Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #781
ah1126
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug0506 View Post
Okay, I am back again for some more gift idea help I would like to get something small around $5-7 for the two little girls in my son's Kindermusik class. They are both 3. My mind is drawing a blank - can anyone help?
Target and Walmart have little princess dolls that are like Polly Pockets. My DD2 loves anything princess and these are just her size. I hope this helps!
ah1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #782
bamadismom
Earning My Ears

Snapfish has woven blankets 50% off and desktop calendars 3 for $14.99.

I'm doing vintage window frame shelf picture frames for mil, gmils, sils and aunt. I already have the frames just need to paint them and put the pictures in. I'll also get me, mil and aunt the desktop calendars. Nieces and nephews are getting Walmart bf deals, $5 princess barbies, $5 hot wheels, $20 leapster, $18 rocking pink pony, and $5 doll stroller I think there's a few more I can't think of right now. I don't know what I'll get my mom and dad, all grandparents will get photo calendars.

We are at Disney right now so that's our main gift to each other. Me and dh will give/get a couple small things like clothes or a joint gift for the house.
Ds2 is getting a power wheels four wheeler I bought used in great condition and a tool bench for his big Santa gifts. He will get a couple small things from us like dvds, vacuum, books, puzzles, trucks and whatever else I find a good deal on at black Friday.

This is my first post here and I'm glad I found y'all! I love Christmas and shopping
bamadismom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 07:08 AM   #783
brendasol
Love that mouse!

We are done with our kids....woohoo!!!!

Now I need to find a fabulous recipe using apples for our family Christmas cooking competition! Anyone have an unbeatable idea?????

I've started to secretly pack for our upcoming disney Christmas surprise trip, I can't wait to see the look on the kids' faces

1st family trip Polynesian 2008, Wilderness Cabin Halloween Haunt 2010, Kadani Village 2012, Old Key West surprise Christmas 2012, Saratoga Springs star wars weekends 2013, Disneyland June 2013, Wilderness Cabins Halloween 2013, 3 generation Christmas Saratoga Springs 2013,Cabins Sept 2014, Princess Enchanted 10K Feb 2015
Me , DH , DS (15), DD (13), DD (8), DD (7)

brendasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:13 AM   #784
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Quote:
Okay, I am back again for some more gift idea help I would like to get something small around $5-7 for the two little girls in my son's Kindermusik class. They are both 3. My mind is drawing a blank - can anyone help?
Agree on the mini princess dolls -- those are usually good. Disney Store had some small Minnie Mouse cars and Ariel cars near the front. Target also has the mini baby dolls (think Wal-mart does too) and you can hit Ross or Marshall or TJ Maxx to see what is there -- I picked up a Dora jewelry set for about $5-6 for my niece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiest mommy View Post
Hi guys loving all the ideas and the progress alot of you have made so far, I'm needing an idea of what to give my DD piano teacher TIA
I always love giving GCs because it fits everyone! I like doing Target ones because you can use it for necessities, luxuries or even Starbucks inside the store. You can consider local lunch places or local movie theater. Otherwise, think it depends on her interests.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #785
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sometimes you can find Beanie Boos for around that price on Amazon. For example.

http://www.amazon.com/Ty-Beanie-Boos...ds=beanie+boos
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #786
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiest mommy View Post
Hi guys loving all the ideas and the progress alot of you have made so far, I'm needing an idea of what to give my DD piano teacher TIA
Maybe a Lands End or LL Bean tote bag in her favorite color?
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #787
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendasol View Post
We are done with our kids....woohoo!!!!

Now I need to find a fabulous recipe using apples for our family Christmas cooking competition! Anyone have an unbeatable idea?????

I've started to secretly pack for our upcoming disney Christmas surprise trip, I can't wait to see the look on the kids' faces

Here is a recipe that I have for apple muffins and they are delish. I've made them several times and they are yummy:

Topping
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Batter
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk (or use 1 tsp vinegar in 1 cup milk)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 cups diced apples

Directions:
Topping-mix all together, until mixture forms crumbs. Set aside

Batter- Whisk together egg, buttermilk, butter, and vanilla. Stir in sugar.
Without mixing, add flour, baking soda, salt and apples. Stir just until combined. Do not over mix. Spoon into muffin cups. Sprinkle with the topping.

Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.

Now, this one, I haven't personally tried, but it sounds delish and I think you can find the recipe for it on pinterest, but, you dice up apples and cook them on the stove with whatever you usually use for pie filling (brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, whatever) until they are tender. Then you use canned cinnamon rolls and I think you can get 3 or 4 of this mini pies out of one roll, but you press the cinnamon bun into a greased muffin pan, fill with apple filling, then put a pie crumb on top (I plan to just use the topping from the above recipe since we all liked it). Then you bake according to the cinnamon bun directions and when they come out, drizzle the icing on top. I think they sound delish and I plan to try them on Thanksgiving morning

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #788
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

I have a cousin who is about 30, and is a middle school teacher. Any ideas for Christmas presents for her?

theworldneedscolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:19 AM   #789
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Get her something non-school related.

A restaurant gift card, a sweater, a fleece throw, a gift card to the movies...

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:11 AM   #790
brendasol
Love that mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
Here is a recipe that I have for apple muffins and they are delish. I've made them several times and they are yummy:

Topping
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Batter
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk (or use 1 tsp vinegar in 1 cup milk)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 cups diced apples

Directions:
Topping-mix all together, until mixture forms crumbs. Set aside

Batter- Whisk together egg, buttermilk, butter, and vanilla. Stir in sugar.
Without mixing, add flour, baking soda, salt and apples. Stir just until combined. Do not over mix. Spoon into muffin cups. Sprinkle with the topping.

Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.

Now, this one, I haven't personally tried, but it sounds delish and I think you can find the recipe for it on pinterest, but, you dice up apples and cook them on the stove with whatever you usually use for pie filling (brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, whatever) until they are tender. Then you use canned cinnamon rolls and I think you can get 3 or 4 of this mini pies out of one roll, but you press the cinnamon bun into a greased muffin pan, fill with apple filling, then put a pie crumb on top (I plan to just use the topping from the above recipe since we all liked it). Then you bake according to the cinnamon bun directions and when they come out, drizzle the icing on top. I think they sound delish and I plan to try them on Thanksgiving morning
Thank you so much for sharing! I will definitely give these a try....yum!!!

1st family trip Polynesian 2008, Wilderness Cabin Halloween Haunt 2010, Kadani Village 2012, Old Key West surprise Christmas 2012, Saratoga Springs star wars weekends 2013, Disneyland June 2013, Wilderness Cabins Halloween 2013, 3 generation Christmas Saratoga Springs 2013,Cabins Sept 2014, Princess Enchanted 10K Feb 2015
Me , DH , DS (15), DD (13), DD (8), DD (7)

brendasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #791
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
I have a cousin who is about 30, and is a middle school teacher. Any ideas for Christmas presents for her?
A giant bottle of Tylenol..........kidding!! Seriously, I have two middle schoolers, bless her heart and patience!

How about a Barnes & Noble gift card, that way she can use it on her classroom or personally.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #792
Manders77
Mouseketeer

I think I am done with my kids Xmas presents besides getting some stocking stuffers. I ended up getting my daughter the Toys R Us Doc McStuffins dolls, since BJ's was out of them when I went back. I got the last ones at Toys R Us. I always tell myself when I see it to just get it, but I didn't this time. Oh well. I have to look in my storage unit for the other stuff I have collected previously that she and my son will get this year. Once I know everything, I will list it out. I may do alittle black friday shopping for dvd's. other than that, I AM DONE! DH's best friend is a manager at CVS, so those small stocking stuffer deals I will be able to get anytime (he'll just hold it for me).

Time to get through Thanksgiving and then this coming weekend, time for Christmas decorations. YEAH!!!!
Manders77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #793
lyncecelia
DIS Veteran

We finished sibling store shopping this week and will be doing that with the kids Black Friday! Also FH's big gift is in the mail. I'm so excited for him to get it! Just waiting for a check to come through to finish up...

Me (25)DF (33) *DF's Kids*:DSS12DSD11DSD10 DSS6
Met on the DIS, and going strong
Our Planning Journal

May 10th 2010-First date at Kona...October 2011-first trip together...April 21st-29th 2012-first trip with the kids...October 3rd-6th 2012-adults only trip
lyncecelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #794
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

I officially have my DH started. I have the list of what to buy each kid done and I have started them. I hope to have kids done on BF. Now to move onto the hard people the Parents & Grandparents! The Grandparents will most likely be gift cards. I know what to get my mom, Dad, and Stepmom but I am at a lost for DH's parents. I hate just giving gift cards to them.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:30 PM   #795
moonpie85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehough View Post
Can anyone help me with some ideas for my MIL? Normally I flat out refuse to buy her anything she doesn't ask for, because I have bought her a lot of gifts over the years that I put a lot of thought into and then I literally have never seen any of them again. But, we asked her what she wants and she gave us ONE idea. DH insists that we can't just buy her one gift, and her birthday is coming up in December as well, so I need more ideas!

She is retired and well, kind of...reclusive. She doesn't go anywhere or do anything if she can avoid it- the one exception is that she does travel sometimes (though we have travelled with her and she is just as reclusive when travelling! She stays in her room!). I'm trying to think of something travel related I could get her, but she's kind of snobby about stuff and I'm not sure she'd use it- it would have to be something really new and different. But I'd be open to any travel ideas you have.

The one thing she asked for is a robe. Normally with someone so difficult I would start to think about the personalized, nostalgic stuff, but I've done a photo calendar before and one year I took the kids to one of those paint your own pottery places and we made her a platter, and I never saw the calendar or the platter ever again. I just have NO ideas for her whatsoever.
What about Scentsy? If she's home alot maybe she would enjoy her home smelling wonderful. Of course I sell it so I'm bias
October 2011- Pop Adoption Celebration Trip
December 2013- Pop Holiday Palooza

Me DH DD3 Pommie Weenie

moonpie85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: