Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #16
asemaria
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

Worst case scenario - the water bottles get crushed (as is likely, if you've ever seen how the luggage is handled) and you ruin some one elses clothes/stuff. Yes, it does happen, which is why DCL does ask us to bring beverages onboard as carryons. You can be charged whatever necessary to fix any such problems.

Like PrincessShmoo sais: there is a reason why this isn't allowed. I understand why the porters agree to take the cases of water, they want the tip! IMHO DCL should enforce this rule! I would hate it if I were responsable for ruin others clothes, and I wouldn't like it if my suitcases were drenched in water just because people didn't want to follow the rules.

I truly understand that it seems to be such an innocent and practical thing to do, but the consequenses can be so big. We carried a few bottles of water with us onboard, and we had plenty left when we disembarked. The water on the ships is fine.
Please think about what can happen before you decide to break the rules.
WDW 2012 POFQ
DCL Fantasy Western Carribean april 2012
asemaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #17
mickeyfan1
Come and let me show you my tatoo
Let me drive you crazy.....

DCL reads here, a lot. Everytime someone decides that it is K o break the rules and do what they want, to save 27 bucks, or whatever, thy pay attention. Remember when EVERYONE here had to be 1st to arrive at the port, and kept posting as to how to do it? Remember when DCL decided toimplement the port arrival time and, OMG the world ended, enforce that rule. Perhaps one day DCL is going to say NO water or outside beverages will be allowed. The rule is to carry it on. How hard is that?
mickeyfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #18
minniewitch01
Earning My Ears

The water was not disguised in any way. The Disney luggage barcode was taped to the case if I was such a problem I know for a fact disney would of stopped it from coming on board like they do with irons and so on. I was totally ok with not being able to take it on this way but the fact take Disney took it means maybe water is ok cased like so. I'm thinking water is ok
Old 11-17-2012, 10:19 PM   #19
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmclanton View Post
Thank you. I assumed that was the case or I would have seen that suggested as something to do!
It use to be acceptable to do this; however, DCL stopped accepting liquids at their warehouse years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniewitch01 View Post
The water was not disguised in any way. The Disney luggage barcode was taped to the case if I was such a problem I know for a fact disney would of stopped it from coming on board like they do with irons and so on. I was totally ok with not being able to take it on this way but the fact take Disney took it means maybe water is ok cased like so. I'm thinking water is ok
One of the porters at PC posted here a couple years ago that they were getting in trouble with DCL for taking the cases of water, basically for reasons sited to prevent damage to other guests' luggage contents. We are lucky that DCL allows us to carry anything to drink on at all, IMO. They state that beverages need to be carried onboard in carry on luggage.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #20
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniewitch01 View Post
The rules from the website have been quoted and more than one person has given the reasoning behind it being so others' items don't get ruined by broken water bottles. To keep insisting that you think it's "okay" just because you were able to "get away with it" once simply implies that you don't care about the rules or anyone else's belongings.

Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #21
JustTJ
Luv Dising

How good/safe is the onboard water for using to make baby bottles of formula? We are traveling with infant twins, so that would be a LOT of bottled water we'd need to bring on board, and the thought of having to lug that around till our staterooms open, is not very appealing. Will the DCL staff boil water for us, and let us pour it into water jugs (similar to milk jugs) to keep in our stateroom?
2011 Disney Dream "Mommy & Tim" B2B Cruise
2013 Disney Fantasy "Escape From Winter" Cruise

2014 RCI Oasis "Birthday Cruise"
2014 Disney Fantasy "Halloween" Cruise
JustTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #22
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTJ View Post
How good/safe is the onboard water for using to make baby bottles of formula? We are traveling with infant twins, so that would be a LOT of bottled water we'd need to bring on board, and the thought of having to lug that around till our staterooms open, is not very appealing. Will the DCL staff boil water for us, and let us pour it into water jugs (similar to milk jugs) to keep in our stateroom?
The water onboard the ship is processed the same way as most bottled waters - reverse osmosis/filtered. You can order hot water from room service (like for tea). You can also get hot water at the drink station 24/7.

Personally, I would have no hesitation using the tap water for mixing formula. And, yes, I have children.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: