Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #20
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey&minniealways View Post
Love the Avatar movie and can't wait to see it come to Disney. However this type of coaster has absolutley no apeal to me. I am terrified of heights. I can do a few coasters like Big thunder Mountain as long as I close my eyes when on the outside parts. But this, no way. There are to many open air coaster like this at Universal. Hence the reason I have no interest in going there other than to maybe check out Harry Potter. Not enough themeing to go with a coaster of this type for Disney in my opinion.
~Hi mickey&minniealways! I didn't see Avatar at the movies, and I could not watch more than 30 minutes of Avatar at home! I really tried to get into this movie, but I just couldn't, it's sad because I wanted to love this film.

~Anyway, I totally understand where you're coming from. I don't know, but I just struggle with "who" I think Disney is trying to "reach" with Avatarland. I *think* Avatar would primarily appeal to the tween to young adult male demographic. My guess is that this group also makes up the majority of thrill seekers.

~While, I'm not a fan of Avatar the movie, I am still very excited for this vision to be realized at Animal Kingdom and I love the leaked plans. I just wasn't sure if it would be *enough* to draw in those thrill seekers. I totally agree that this coaster "as is" would not fit the park, or the aesthetic theme Disney strives for, but I would LOVE another coaster in Animal Kingdom and a night show!

~Currently, I don't know what to think. I wrote that post, the day *before* Disney bought Lucasfilm. Since that announcement, all we've been hearing about is StarWars Land at DHS, which is super exciting. So, right now, I'm just patiently waiting to hear more details about Avatarland.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: