Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #31
DisneyRunnerGirl
If you see me sitting in a rocking chair, it's because I'm tying my running shoes.

I wore my new SparkleTech Minnie Mouse print with a black tank for the Tower of Terror and loved it.

However, I did not wear a fuel belt which will be a must for me in the full. When I wear a fuel belt, I am most comfortable when I tuck my shirt in, so I am thinking of going with black shorts with zippered pockets (my usual) and this shirt caught my eye. I figure this is the perfect mantra for my first full.

"KEEP CALM and RUN ON"

I found this on Gone for a Run (along with lots of other things that are going on my Christmas list )

Old 10-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #32
goofeygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey View Post
I'm just working up to my first 5K, maybe if I can keep up the training, the 1/2 will be in 2014. Do people dress up for the 5K?
I am doing the 5k too and I think I will dress up...why not?
goofeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #33
Stitch_lover_Sith
So I want to weigh in on this discussion

Costumes for Running

Well I did a local 5K fun run as the Black Widow with blonde hair because I could not find a wig. Wore black running tights, black half zip running top, black sports bra and my belt was a fuel belt. black of course. Not only were people able to accurately say what I was I also got a PR for the distance. Planning on having the Widow come out for the Marathon.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #34
Swmr359
Princess in training

I did the 2010 and 2011 Princess 1/2's as Ariel. I just used regular running clothes. In '10 I glued a tiara to a visor and in '11 I wore a bow.

For 2013 I'm thinking of dressing as Merida and making my own running costume.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #35
mufasa0505
DIS Veteran

I'm thinking about running as Candace Flynn. All I need is a white running skirt and a red top. I have reddish-blond hair, so I'm all set there.

Disney Bride
September 19, 2005

mufasa0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #36
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa0505 View Post
I'm thinking about running as Candace Flynn. All I need is a white running skirt and a red top. I have reddish-blond hair, so I'm all set there.
Cute idea!

I did Wine & Dine last weekend as Minnie. Black top, red skirt with white polka dots (clearance rack find) over black running capris. Topped with Minnie ears from the park. That headband was tight! But I made it.
I might wear the same thing for the full marathon, but I haven't decided yet.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #37
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
Cute idea!

I did Wine & Dine last weekend as Minnie. Black top, red skirt with white polka dots (clearance rack find) over black running capris. Topped with Minnie ears from the park. That headband was tight! But I made it.
I might wear the same thing for the full marathon, but I haven't decided yet.
I'm doing Minnie too for the full. I got the head band too, the sequin one witht the red bow. I don't think I'm going to be able to run with it on. I have a red bondi band that I might see if I can sew on black circles for the ears. Someone else had said they wore the bondi band under the head band and it stayed in place. It's too tight for me right be hind my ears.
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
ColleenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #38
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
I'm doing Minnie too for the full. I got the head band too, the sequin one witht the red bow. I don't think I'm going to be able to run with it on. I have a red bondi band that I might see if I can sew on black circles for the ears. Someone else had said they wore the bondi band under the head band and it stayed in place. It's too tight for me right be hind my ears.
I'm thinking of getting one of the kids Minnie hats they sell in WDW. It's a baseball style hat with ears. It is adjustable and my head is apparently small enough to fit! If it's cold enough (and I'm walking more than running), I don't think it will be too sweaty.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #39
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
I'm thinking of getting one of the kids Minnie hats they sell in WDW. It's a baseball style hat with ears. It is adjustable and my head is apparently small enough to fit! If it's cold enough (and I'm walking more than running), I don't think it will be too sweaty.
Oh duh! I didn't even think of that. DD has 2 of them. Time to dig through her closet.
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
ColleenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #40
robynslp
Mouseketeer

I will be running as Tigger. I have an orange top and skirt that I need to sew (glue?) Tigger stripes on. I have knee socks to match. I am considering using one pair for arm warmers (I have to run in a wrist splint and feel like a total dork). I need to attach some sort of Tigger ears to my visor. I'm still on the fence about a tail. This is my first full so I don't want to have too much to drive me crazy.
robynslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #41
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey View Post
I'm just working up to my first 5K, maybe if I can keep up the training, the 1/2 will be in 2014. Do people dress up for the 5K?
I ran the Royal Family 5k last Feb and saw many people dressed up.

For those who are thinking about how to make ears/headbands, I have these pinned on Pinterest.

http://spoonful.com/crafts/mickey-an...7CKN%7CfamM%7C

http://somedaycrafts.blogspot.com/20...hirts-and.html (scroll down for a pirate headband)
poohbear8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #42
CariBelle
Earning My Ears

I think I'm dressing up for the 10K, either as Alice or Belle (in her blue gear). I'll wear black running capris, either the Alice or blue Belle Raw Threads shirt and add the correct bow to my hair. Maybe a tutu if I find the time to make it.
For the half I'll be wearing my usual gear, running capris and team tshirt.
CariBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #43
sumptimwong
Earning My Ears

Last year my wife and I ran with a group of 4 other friends and we all wore black tank tops with red shorts, then the sewed two large yellow "buttons" (large circles cut out of felt) onto the front of our shorts. We even added a little black shoe string tail to the back side of the shorts. It was a hit with the other runners and spectators.

This year we're in a bit of a pinch as the wifey injured her knee and I will be (trying to) push her in a wheelchair. If you guys have any fun ideas that would work around the wheelchair that would be awesome.
sumptimwong is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: