Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #6
MMrules
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravemouse View Post
I was thinking of going there, my mother loves anything that has to do with Africa! What is rent points?
You can go to the Disney Vacation Club part of these forums and go through Dave's rentals to rent the points. They also sometimes have points available through the timeshare store which can also be found under DVC on this site. basically you are renting timeshare points that a member isn't using. They will have to book the room for you so it will be out of your control at that point, but you can work with them to plan your days and rental. The villas at Animal Kingdom lodge and Wilderness lodge are my favorite b/c they are very comfortable, cozy and relaxing at night for some wonderful downtime. Depending on the time of year, the fireplaces are heavenly. A 2 BR suite would be a lot of points, but 2 studios would be much cheaper. Studios have a queen sized bed and a pull out sofa which I have slept on and are comfortable. Also nice to close for the extra space. The studios have a mini fridge and microwave so some small meals could be cooked in the room to save money. If you know the exact date you want to go and can book 11 months out in advance you may be able to get a value studio which is even less points and therefore will cost you less money. Your sister will love whereever she gets to stay because she is at Disney. Just tell her the AoA was booked and you couldn't get in. She will never know.
I highly recommend one of the lodges....I own at AKV and fell in love my first visit there

97-CBR, 98-CBR, 03-BC,04-DCL, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, 09-CBR, 11-WL (solo trip) BCV (1st DVC member trip) AKV, 12-WL, BCV, BWV 13-BWV 14-VWL

MMrules is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: