Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
MrsSDW
Mouseketeer

One more sleep!!! And random question about bananas.......

One more sleep to go!!! This time tomorrow we'll be at the airport. Our flight isn't till 2.30 but seeing as our DD hasn't been on a plane before we're going to get there at a decent hour to have a spot of lunch and look at some planes beforehand. Still haven't packed but I've laid all the stuff out and my DH is rooting around upstairs as I type getting his stuff ready. Can't believe we're off tomorrow!!!

Random query time. Is it permitted to put bananas in hold luggage? I realise this is a strange thing to want to take but my DD and DH do so love their bananas.
MrsSDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #2
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Wow it is nearly here - can't believe it either!

Actually, I can't help on the bananas but I am sure I have taken apples on flight and not had any problems....?

It's funny as in previous visits we have always been able to get bananas at DLH breakfast. We used to take 2 (one for each girl) to have mid morning as DLRP is a bit deficient in fruit! But in June they had none - I can't recall what fruit there was but it wasn't very child friendly - think there were huge apples which were very hard. I even asked one morning just in case they had some somewhere we had missed.

So, you are right to take them if you can .

Have a fabulous time - can't wait to hear about it all on your return .
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
netimka
DIS Veteran

we had bananas on lots of flight, its not a problem...

have fun
Old 11-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #4
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

In your hold luggage I'd be putting them in a tupperware or in sandwich bags at least so if they explode or get squashed when they throw your bags about they wouldn't go all over your clothes etc

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
MrsSDW
Mouseketeer

Thanks, guys! Good tip about the tupperware box. My wee DD has been racing around like a daftie and speaking in a silly voice all day long, she's that excited! Oh, to be 4 years old again.

All things being well, this time tomorrow we'll be nearing the hotel. Hooray!
Old 11-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #6
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSDW View Post
My wee DD has been racing around like a daftie and speaking in a silly voice all day long, she's that excited! Oh, to be 4 years old again.
Are you sure it's just your DD doing that...??? I've been doing that and we don't go for another 10 days!

So glad Carrie suggested Tupperware - I did have images of banana coated clothes!

Have a fab trip!!!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #7
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Have a great trip

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:18 AM   #8
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Have a great trip
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:09 AM   #9
MrsSDW
Mouseketeer

It's today!!!!! We'll be setting off for the airport in just under 2 hours time!!!!

Must share - got up to go to the bathroom about half 4 this morning and when I passed my DD's room I could hear the merry sound of an excited wee voice singing away to herself. She's currently rolling around on the floor amidst the goodies from her surprise Disney rucksack.

To everyone going in the next few days, have a wonderful time!!! Weather forecast is looking good. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!! I'm going to Disneyland!!!!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:42 AM   #10
Mummy Minnie
Mouseketeer

Have a fab time!

Santa Fe Nov 2000
Newport Bay March 2003
Hotel New York Dec 2007
Sequoia Lodge Oct 2011
Disneyland Hotel Nov 2012
Santa Fe Feb 2014 (deal of the century)

WDW October 2015 (hopefully)
Mummy Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:29 AM   #11
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

So you are back, did the bananas survive their flight

Sitting awaiting your post with highs and lows and then the TR

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:35 AM   #12
MrsSDW
Mouseketeer

Hi, Carrie!!

Ended up popping the bananas in the hand luggage and they survived the trip quite nicely.

We have had THE best time. I now completely and totally understand why people make trip after trip to DLP and still want more. My inlaws are coming round in a moment to look at our photos so I'd best drag myself out of my dressing gown to welcome them.

Will do highs (of which there are loads!) and lows (of which there are few!) later today. Trip report would be looooooooooooooooooooooooong!

Must just say, my DD came through to us this morning and her first words were: "I miss Big Thunder Mountain". Me too!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: