Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
Pat329
Mouseketeer

Review of our first time at Boardwalk Inn

I was very impressed with this resort. Everything is so beautiful from the grounds to the rooms. I was suprised at the number of weddings we saw while we were there too. We booked a water view room with king bed. We got a water view room on the 3rd floor very near the ESPN club. We were next to the last room on that floor. We didn't get the king bed but the view from our balcony made up for that. I loved the decor of the room and absolutely loved the little Minnie lamp on our Mickey/Minnie engraved desk. We were never bothered by any noise from the club or the boardwalk once the patio door was closed which surprised me. It was so nice to just sit on the balcony with our morning coffee and relax watching all of the activities below. We did the online checkin and never had to go to the desk for anything because it came with auto checkout too. Now for a few negatives. Housekeeping never showed up the last 2 days we were there. I reported it after the first day but that didn't seem to help. Be prepared to walk! They only have elevators off of the lobby which means if you are at one end or the other, like we were, you had a huge walk to and from your room. We asked an employee where our room was as we got off of the 3rd floor elevator and she 'jokingly' said "about 2 miles down that way". She wasn't joking, it really seemed like 2 miles that first time. Mornings weren't bad but after a long day at the park, it was rough. Another problem I had was that the only quick service options were the sandwiches at the Boardwalk Bakery or pizza unless you wanted to walk over the the Beach Club. All in all I would probably stay there again but ask for a room closer to the elevator. And as nice as the waterview room was, we found ourselves sitting down on the boardwalk a lot in the evenings so if I needed to save some money somewhere, I could book a non-waterview room and be satisfied.

Pat329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: