Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 07:01 AM   #1
thr33boys
Mouseketeer

A few final Questions

We leave in 5 days, 1st family trip - can't wait but now I really need to think about how much money to bring and how to handle my cell phone package.

So, how much spending money do you normally bring for a 1 wk trip? We are on the dining plan so don't need money for that.

What do you do with your cell phone? Thinking of just adding on $15/month x2 for our 2 lines that will allow us to send 30 text messages while in the States - Rogers.

Thanks!
thr33boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
5Dreamers
Mouseketeer

If you are doing any Table Service Meals, you will still need to budget for tips. Other potential costs are tips for room cleaning, shopping/souvenirs, any any alcoholic/specialty beverages.

We also had 'Free Dining', but chose to bring our own bowls/spoons and buy milk and cereal for breakfasts in our room so the kids wouldn't be hungry when we first got to the parks.

We took walkie-talkies to communicate in the parks and did not turn our cell phones on while down there.

Hope you have a great trip!

2013 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside and MNSSHP
2012 - DCL - Disney Fantasy
2010 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside

Last edited by 5Dreamers; 11-08-2012 at 08:37 PM.
5Dreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

That cell phone package seems hefty- thats $1/text. If you have smart phones, you could consider just using wi-fi to send emails back and forth.

As for spending money, I assume you're flying and not driving- so you'll need tip money for anyone who handles your baggage, mousekeeping tips (we tip $2 pp/per day, souvenirs, alcohol, extra snacks, extra meals (only 2 meals per day on the DDP unless you're going deluxe), and TS tips. How much this will all cost depends on your personal spending habits and the number of people in your party.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
badiggio
Mouseketeer

As far as tipping goes for TS,6 or more people will get an automatic 18% tip added on to your bill.Looks like you'll be safe from that but even at 10% over 7 days that will add up
badiggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

In regards to tipping at TS they give a recommendation on the bottom of the receipt, it will show amount for 18% & 20%. Of course you can leave whatever amount you want.

We took $600 & that covered souvenirs, tips, breakfast or whatever meal wasn't covered on DP and lots of water. There are 3 of us & not our first time. It will all depend on size of family & how many souvenirs you want.

No matter what enjoy your first trip & have a magical time.

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
C&B Young
www.canadisney.com

We charge almost everything to our room using our Key to the World card (meal tips included). Last visit to WDW we only used cash for Mousekeeping & Magical Express tips and small incidental purchases.
C&B Young is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: