Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
kltigger
Mouseketeer

Early ADR @ MK and Now Park Hour Change

What to do - cancel or go?

DH and I have a 8:10AM ADR at CP and now the park hour opening has changed from 9AMto 8AM.

I know I can get into MK alittle before the 8AM opening so I should get a few photos of main street before crowd.

I've looked already to see if I could get a later ADR and there is nothing available.

Thoughts??

kltigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
mrobsch
Earning My Ears

I would love to hear some thoughts/advice too.

We are in the same boat - our pre-park Dec. 17 8:05 CP ressie is now post opening with the change to 8am opening. This is our first trip ever and first day at MK.

I was so proud/excited to show my DH how I had gotten us inside the park pre-opening, but I think the only choice is to just cancel. I really don't want the park filling up that first hour while we are busy eating. I have two girls and we need to get to Fantasyland before it fills up

I've heard so much raving here about the breakfast there, and the concept of pre-opening ADRs, and I am really sad to see it go, though. (But then again, we had too many TS booked anyway.)
mrobsch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Cancel, the first hour or two can make all the difference for MK when crowded,esp for a first time trip or little ones where Fantasyland is so important. Try for a lunch! We have been going for years and always do early morning pre opening breakfast in the parks but only in slow times. For future planning always look at prior years hours or google times guides for each parks prior year before booking to make sure Disney doesn't adjust. If we are going to travel during iffy times then we make a back up last seating breakfast or first seating lunch ressie just so we are covered, if park hours change then we can use the lunch ressie. Have you tried Poly for Ohanas' last seating, that would be a nice end to a morning in the MK and usually has openings.

Just checked and 1900 Park Fare is available on the 17th, this is in the Grand Floridian and has Madd Hatter, Pooh, Tigger, Mary Poppins I think

19 trips and plannin' the next 1

Last edited by wdwmaw; 11-17-2012 at 08:11 PM.
wdwmaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #4
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrobsch View Post
I would love to hear some thoughts/advice too.

We are in the same boat - our pre-park Dec. 17 8:05 CP ressie is now post opening with the change to 8am opening. This is our first trip ever and first day at MK.

I was so proud/excited to show my DH how I had gotten us inside the park pre-opening, but I think the only choice is to just cancel. I really don't want the park filling up that first hour while we are busy eating. I have two girls and we need to get to Fantasyland before it fills up

I've heard so much raving here about the breakfast there, and the concept of pre-opening ADRs, and I am really sad to see it go, though. (But then again, we had too many TS booked anyway.)

You honestly should avoid MK that day it is not recomended on the 17th. The first 2 hours for this park on this day will be your best to ride so get there early. If your on property then catch the 7:15 bus. As a rule we start walking toward the bus at 7 and then we catch the 2nd bus of the day. This will get you to the park early and will put you one of the first in the park. Is there anyway you can change your plans some. HS or Epcot are recomended.

19 trips and plannin' the next 1
wdwmaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #5
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Same thing happened to us during our first WDW visit. Except that I didn't realize the park hours had changed until we were walking up to the gates of MK. It was so incredibly disappointing.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
mrobsch
Earning My Ears

Hey,

Thanks for all the imput. I know the 17th isn't great, but it is what it is at this point. (We are going again the 20th, which should be much better) And we have CRT ressies that evening, (and no PH), so we are committed to MK that day.

I think our plan is going to be just breakfast in the room, hitting RD at 8, and an early BOG lunch, back to room for long break, and then spending the EMH night there for our only shot at MSEP/ fireworks.

I realized too late this could happen, but I guess it is better to know ahead of time than that morning. Next trip I'll plan it better.

Kltigger, what are you going to do?
mrobsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #7
mlittig
DIS Veteran

Sorry about the hour mix up but hope your trip is magical

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop 9/11 Pop 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/25/14 Old Key West 8/6/14 Old Key West
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #8
ncc1701
Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kltigger View Post
What to do - cancel or go?

DH and I have a 8:10AM ADR at CP and now the park hour opening has changed from 9AMto 8AM.

I know I can get into MK alittle before the 8AM opening so I should get a few photos of main street before crowd.

I've looked already to see if I could get a later ADR and there is nothing available.

Thoughts??
It depends on what is important to you.We had the same thing happen to us on our trip last week. We kept the ADR as we no longer need to see & do everything at the parks and eating breakfast at CP is one of our must dos
P.S. I got some photos of MS before the crowds
Old 11-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #9
kltigger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrobsch View Post
Hey,

Thanks for all the imput. I know the 17th isn't great, but it is what it is at this point. (We are going again the 20th, which should be much better) And we have CRT ressies that evening, (and no PH), so we are committed to MK that day.

I think our plan is going to be just breakfast in the room, hitting RD at 8, and an early BOG lunch, back to room for long break, and then spending the EMH night there for our only shot at MSEP/ fireworks.

I realized too late this could happen, but I guess it is better to know ahead of time than that morning. Next trip I'll plan it better.

Kltigger, what are you going to do?
Our day for DH & I for the AM change is December 18 which is a MVMCP day and Easy WDW recommends MK on that date.

We're going to MK on the 16th for the MVMCP and will ride a few rides then.

I'm still deciding but may change to LTT for early lunch, even though I had my heart set on CP.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #10
kltigger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncc1701 View Post
It depends on what is important to you.We had the same thing happen to us on our trip last week. We kept the ADR as we no longer need to see & do everything at the parks and eating breakfast at CP is one of our must dos
P.S. I got some photos of MS before the crowds
Thanks for your input, it helps to know that.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #11
ncc1701
Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kltigger View Post
Thanks for your input, it helps to know that.
You're welcome. They had an enterance for people w/ early ADRs to get in ahead of the regular guests.We got in about 10 mins or so before the official openning.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #12
SLamott1973
Earning My Ears

We had the same thing happen to us with CP reservations on 11/4/12. it was the first time we ever saw rope drop. We kept ours. while I went to check in with ds6, DH and DS 16 got us FPasses for space mountain. breakfast was great and crowds were low for that day, we didn't miss out on anything except for getting in before opening!

10/2014 Wilderness Lodge
11/2012 Wilderness lodge
4/2011 CBR
SLamott1973 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: