Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
disfamly
Earning My Ears

Has anyone ever had a child play in the AAU tournament?

I'm not sure I am asking this in the right forum, so if you know of a better one please let me know.
Anyway, my son will be playing in the 2013 AAU baseball tournament. He is 8 so this is our first year. I was hoping maybe there is someone out there with some experience in this and can tell me what to expect.
I have a few questions but any thing would be helpful
so my questions are...I know there is a room discount, someone said the room would be $560 a week, does that sound right? how about ticket discounts, what are we looking at there? What is the cost of getting into the sports complex?
Also how about game play? I heard it's two games a day. What times do they play these? how much down time for parks is there?

this was kind of sprung on us last week end. I had no idea we were going to WDW in June. I'm really excited, but now I need to plan. Unfortunately it's hard to plan without knowing anything, lol.
thanks!
disfamly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfamly View Post
I'm not sure I am asking this in the right forum, so if you know of a better one please let me know.
Anyway, my son will be playing in the 2013 AAU baseball tournament. He is 8 so this is our first year. I was hoping maybe there is someone out there with some experience in this and can tell me what to expect.
I have a few questions but any thing would be helpful
so my questions are...I know there is a room discount, someone said the room would be $560 a week, does that sound right? how about ticket discounts, what are we looking at there? What is the cost of getting into the sports complex?
Also how about game play? I heard it's two games a day. What times do they play these? how much down time for parks is there?

this was kind of sprung on us last week end. I had no idea we were going to WDW in June. I'm really excited, but now I need to plan. Unfortunately it's hard to plan without knowing anything, lol.
thanks!
We have played the Sun and Surf tournament on Memorial day weekend the last two years. It was a great experience for the kids and parents to get together. It is not like being on vacation as you need to plan around the game times. We went down a day early and stayed a couple of extra days. It was REALLY busy, but we had fun. I would suggest getting the water parks added to your park tickets. The kids enjoyed the water parks during daylight hours and we did parks at night as it is really hot (one day was 103!).

We had 2 games per day. The fields are nice, but the shade is very limited. You get a room and discount package. Ours included admission to ESPN zone for the family as well. Down time depends on when your games are. The first year we had 2 games each morning, leaving a lot of down time. This last time our games were kind of scattered and we had a lot of time in between limiting the extra time to late afternoon/evening. The kids spent a lot of their time hanging with friends and swimming in the pool(s).

It was expensive, but the kids had a lot of fun and it is an experience they will always remember. Good luck. We stayed at CBR.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: