Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
glitterbug
Earning My Ears

Which vaction home resort ?

Hi All,
This will be our first trip to the world, and we are planning our trip in last 2 weeks november/1st week dec 2013 or last week nov/1st 2 weeks dec 2013 exact dates to be planned as no flights booked as yet.
There will be 6 adults me,hubby,2 sons, and 2 daughters plus our grandaughter so we thought a rental home would be best.
Ideally we would prefer to be within a 10 min drive if possible to the world and dont and our ideal budget is between £500/600 per week everything included ( pool heat tax etc )
We have said we dont mind if not on a new estate if we can get a cheaper property as would like to do the three weeks if possible.
Can anyone advise us the better dates avioding thanksgiving weekend/filming etc and vaction resorts keeping our budget in mind.
Any advice would be great.
Lisa
glitterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
Hasil72
DIS Veteran

Lisa, I'll respond in more detail when I'm not typing on my phone but you'll definitely want to steer clear of Thanksgiving week. As a big US holiday, many owners/mgmt companies will charge peak rates for the week. You shouldn't have trouble finding a villa you like in that price range. Many places will offer discounts if you rent more than 2 weeks. Try Emerald Island, Rolling Hills, or Windham Palms if Windsor Hills is too pricey. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions and I can send you some links.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 12:27 AM   #3
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

looks like for next year thanksgiving will be on the 28th of nov.

so would avoid Nov 23-30

always avoid dec 23 - jan 1

would also go with the list of homes that Hasil72 listed.

now if you want less expensive then you need to go further away - on us 27 in clermont - now these are newer - but with WDW - it is how close to WDW is what the charges are based on.

so an older home in emerald island (home section), in Kissimmee (city) would cost more than a newer home in clermont (city).

guess you have seem
http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals...disney-orlando

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:55 AM   #4
glitterbug
Earning My Ears

Thanks for your info, sounds like i def need to work out firm dates, could you give me more info on the locations of homes in clermont that are closet to disney within 15 mins if possible.
The list i have so far is indian creek, emerald island, windsor palms and windsor hills as these all look to be within 15 mins away.
Also where do i post about planning, what i need to ask the family, must see rides, shows, characters, restarants etc.
Lisa
glitterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
Dave1234
Mouseketeer

Hi Lisa - i'd recommend Windsor Hills and Emerald Island. If its your first time my main guidance on starting to look for quotes is know exactly what you are looking for and be clear around your requirements. The key to this is to be clear around your dates and party numbers then you can start to look for quotes from owners. I recommend going direct to an owner as that way you'll avoid all the travel agent rip off costs and an owner will spend far more time helping you with questions around the area in general, restaurants, getting to Disney, getting to/from airports etc.

If you need more help PM me. Windsor Hills is the most popular off-site resort in account of the first class facilities i.e. resort pool and its also the closest resort to Disney.

Dave
Dave1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #6
KingofSwing3000
Mouseketeer

Go here...

I recommend using FlipKey or Homeaway for your accommodations. Ex: my fam is staying in a 4br/3b villa 5 minutes from the Mouse for $62 a nite total. My wife and I just did a 2/2 next to Downtown Diz for $69.

RK
KingofSwing3000 is offline   Reply With Quote