Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

Constructive criticism for my Disney blog

Background: Like many of you all, my wife and I are Disney zealots. Zealots...not crazy people

B\c people know we are a "Disney Family" we field LOTS of questions and are solicited for advice. We love it but I'm looking for a way to be more efficient.

So I decided to start a blog. Being that there are TONS experts on the DIS boards, I'm looking for any constructive criticism or suggestions for improving my blog.

Mind you, it's only in its infancy but I'd like to add a bit to it each day so that when friends and family have questions, I can say..."Here you go!:http://theangrymouse23.blogspot.com/

Thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated. And the target audience is primarily for families.
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (March)
2012 BLT (November), 2013 BWV
brettcw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

It's okay. I'm not into the "this is my opinion" type of resource for planning. When it's a discussion board like the DIS, it's good because you can have conversations with people and get in depth first hand experience. For a website or book, I prefer things to be laid out in an unbiased way that provides info to help me make the best decisions for myself. For instance, if I was looking at your site as a potential user of your site and info, I would have closed the tab and been done with it as soon as I got to answer to the question: "Should we stay onsite?". Personally, I want to see pros and cons for options available, so that I can decide for myself what is best for my family. So, in a nut shell, it's just not a resource I would personally use.

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
kathie859
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcw23 View Post
Background: Like many of you all, my wife and I are Disney zealots. Zealots...not crazy people

B\c people know we are a "Disney Family" we field LOTS of questions and are solicited for advice. We love it but I'm looking for a way to be more efficient.

So I decided to start a blog. Being that there are TONS experts on the DIS boards, I'm looking for any constructive criticism or suggestions for improving my blog.

Mind you, it's only in its infancy but I'd like to add a bit to it each day so that when friends and family have questions, I can say..."Here you go!:http://theangrymouse23.blogspot.com/

Thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated. And the target audience is primarily for families.
Eh....the Birnbaum Guide is the "official" guide--not the unofficial--and you don't mention what I consider the best-- "The Unofficial Guide"--it's just good, entertaining reading.

The issue of to stay on-site or not. I don't think there's a "one size fits all" answer. you say "YES" to onsite--but I've been on trips where staying offsite in a larger accomodation (think 5 bedroom Windsor Hills home with a pool) was the better way to go.

RE: The TIW card is for AP holders, FL residents and DVC owners. You don't make that clear. Also, anyone can buy an AP--not just FL residents and DVC owners---again, you've not made that clear.

Good luck on your endeavor. There's a lot of topics to cover. Maybe you could bite off one small thing at a time and cover it in detail before moving onto another subject.
kathie859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
brettcw23
DDC #722

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathie859 View Post
Eh....the Birnbaum Guide is the "official" guide--not the unofficial--and you don't mention what I consider the best-- "The Unofficial Guide"--it's just good, entertaining reading.

The issue of to stay on-site or not. I don't think there's a "one size fits all" answer. you say "YES" to onsite--but I've been on trips where staying offsite in a larger accomodation (think 5 bedroom Windsor Hills home with a pool) was the better way to go.

RE: The TIW card is for AP holders, FL residents and DVC owners. You don't make that clear. Also, anyone can buy an AP--not just FL residents and DVC owners---again, you've not made that clear.

Good luck on your endeavor. There's a lot of topics to cover. Maybe you could bite off one small thing at a time and cover it in detail before moving onto another subject.
Great feedback...much appreciated

Now I know why authors have editors
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222

Old 11-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #5
brettcw23
DDC #722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy13d69 View Post
It's okay. I'm not into the "this is my opinion" type of resource for planning. When it's a discussion board like the DIS, it's good because you can have conversations with people and get in depth first hand experience. For a website or book, I prefer things to be laid out in an unbiased way that provides info to help me make the best decisions for myself. For instance, if I was looking at your site as a potential user of your site and info, I would have closed the tab and been done with it as soon as I got to answer to the question: "Should we stay onsite?". Personally, I want to see pros and cons for options available, so that I can decide for myself what is best for my family. So, in a nut shell, it's just not a resource I would personally use.
Great point regarding the opinion perspective. It's kind of by design as I aways have folks asking me for, well...my opinion

We were on our local CBS affiliate for Disney tips which spawned tons of requests from co-workers, friends and the friends of friends! So I was trying to craft an information repository in somewhat of a one size fits all approach.

So I was trying to do a useful brain dump. You make some really great points about facts versus biased input. I'll definitely keep that in mind as I evole it.

Thanks for taking the time to read and provide input!
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222

Old 11-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #6
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcw23 View Post
Great point regarding the opinion perspective. It's kind of by design as I aways have folks asking me for, well...my opinion

We were on our local CBS affiliate for Disney tips which spawned tons of requests from co-workers, friends and the friends of friends! So I was trying to craft an information repository in somewhat of a one size fits all approach.

So I was trying to do a useful brain dump. You make some really great points about facts versus biased input. I'll definitely keep that in mind as I evole it.

Thanks for taking the time to read and provide input!
A lot of people want straight forward answers, it works for them to follow advice. I'm one of those people who needs to know EVERYTHING so I can drive myself nuts trying to decide things.

I bookmarked your page. I can't wait to see how it evolves!

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: