Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
CMA21
Mouseketeer

How long until you hear from a Wedding Planner?

So I just sent in my LOA last week, and got confirmation from my wedding consultant's assistant today that they received our deposit and signed contract

In the e-mail it says they'll process the contract and then over the next few weeks we can start planning with our DFTW Planner...but that's all it really says. So my question is how long on average is it usually before you actually hear from them??

I know with the Room Blocks and LOA the turn around time was about 2 weeks to receive everything and return it...so should I expect around another 2 weeks wait?

I ask 1.) Because I'm so incredibly anxious and can't wait to get the planning kit and everything and 2.) We really want to start planning a trip that would revolve around the Planning Session, but I'm assuming I should wait to schedule that until we get our Wedding Planner. I would hate to schedule a trip only to find that once I have my wedding planner we wouldn't be able to get a specific planning session date.

Any help or past experiences are appreciated!! Thanks!!

Getting Married 10/13/13 at WP and ADH!
CMA21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:36 AM   #2
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure what the answer is, but I'm in the same boat as you haha I can't wait to get my hands on a planning kit

My resort history: BoardWalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo and Kidani, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.
bradleyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

I would love to see the answer to this, too! We should be getting our LoA any day now and I hope the turn around is quick!

Married at the Wedding Pavilion & Grand Floridan - 2013

Disney Fantasy - October 2013 Honeymoon!
Disney Wonder - November 2014 Anniversary Trip

Expedition Everest Challenge - 2012
Disney Princess Half Marathon - 2012
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2013

Way too many WDW trips to count!
tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

Well I just got an email saying our LOA was received! It took about a week to get the LOA, we sent it back on Friday, they received it today and Pam's assistant said we should hear from a wedding planner early next week! Hope that info helps!

My resort history: BoardWalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo and Kidani, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
CMA21
Mouseketeer

Yeah, that definitely helps more then the message I got..haha.

I have Diane as my wedding consultant who is wonderful, but when her assistant e-mailed me yesterday (Monday) saying they received my LOA it was a very nice e-mail but then just said "You will be hearing from Diane and our team again soon." Hence, why I'm asking, since I have no idea what "soon" could be. But if they told you early next week, I can only hope I'll have the same luck!!

Old 11-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #6
CMA21
Mouseketeer

Wedding Planner

So I thought I would just give a quick update!

I got a phone call from Disney about my wedding planner!! The woman I spoke to said her name was Jessica I believe, and she said she was my wedding planner's assistant. She said my wedding planner was Pam, but she was feeling under the weather, so she wanted to call and just introduce herself and the wedding planner to me. I thought that was really nice, just to get a call before being bombarded with all the info..haha. She said early next week I would be receiving an email with her contact info and Pam's info and that it would include a lot of information.

Soo I'm excited to know I have a planner and heard from them already, but still a little lost as to who it is. I did some looking around and it looks like the only wedding planner with the name Pam is Pamela Mattack (so I'm assuming it's her?) I haven't heard too much about her or her assistant, but so far it seems good!!

Let me know if anyone has any experience with her please?!

Old 11-17-2012, 06:51 AM   #7
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

Yay! Glad you got one so quickly! I'm still waiting

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: