Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #211
mm1971
DIS Veteran
 
mm1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 6,887

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Anyone play the game Rope n' Fly? It's a free App on iPad. It is a great time killer but fun.
The kids like it. I could never really get into it.
__________________
(Jim) (W) (DS13) (DD11)
DD# 714



mm1971 is online now  
Old 11-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #212
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave
 
theduck619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 8,703

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Anyone play the game Rope n' Fly? It's a free App on iPad. It is a great time killer but fun.
I'll have to look it up.

Watching UCLA vs. USC, good game so far.

Next....watch ND....Go Irish
__________________
(me - David) (DW) DS 9 & = 9 (twins) DS 8 DD 7 DD 4

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 6/18/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #213
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,952

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
The kids like it. I could never really get into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
I'll have to look it up.
I think of it like Spiderman, without red suit.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #214
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality
 
Twin Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,194

Afternoon gentlemen. Interesting night at work. I had a young coed at my table who was on a run. She won about $200 at my table and she had over $1200 in front of her. A guy asked what she was going to use the money for and she responded "A **** job."

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
He jumps in posts a bunch and disappears. Usually, his posts consist of 9 words, in three different posts.
Figures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
It's Wii U release weekend, I'm going to enjoy tonight and tommarow but I'm looking forward to Sunday morning (target doesn't have a midnight release ) anyone else getting one?
I'm planning to wait a little bit. The kids are just starting to get into games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I also made another decision yesterday. After spending so much time on the soccer fields last season, i decided to give up all that stuff. I found myself missing out on what was truly important. I'll still coach next season, but no more coordinator stuff or anything else. Time to get back to the important stuff - spending time with th family.
Good for you.
__________________
Me (Corey) DW DS (5) DD (5)
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #215
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly
 
RodBelding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mass.
Posts: 6,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Serious question from Crash to you guys.

She is running 3 times a week with two long runs of 12 miles. She is worried about needing to up the milage on the longer runs. Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
I'm pretty sure you said she's doing the full. If that's correct, I would probably rather up the milage on one of those runs and cut the milage back on one of them.
Hey CJ. If she can get at least 2 longer runs in before the end of december, it would really help her. If she's running that much she's def in good enough running shape, but it's good to experience a run of 16-18 miles so you know what you're going to feel like during the race. Some people call it "hitting the wall", but it's really just the point where your body is dehydrated and sore beyond a reasonable amount. That happens to people normally around miles 16-18, so if she could even run that far twice, she'll feel much better when she experiences it on race day.
__________________
_______________________________________________
Me (Paul) DW DD DS
RodBelding is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #216
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave
 
theduck619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 8,703

Nice wins by the Irish and the Bruins today
__________________
(me - David) (DW) DS 9 & = 9 (twins) DS 8 DD 7 DD 4

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 6/18/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #217
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,952

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Afternoon gentlemen. Interesting night at work. I had a young coed at my table who was on a run. She won about $200 at my table and she had over $1200 in front of her. A guy asked what she was going to use the money for and she responded "A **** job."
.


Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Nice wins by the Irish and the Bruins today
David continues to be happy. Will it be a Notre Dame vs Oregon Championship game?
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #218
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave
 
theduck619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 8,703

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post




David continues to be happy. Will it be a Notre Dame vs Oregon Championship game?
If Oregon is going to lose, it would be tonight. K State has a pretty easy go of it from here on out. So, I think thy will miss out unless they get some help. Watching the Senior Day intro was pretty cool!
__________________
(me - David) (DW) DS 9 & = 9 (twins) DS 8 DD 7 DD 4

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 6/18/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #219
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,952

Got everything done today.
Upwards basketball coaches meeting.
Indoor soccer with youngest dd.
Cut my hair.
Four loads of laundry.

Now, we're all sitting around and watching Tanked. No one else likes football, but I will get my NFL time tomorrow.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #220
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney
 
Jousey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Miwaukee, Wi
Posts: 922

Evening all, had a good day sleeping from working last night. Back to work tonight.
I guess while I was sleeping the dog nipped at DW and DS was a pain. Some days I am glad I am a sleep for some of this stuff. DW has the tree up and lights on so my guess is when I get home the house will be decorated for Christmas. First time it has happen before thanksgiving.
__________________
ME , DW, DS4 & The Dog

Jousey is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #221
moose615
DIS Veteran
 
moose615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Posts: 1,995

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy
Got everything done today.
Upwards basketball coaches meeting.
Indoor soccer with youngest dd.
Cut my hair.
Four loads of laundry.

Now, we're all sitting around and watching Tanked. No one else likes football, but I will get my NFL time tomorrow.
I got absolutely nothing done that I needed to get done today so I wasted today, I have to cram cleaning (sister in laws family thanksgiving next week ) gotta go pick up the wii u and games, and get all my eBay stuff ready for shipping Monday,

DD has her first dental procedure on Tuesday so that has me freaking out cuz they are sedating her but I know that's prob the only way to get it done
__________________
moose615 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #222
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,952

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
I got absolutely nothing done that I needed to get done today so I wasted today, I have to cram cleaning (sister in laws family thanksgiving next week ) gotta go pick up the wii u and games, and get all my eBay stuff ready for shipping Monday
DW cleaned the house today as well, but I refuse to clean for relatives. For me, we need to clean for ourselves and care less about others. But, there are very few relatives I want to spend time with, so I really don't care about them.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 07:40 PM   #223
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney
 
Jousey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Miwaukee, Wi
Posts: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

DW cleaned the house today as well, but I refuse to clean for relatives. For me, we need to clean for ourselves and care less about others. But, there are very few relatives I want to spend time with, so I really don't care about them.
LOL... I guess I am lucky I like most of mine but it makes me laugh to hear this, I can understand not wanting to be with some of the relatives.
__________________
ME , DW, DS4 & The Dog

Jousey is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #224
pbarager
DDC #720
 
pbarager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 85

I have a great wife. I'm hunting again for the the next few days and she always has me packed and loaded with baked goods. My buddies love it when I come along. More venison in the freezer is a good thing. BTW, I did buy a new crossbow today so sorry deer, you don't stand a chance!

Paul
__________________



Me (Paul) DW DD 11DD 9

December 2012 CSR December 2013 WBC!!
pbarager is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #225
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 3,593

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
I'll have to look it up.

Watching UCLA vs. USC, good game so far.

Next....watch ND....Go Irish
Things seem to be falling in place for the Irish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
I'm pretty sure you said she's doing the full. If that's correct, I would probably rather up the milage on one of those runs and cut the milage back on one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Hey CJ. If she can get at least 2 longer runs in before the end of december, it would really help her. If she's running that much she's def in good enough running shape, but it's good to experience a run of 16-18 miles so you know what you're going to feel like during the race. Some people call it "hitting the wall", but it's really just the point where your body is dehydrated and sore beyond a reasonable amount. That happens to people normally around miles 16-18, so if she could even run that far twice, she'll feel much better when she experiences it on race day.
Thanks guys, I will give her your advice. The big thing when she runs solo is hydration. She doesn't want to carry water or stop to get a drink. Not smart. Will probably suggest she does a couple of real long runs when she is on break. That way, I can set up a water stop in front of the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
DW cleaned the house today as well, but I refuse to clean for relatives. For me, we need to clean for ourselves and care less about others. But, there are very few relatives I want to spend time with, so I really don't care about them.
Totally agree. It is what it is. If you and Paul bring the trailer down, don't expect me to have the grass mowed.
cj9200 is online now  
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, cake, ddcc, dole whips, men



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.