far away are the villas (with the theme park views) from the entrance to the parks?...either the entrance in GCH or the main entrances.
All the villas are located in the same wing of the hotel, so the view does not change the walking distance. It will generally be better to use the main entrance at park opening.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #1789
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
There are a few handicap parking spaces in the small lot, otherwise the lot is used for valet. I don't know about free valet, however those few handicap parking spots seem inadequate for the size of the Grand.
Technically if there are no disabled spots available up front they are supposed to give you complimentary Valet parking as an ADA exemption, but check your bill before you leave. We stayed Saturday night last weekend and they charged us even though we had a placard and no spots were available. I didn't open the bill until we got home and they charged us. It was only one night so I didn't sweat it, but I will always check the bill before checking out in the future.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #1790
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Technically if there are no disabled spots available up front they are supposed to give you complimentary Valet parking as an ADA exemption, but check your bill before you leave. We stayed Saturday night last weekend and they charged us even though we had a placard and no spots were available. I didn't open the bill until we got home and they charged us. It was only one night so I didn't sweat it, but I will always check the bill before checking out in the future.
This I didn't know. Thanks for the info
Hollywood Glitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #1791
sueandyong
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockotaco View Post
I am sure this is posted somewhere but I am looking for 2 bedroom villa suggestions. Would like park/ world of color views.
We stayed in room 4500 earlier in the year. Great view from the balcony to see WOC. Awesome 2BR villa if you stay here.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #1792
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

A big huge thank you to Nonsuch for the fabulous room request advice!!

Checking in for our stay last Friday (11/23) morning at 6:30 am the cast member confirmed that they had my very specific room requests. She was pretty suprised that I was in the know as it was our first time at that resort! I said I did some research, to which she replied "Well then your research should definitely be rewarded" I knew she could not tell me the room number but I took that as a sign that it was a good one!

We got the text around 3 pm that our room was ready.... I was so excited!! It was 6502!!!

2014-November-Disneyland VGC 2013-Christmas at Aulani2012-November-Grand Cali 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Cinderpamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #1793
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderpamela View Post
A big huge thank you to Nonsuch for the fabulous room request advice!!
You are very welcome
Quote:
...I knew she could not tell me the room number...
While the CM will not tell you the room number, it is printed on the registration form you signed
Knowing the room number at 6:30AM could be helpful if you wanted to change the room assignment. Few guests have checked in that early, so there would be a little flexibility. Late in the afternoon, it is unlikely any changes can be made.

There is some speculation that early reservations might be given priority for room assignments. How far in advance did you book?
Old 11-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #1794
DISNEYFOURME
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We got the text around 3 pm that our room was ready.... I was so excited!! It was 6502!!!
Oh nice..we were in room 3502 in March 2011 and LOVED it!
DISNEYFOURME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #1795
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
You are very welcome

While the CM will not tell you the room number, it is printed on the registration form you signed
Knowing the room number at 6:30AM could be helpful if you wanted to change the room assignment. Few guests have checked in that early, so there would be a little flexibility. Late in the afternoon, it is unlikely any changes can be made.

There is some speculation that early reservations might be given priority for room assignments. How far in advance did you book?
I've found that if the room is not ready, it shows xxxx under room number.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #1796
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I've found that if the room is not ready, it shows xxxx under room number.
The room has always been listed on the registration form since I started looking for it. Several visits to the villas and hotel over the last couple years
The number was listed even though the room was not ready.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #1797
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We booked right at the 7 month mark, and then I Emailed Member Services with your handy dandy request list for one bedrooms about 3 days later.

2014-November-Disneyland VGC 2013-Christmas at Aulani2012-November-Grand Cali 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Cinderpamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:16 AM   #1798
Goofy4Pooh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSD

I had 3522 in 2011. I'll get some pics up. This year I had 4518 - that room, well, sucks as far as the view. Was so disappointed when I checked in.
Thanks! Would love to see you pics of 3522 8 Bummer about the room this year. Hope you get a better choice next time!

1981 Honeymoon at WDW
1991 First trip back with DH, DS (9), DD (3)
1992 ~ 2010 60+ trips to WDW
Have stayed at Disney Village Resort (which became The Disney Institute and is now Saratoga Springs Resort) The Contemporary, Dixie Landings (which is now Port Orleans Riverside), Caribbean Beach, All Star Music, Movies & Sports, Pop Century, and The Wilderness Lodge
May 2010 became DVC Member (Home base is DGC) and have stayed at SSR, VWL, AKV, and OKW. Sept 2011~ 30th Anniv at DGC Disneyland!
Goofy4Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #1799
floribr1
Mouseketeer

Non-villa rooms in the GC Villa wing

First of all, I just want to thank everyone for all of the wonderful information that is contained in this thread! As a complete DL newbie, this has been invaluable to me. I am well-acquainted with WDW and DLP, but know virtually nothing about the West Coast resort. But the education has been fun!

I have been studying the maps, and I notice that all of the DVC rooms in the Villas wing are in the format x5xx, e.g., 1506, 2506, 3510, 4510, etc. However, there are some rooms in this category that are not DVC rooms, e.g., x503, 1500, 1511, 1513. Does anybody know what is the deal with these rooms? My only guess is that these rooms represent the 2% of inventory that DVD is required to hold for rentals... but that is just a guess.

Does anybody know?

Thanks again!
floribr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #1800
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by floribr1 View Post
I have been studying the maps, and I notice that all of the DVC rooms in the Villas wing are in the format x5xx, e.g., 1506, 2506, 3510, 4510, etc. However, there are some rooms in this category that are not DVC rooms, e.g., x503, 1500, 1511, 1513. Does anybody know what is the deal with these rooms?
Those are regular hotel rooms. The confusion about those rooms was part of my motivation to create the floor by floor maps.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: