Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #3451
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Here is one of our videos of our reveal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi-a56uox0I
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #3452
GMU MOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmouse View Post
My son is not quite 2 and they told me to make sure I had a birth certificate to show at check in. I had to show it last time we flew too. Maybe to prove he is mine.
I think in your case you need to show birth cert only to prove to the airline that he's under 2.
Last week when we traveled, TSA only asked the kids a couple questions like their full name and age. We did not have to show their ID's. They are 11 and 5.
GMU MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #3453
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post

So cute! Our youngest is named Catherine, we call her Cate
January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining

~~~~~~~~~Taking a Disney Break! Not sure when we'll be back...~~~~~~~~~
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #3454
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569

Cute!!!

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #3455
disney mom of 6
Mouseketeer

Quote:

This was so cute. I love the way the little one just wanted to get right to the present.

Have a great time

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarfblatt View Post
Wait... I was told I wouldn't need birth cents for the kids. Do I ????
We need ours but only because we have a lap baby. He is 1yr old. Its just to show he is still under 2.

disney mom of 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #3456
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarfblatt View Post
Wait... I was told I wouldn't need birth cents for the kids. Do I ????
I took a BC for my 5 year old DGD in April since our last names are different and they never even asked to see one! Don't think you'll need one unless there is a question of age.

Quote:

I loved watching the video, but didn't get any sound. Still, so cute! Thanks for posting so quickly. Hope your trip is going well.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #3457
hmansure
DIS Veteran

The countdown has finally reached zero!!!! On our way!!
2011- BLT (Aug);DCL Dream (Aug); SSR (Aug); 2012 - AKV (Nov); 2013 - DLH (Jun); PPH (Nov); 2014 - DCL Dream (DVC Member Cruise, Aug); BWV & BCV (Aug)
DVC Trades - Asheville, NC (2000); Charleston, SC (1999, 2007); Washington, DC (2007); Williamsburg, VA (2008); Smugglers Notch Resort (2013)

hmansure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #3458
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

well we are back. we had a fantasticly awesome time. Dh is hooked and cant wait to go again. I will prob be starting my trip report now that i am back at work and have nothing to research lol. Hope everyone who has gone had an awesome time and everyone that is getting ready to go has a fabulous vacation.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #3459
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

We are here! We had a blast last night at MVMCP! It was an awesome time.
We got to the partk right at 4 and were able to watch the castle show, ride tomorrowland Race track, mad tea party, dumbo and see Minnie and Daisy before heading down Main Street to get in line for Santa before the party started. We ate dinner in line. Saw Santa, Saw the Princesses/Prince. We got cocoa and cookies. Then we rode Buzz 3 times, the People Mover 1x. We watched the Tomorrowland Christmas Show, Rode Buzz again. Then we watched the Fireworks, the Castle Christmas show and the 2nd parade. After the parade we got a snack, rode Peter Pan and the carousel and then left the park.

It was a lot of fun. We saw all the shows, saw the characters we wanted to see and rode some rides. What more could you ask for?

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #3460
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

We will be going thru security with a liquid antibiotic now. I had to take DD to the doctor yesterday. She has double ear infection. Just how we want to get started...at least we found out before we left. This gives her time to get the meds in and working. The plane ride would have been horrible for her. We leave Wednesday after we pick her up from school to head to the airport for the night. We can't wait.

Today she had the pinewood derby and bake-off. Her car got stuck on the track the first time down. It made it down the next time. She did get 2nd place for the bake-off with the orange-cranberry cookies with orange glaze she made.
kaileighbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #3461
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

First day was a blast!

We checked in at 10am. Because we used online check in the process took mere minutes. The room wasn't ready but they gave us the keys and told me they would text me when it was ready.

We walked all of AoA. It's a beautiful resort. It doesn't scream "value" to me at all. Great for the kids.

We got into the room, went swimming, came back and showered and then went to DTD. Left there and went to a friend's restaurant in Orlando.

Back at the room now enjoying hot chocolate and Irish cream. Looking forward to a full night rest and Epcot in the morning!
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #3462
disney mom of 6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
well we are back. we had a fantasticly awesome time. Dh is hooked and cant wait to go again. I will prob be starting my trip report now that i am back at work and have nothing to research lol. Hope everyone who has gone had an awesome time and everyone that is getting ready to go has a fabulous vacation.
So glad you had a good time. Thats great your Dh got hooked. It makes planning easier when they are on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
We are here! We had a blast last night at MVMCP! It was an awesome time.
We got to the partk right at 4 and were able to watch the castle show, ride tomorrowland Race track, mad tea party, dumbo and see Minnie and Daisy before heading down Main Street to get in line for Santa before the party started. We ate dinner in line. Saw Santa, Saw the Princesses/Prince. We got cocoa and cookies. Then we rode Buzz 3 times, the People Mover 1x. We watched the Tomorrowland Christmas Show, Rode Buzz again. Then we watched the Fireworks, the Castle Christmas show and the 2nd parade. After the parade we got a snack, rode Peter Pan and the carousel and then left the park.

It was a lot of fun. We saw all the shows, saw the characters we wanted to see and rode some rides. What more could you ask for?
Sounds like you did a lot of things and had a blast. So exciting! I have been trying to figure out the timing to do the fireworks, castle show and 2nd parade without having to find different spots for all three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileighbug View Post
We will be going thru security with a liquid antibiotic now. I had to take DD to the doctor yesterday. She has double ear infection. Just how we want to get started...at least we found out before we left. This gives her time to get the meds in and working. The plane ride would have been horrible for her. We leave Wednesday after we pick her up from school to head to the airport for the night. We can't wait.

Today she had the pinewood derby and bake-off. Her car got stuck on the track the first time down. It made it down the next time. She did get 2nd place for the bake-off with the orange-cranberry cookies with orange glaze she made.
Sorry about the ear infection. I hope she feels better soon.
Congrats on winning 2nd place in the bake-off!

Quote:
First day was a blast!

We checked in at 10am. Because we used online check in the process took mere minutes. The room wasn't ready but they gave us the keys and told me they would text me when it was ready.

We walked all of AoA. It's a beautiful resort. It doesn't scream "value" to me at all. Great for the kids.

We got into the room, went swimming, came back and showered and then went to DTD. Left there and went to a friend's restaurant in Orlando.

Back at the room now enjoying hot chocolate and Irish cream. Looking forward to a full night rest and Epcot in the morning!
Glad you all are having a great time!

disney mom of 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #3463
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney mom of 6 View Post
Sounds like you did a lot of things and had a blast. So exciting! I have been trying to figure out the timing to do the fireworks, castle show and 2nd parade without having to find different spots for all three.
we did not stake out any of them in advance. We found a spot for the fireworks in front of the Plaza about 5 minutes before the fireworks started. Then we moved down to the Castle Stage for the show. We were about 6 or 7 rows back on the right hand side. THe girls were able to stay in their stroller and were able to see everything perfectly.

Then we walked to Frontierland and watched the parade between Country Bear Jamboree and The Shooting Gallery. We walked up 2 minutes before the parade stopped. There was one couple in front of us sitting on the curb. Again the girls sat in their stroller and my husband and I stood behind them. We had a perfect unobstructed view of the parade from there.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
Old 11-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #3464
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

Today was a beautiful non-crowded day at EPCOT. We had a great time exploring the World Showcase.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:29 PM   #3465
snarfblatt
Mouseketeer

Final countdown...

Everyone is packed, except last minute items
Boys still have no clue

And as Murphy's law would deem necessary one came one Pukey from school fri. We are officially 12 hours vomit free and if my older son plays his cards right I will let him out of his bubble before we board j/k
Of course because of that I forgot to get other sons homework to work on during the drive.... Uuugh

Total anxiety about this trip. Feel like I am on pins and needles.
The weather alone is driving me nuts. Being from the Midwest 73 can be tanks and shorts or long pants depending... So if anyone needs extra clothes next week I'm sure I can help!

What if they don't have fun... What if it isn't as magical as last time....

DS (9) DS (6) Dh ME
2000- All Star Music
2005- Sheraton Vistana
2010- Sheraton Vistana
2012- PORFQ
snarfblatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: