Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #1846
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thmacs1 View Post
My DH , DS and I have a reservation for Deluxe King, RPC beginning 11/27-12-02. I was a bit skeptical about 3 in this room category but the CM did not seem to think it a problem. Will there be a day bed in this room? I know my son will not want to sleep on a roll away.
We stayed in a deluxe king jucuzzi tub room last year & it had a regular sofa, not a day bed. I know there is another type deluxe king too, but I don't have any info on that room, sorry. Page 1, post 9 has some deluxe room photos. Our room layout was slightly different, but the furniture looks the same.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #1847
baler31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My DH , DS and I have a reservation for Deluxe King, RPC beginning 11/27-12-02. I was a bit skeptical about 3 in this room category but the CM did not seem to think it a problem. Will there be a day bed in this room? I know my son will not want to sleep on a roll away.
Sorry I cannot contribute about the deluxe king , we do the deluxe queen frequently and get a rollaway. When we have a RPC standard my son sleeps on the daybed. He FAR prefers the rollaway and after sitting on both I can see why; the mattress on the rollaway is much newer, thicker and overall nicer than the daybed in our opinion.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #1848
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the links, cgulls, I'll check each one out later.

tatar63 - thanks for the updates on the decorations, awesome they have the tree up! I'm sure everyone heading there this week and next are very happy to hear the gingerbread house is in progress.

Cali-D - thanks for the turret info!

glovergirls - yes, they will bring you a rollaway in the deluxe rooms. (or any room, for that matter)

Quote:
The maximum occupancy of these rooms recently changed from 2 to 3, so you should be fine in that sense. Not sure about daybeds - they did not have them in the past, but with the occupancy change, they may have added them. If not, you will either need to put your son on the couch (small) or a rollaway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
So know one knows about the sailboats? Anyone there now have info?
Sorry, I haven't seen any sailboats at the marina - but they do list them, as you say, so there must be some available. Wish I could be more helpful.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 11-16-2012, 05:57 AM   #1849
tatar63
Earning My Ears

Sailboats

Andyman8-I will go down to the marina today & ask.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:59 AM   #1850
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatar63 View Post
Andyman8-I will go down to the marina today & ask.
Thanks you so much! By the way, hope you are having a grand time; enjoy your trip!
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
Old 11-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #1851
followthatmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
They started putting the gingerbread on the house this morning at 10:30, making good progress! They should be done with the gingerbread tomorrow, then will do the landscaping, etc. the store inside will open Monday morning

Last night they started hauling everything in for the tree and other decorations around 9:30. I stayed up watching til after midnight, peeked outside around 5:00 am and they were still working. We left our room at 7:30 & it was all done!
I hope you're having a wonderful time, tatar.

Are there any progress reports on these bits of festive gorgeousness?

Old 11-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #1852
tatar63
Earning My Ears

Holiday update

All decorations are up! The Gingerbread House is up & done on the outside, they just have to finish some stuff on the inside & pass inspection. They will then open up the store Monday. It is amazing....so beautiful !

The Sandy Cove wall is down & is opening Sunday.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:17 AM   #1853
jojomickey
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the update hope you are having a wonderful time!!!!!

Have you tried the food at the new pool bar?
Old 11-17-2012, 07:07 AM   #1854
itisamymc
Mouseketeer

I have also been wondering about the pool bar food. Is it good, fast, busy etc? Is the weather chilly? Should I bring a sweater or heavier jacket? We arrive 11/24.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #1855
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
All decorations are up! The Gingerbread House is up & done on the outside, they just have to finish some stuff on the inside & pass inspection. They will then open up the store Monday. It is amazing....so beautiful !

The Sandy Cove wall is down & is opening Sunday.
If you get the chance.. can you see if you can get some pics of the main pool construction?

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 11-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #1856
sndral
DIS Veteran

Just did my online check in, the system wouldn't accept my 'special request' (Sago Cay) so I called, the computer female voice tried to guess my address based on my name - she first guessed my son's address from 3 years ago, then asked for a zip, and guessed some address here in town, etc. finally after guessing a number of incorrect addresses the computer voice sent me to a live CM who listened patiently to my request then sent me to the online check in line which was a recording which...wait for it...asked if I wanted to take the survey or would I rather just hang up?
Phone call, take 2 - I cleverly avoided the wild what's your address guessing game of the computer voice by saying 'agent' and managed to have a human take my Sago Cay request.
I think this is training for the patience required to really enjoy a WDW vacation, and a tune up on the ability to laugh @ things - anyway, it amused me.
I did notice that you now must supply a credit card number to do online check in, whereas in the past you could always decline.
So, it's officially 10 days to go! In 4 days I'll do the online check in for phase 2 of the vacation - the YC.
Can't wait for my first stay @ the GF!
Old 11-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #1857
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! We made a last minute change and will be staying GF in December! My husband has always dreamed of staying here so I decided to surprise him! We weren't able to get an RPC room for our whole trip, so we will be in Sugarloaf for the first half, then transfer to RPC theme park for the last half. Any recommendations for requests in Sugarloaf? I heard to request marina view to stay away from the construction on the courtyard pool. I know it's only a request and not guaranteed, but can Wishes be seen from the balconies of Sugarloaf?

TIA!! Jenn

Old 11-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #1859
tatar63
Earning My Ears

Pool

I took pictures of the pool, but don't know how to post them from an iPhone?!?
They have hardly worked on it all week...layed some rebar & worked on ledge a bit. Hardly any change since last photos posted on this thread.

Have not seen a photo pass photographer yet.

We check out tomorrow around noon

Monica
Old 11-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #1860
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki
Anyone know if there is a photopass photographer in the lobby around this time of the year until Xmas? If so, any idea on the hours they are there?
I know in the past they have been there starting the week of Thanksgiving, usually in the late afternoon, evening.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: