Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
mickeysbestfriend
DIS Veteran

Quick dining report!

My wife and I just got back from a week at the world.

Here were our dining experiences:

Sunday night-Prime Time-I had the blue cheese lettuce wedge and onion rings and my wife had the fried chicken. It was more than enough to fill us up. My blue cheese wedge was perfect, crisp and tasty. As usual my wifes chicken was excellent! The beer was tasty as well Bob was our server and he was intermediate as far as interaction went but I did get scolded by other servers for elbows on the table and texting at the table

Monday we ate at San Angel Inn- This was a restaurant that had received three strikes but I went on my wifes request. We both had the tacos de carne and they were good, but the scallions they put on them made the tacos chewy and added nothing to the flavor. They need to leave these off. Our server was Lupita and she did an excellent job.

Tuesday we ate at Olivia's and I had the red grouper and my wife had the burger. She said her burger was as good as any she had eaten at Disney. My fish was perfectly cooked and delicious. I strongly recommend going out of your way to try this place!

Wednesday-we were away from the World and ended up eating at Subway with friends....EOS would have been ten times better!

Thursday-we gave Ohana' a try after it got bumped from our list for three strikes. To be honest, our meal was perfect! I love the chicken wings and the pot stickers were darn good. We LOVE the salad and the noodles were tasty and perfectly done. I tried the steak and it was perfectly medium rare and tender. The pork medallions were tasty and not over cooked. The chicken was a tad dry but not to the point where I didn't enjoy it and the shrimp...plentifull and of so tasty! The desert was of course delicious!

Our server was Yalila and she was terrific!

That's all folks!!

DVC owner-Old Key West
Stockholder
Annual pass holder
TIW member (hate the name)

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wtac9ku7u8.png
mickeysbestfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
cpirnak
Earning My Ears

Can I ask you a question about San Angel Inn? We have an ADR for February with my two daughters, almost 2 and 4. I live Mexican and I'm really hoping the atmosphere will entertain them enough that the adults can enjoy their dinner.
cpirnak is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #3
cpirnak
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpirnak
Can I ask you a question about San Angel Inn? We have an ADR for February with my two daughters, almost 2 and 4. I live Mexican and I'm really hoping the atmosphere will entertain them enough that the adults can enjoy their dinner.
Sorry, continued....

Do I need to ask for a seat close to the water and pyramid or is it a volcano, I can't remember. Or can they see well from pretty much anywhere? I know they'd get a kick out of waving to the boats going by.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
everythingALICE
I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpirnak View Post
Sorry, continued....

Do I need to ask for a seat close to the water and pyramid or is it a volcano, I can't remember. Or can they see well from pretty much anywhere? I know they'd get a kick out of waving to the boats going by.
You would need to request that. Most of the tables do have a view (even if they are not right by the water), but there are definitely small sections of the restaurant that are almost partitioned off from the main dining area that have no view at all.

everythingALICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
cpirnak
Earning My Ears

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know. I'd wait a bit for a better table to entertain the kids.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Glad you had a better experience at ohana than I did! I wasnt a big fan of the place. I admit thou, the bread, salad, chicken and dessert were pretty good. The rest was just 'meh'.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #7
kris4360
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysbestfriend
My wife and I just got back from a week at the world.

Here were our dining experiences:

Sunday night-Prime Time-I had the blue cheese lettuce wedge and onion rings and my wife had the fried chicken. It was more than enough to fill us up. My blue cheese wedge was perfect, crisp and tasty. As usual my wifes chicken was excellent! The beer was tasty as well Bob was our server and he was intermediate as far as interaction went but I did get scolded by other servers for elbows on the table and texting at the table

Monday we ate at San Angel Inn- This was a restaurant that had received three strikes but I went on my wifes request. We both had the tacos de carne and they were good, but the scallions they put on them made the tacos chewy and added nothing to the flavor. They need to leave these off. Our server was Lupita and she did an excellent job.

Tuesday we ate at Olivia's and I had the red grouper and my wife had the burger. She said her burger was as good as any she had eaten at Disney. My fish was perfectly cooked and delicious. I strongly recommend going out of your way to try this place!

Wednesday-we were away from the World and ended up eating at Subway with friends....EOS would have been ten times better!

Thursday-we gave Ohana' a try after it got bumped from our list for three strikes. To be honest, our meal was perfect! I love the chicken wings and the pot stickers were darn good. We LOVE the salad and the noodles were tasty and perfectly done. I tried the steak and it was perfectly medium rare and tender. The pork medallions were tasty and not over cooked. The chicken was a tad dry but not to the point where I didn't enjoy it and the shrimp...plentifull and of so tasty! The desert was of course delicious!

Our server was Yalila and she was terrific!

That's all folks!!
I have to say we ate at San Angel Inn a couple nights ago and it was great! Our server was Martin and he did an awesome job! I was skeptical cuz of reviews but glad I went with my feelings. Also Coral Reef on Thanksgiving was amazing! Ohana once again was awesome!
kris4360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: